Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Hey, would any of you be willing to help me with pictures for Cedric's advanced class? I had a fig built and ready, but I lost it before I could take a picture of it. :wall: :wall: :wall:

15 hours ago, wiz said:

Hey, would any of you be willing to help me with pictures for Cedric's advanced class? I had a fig built and ready, but I lost it before I could take a picture of it. :wall: :wall: :wall:

What did you have in mind for a fig?

Been a while since I posted here, or even visited. I'm sorry that I couldn't be a more active GM. In the last year or so I've graduated college, moved, and gotten a job, plus been busy with other interests and EB has taken a backseat.

Really glad to see that you're hosting a finale, WBD. I'll look forward to seeing it. :sweet:

One of my newer interests is playing D&D. I only get to play once or twice a month but it's a blast. I'm playing a rock gnome wizard with a one-level dip into cleric, for those of you interested. I built all of our party's minis with Lego minifigure parts, too. It has had me thinking that Heroica folks could play DnD sometime to tell the stories we've wanted to tell. I know there are online applications out there that do it fairly well. It could even be done over Discord or another chatroom. It's a little less intense than building sets out of Lego and maybe more manageable by not having 24-hour-plus periods for updates, and a pretty balanced rule set. 

Just food for thought. :classic:

I have been part of 4 or 5 different online rpg groups outside of heroica.  They are a lot less time consuming, but still a great deal of fun.  they were all based in the 1:18 scale realm and we built our characters from those figure lines.  So long as you have a good rules set, you are good to go.

I'd love to help out with a Roll20 version of Heroica... except I'm already DMing a D&D campaign on Roll20. :tongue:

My party's currently stuck between reef claws and pirates, and my party really badly wants to mutiny, which is good. I just now need to allow them to spring the mutiny at the proper time, as to not derail the campaign too much. 

23 hours ago, JimBee said:

Been a while since I posted here, or even visited. I'm sorry that I couldn't be a more active GM. In the last year or so I've graduated college, moved, and gotten a job, plus been busy with other interests and EB has taken a backseat.

Really glad to see that you're hosting a finale, WBD. I'll look forward to seeing it. :sweet:

One of my newer interests is playing D&D. I only get to play once or twice a month but it's a blast. I'm playing a rock gnome wizard with a one-level dip into cleric, for those of you interested. I built all of our party's minis with Lego minifigure parts, too. It has had me thinking that Heroica folks could play DnD sometime to tell the stories we've wanted to tell. I know there are online applications out there that do it fairly well. It could even be done over Discord or another chatroom. It's a little less intense than building sets out of Lego and maybe more manageable by not having 24-hour-plus periods for updates, and a pretty balanced rule set. 

Just food for thought. :classic:

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I'd love to help out with a Roll20 version of Heroica... except I'm already DMing a D&D campaign on Roll20. :tongue:

My party's currently stuck between reef claws and pirates, and my party really badly wants to mutiny, which is good. I just now need to allow them to spring the mutiny at the proper time, as to not derail the campaign too much. 

Heroica RPG is actually what introduced me to RPG's. I'm currently DMing one D&D game and playing in another and have played/DM'd multiple systems, gone to conventions, and even started working on my own system, all thanks to this game. I've sprinkled Heroica stories, characters, puzzles into my home games and they're always well received. I think we all created something special here and hopefully this finale brings it to a good conclusion.

Heroica remains the only RPG I've participated in (that's because it's the best :wub: ).

I thought I left a while ago. Guess not.

Sorry for leaving guys. It's not you, it's me. I just couldn't play blizzard. I might check out whatever comes after this.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, wiz said:

Lord Cedric (wiz)

Level 15 Paladin

Health: 39/39

Ether: 15/15

I could be wrong but I think your Ether should be 16. 

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but if a potential finale is in the works, I'm in. 

I guess I ought to throw in my two cents, though, in the end, it's much the same story. Life just got busy. I worked night shifts for a year, during which I tried my best to participate, but in the end wasn't anywhere as active as I'd like to have been. Then college kicked up and pretty quickly stole all of my time. I also wasn't super invested by that point. I'd never been great at following multiple questlines, and I wound up picking and choosing which quests I did jump on pretty sharply. Meanwhile, there were a lot of new faces, and less and less familiar ones. Not that the new group wasn't good, it just takes a lot to integrate. When the big story events just kind of flat-lined, I think for the most part I just decided to call it.

Which is a shame. I truly enjoy Heroica, and I think it was responsible for a lot of my love of RPGs. I also love the character I was able to build, as well as the massive cast that Heroica had assembled. I also really wanted to finish my Duplovia arc, but eventually ran out of steam on that as well. I've discussed this with Zepher previously, but I would love to give Heroica one final shake, and give some closure to Dyric Rone. 

4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Life just got busy.

Yeah, life'll do that. :laugh:

Sorry Quest #150ers. I feel like my lack of enthusiasm was negatively impacting the party which only fueled my lack of enthusiasm. I lost steam, college got rough, I am kind of in the midst of a dark age, I found other interests and, well,  never really felt like the right time to come back. I hate to say it but Heroica was already in its death throes at that point. It was a good run, and Heroica definitely got me into serious roleplaying. I play regularly on roll20 now (mostly DnD) and it only felt appropriate to name my first character Atramor. :tongue:

2 hours ago, CMP said:

Yeah, life'll do that. :laugh:

Sorry Quest #150ers. I feel like my lack of enthusiasm was negatively impacting the party which only fueled my lack of enthusiasm. I lost steam, college got rough, I am kind of in the midst of a dark age, I found other interests and, well,  never really felt like the right time to come back. I hate to say it but Heroica was already in its death throes at that point. It was a good run, and Heroica definitely got me into serious roleplaying. I play regularly on roll20 now (mostly DnD) and it only felt appropriate to name my first character Atramor. :tongue:

:cry_happy: Yay, CMP's still alive! Good to hear from you, don't worry about 150, I think we were all suffering from fatigue on that quest. Yeah, it sounds like Heroica RPG was the spring board for a lot of us.

I really need to check this roll20 place out.  I am looking forward to an exiting final run for Heroica.  Hopefully Vindsval can make it home in time.

Legonator and CMP both make an appearance in the same day! :cry_happy:

Glad to see you have forgotten us all entirely.

For a bit of Heroica Hall trivia:

Althior, Atramor, and Pretzel have gone on the most quests/Field runs.

Atramor 17 quests + 1 Field run

Pretzel 16 quests + 2 Field runs

Althior 15 quests + 3 Field

Jim B went on 16 quests and 1 Field run.

As far as QMing is concerned:

Sandy tops with a whopping 28.

Zepher 19

Endgame 16

Kinto 12

WBD 11

Edited by Palathadric

Wait, so if I had 50 GP, spent it all on Phoenix Incenses, and then sold them for 125 gold an incense, I would gain over double what I would gain if I spent it on 500 gold! :distressed: 

Phoenix Incenses are far more valuable than the Fields gives them credit for. But there aren't that many buyers anymore.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:28 AM, MysticModulus said:

Ah, finally the climax of #158 is upon us! :laugh:

Almost there!

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Palathadric said:

For a bit of Heroica Hall trivia:

Althior, Atramor, and Pretzel have gone on the most quests/Field runs.

Atramor 17 quests + 1 Field run

Pretzel 16 quests + 2 Field runs

Althior 15 quests + 3 Field

Jim B went on 16 quests and 1 Field run.

As far as QMing is concerned:

Sandy tops with a whopping 28.

Zepher 19

Endgame 16

Kinto 12

WBD 11

Wow, that's really interesting. No wonder why people became burnt out. Those five hosted over half the quests. Insane.

I recently re-read my sidequest in 154, and realized that Mencot forgot to add a Gold Ring that I dug up into my inventory, so if anyone checks my stats post and sees a random Gold Ring there, don't freak out. 

On 11/16/2017 at 5:42 PM, KotZ said:

Almost there!

Wow, that's really interesting. No wonder why people became burnt out. Those five hosted over half the quests. Insane.

I said I was going to stop at my twelfth. That went real well. :laugh:

As hard a time as I gave you and your quests, Endgame, no one succeeded in making villains quite like yours. :thumbup:

Edited by Palathadric

Hi guys! Sometimes I browse these forums to see what new quests or characters have come up, so I saw you're going to do a Final Quest to End All Quests. Can't wait to see it! :sweet: I won't participate, I'll leave the player slots for the players more actively participating than me. Still, I do want to wrap-up Eric's story somewhat so that he has official closure, before Heroica truly ends. Maybe I'll make a post about it in the Hall sometime :classic: . Too bad, I got burned up with the game before I ever got to playing Eric as a Vindicator. Now that Heroica is finishing, I also wanted to say how much I enjoyed all this, even though I wasn't always the most active of members. I will miss RP'ing with Sarge and Monk Pretzel in particular. Even though Eric and Pretzel had their differences, I could really appreciate the character :thumbup: .

For those interested, I have tons of background lore for the Vikings and their culture on my hard drive. I created it to serve as context for Eric's story and also as preparation for a huge Norse Quest I wished to host once, but for which I just couldn't find the time. If you want I could gather the stuff I have and post it here (or a separate thread). Maybe you RP'ers can use it for another RP or story.