Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

6 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

Of course it would be no problem for lower levels, but how the hell would someone like Hoke or Monk Pretzel get along with a limited amount of purchases?

IMHO we should make the gems highly priced instead of limiting them.

Or give the rogues a special discount or something ("Stealing") since few enemies carries gold. Let's say that rogue classes get 30 % discount at stores because they can steal things or what not. 

Edited by MysticModulus

1 hour ago, Rider Raider said:

Of course it would be no problem for lower levels, but how the hell would someone like Hoke or Monk Pretzel get along with a limited amount of purchases?

IMHO we should make the gems highly priced instead of limiting them.

All right I count a couple of players gems. And yes I counted ones embedded in weapons & armor. 

Monk @ level 38 - 22 gems

Sierco @ level 26 - 7 gems 

Hoke @ level 59 - 19 gems 

Kaire @ level 33 - 2 gems 

KotZ @ level 25 - 9 gems 

Throlar @ level 20 - 6 gems 

Matthais @ level 29 - 8 gems 

Germ @ level 21 - 7 gems 

Boris @ level 8 - 0 gems 

Annienal @ level 20 - 7 gems 

Vindsval @ level 38 - 12 gems 

Torald @ level 15 - 4 gems 

Ezeran @ level 21 - 7 gems 

Petaldan @ level 12 - 3 gems 

Cedric @ level 9 - 0 gems 

Personally I think you would only need two sets of gems. One set for attack and one set for defense for a total for 18 gems. 

The only other solution I can think of (and I think it has been done in the past) is have the "Magic Shop" open for a short time, maybe once or twice a year. 

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Or give the rogues a special discount or something ("Stealing") since few enemies carries gold. Let's say that rogue classes get 30 % discount at stores because they can steal things or what not. 

I already believe their is two job classes, that get some sort of discount. I don't think a third one is nessary. (I think the jobs are Artisan and Alchemist.) 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

The only other solution I can think of (and I think it has been done in the past) is have the "Magic Shop" open for a short time, maybe once or twice a year. 

It has been done in the past, and the reason that stopped was that the merchant did not want to be in Eubric with Baba running amok, but now Baba's dead...

Just now, UsernameMDM said:

Only 19?  Hmmm.....

I could be wrong. I was a little quick skimming going through the stat topic. 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

I could be wrong. I was a little quick skimming going through the stat topic. 

I'm just messing with you man.  I wouldn't mind a whole ethereal set though.

However, for 900 and access to the Sungold Alliance, any magic user can get a Zirconia for spell purposes.

1 minute ago, Rider Raider said:

It has been done in the past, and the reason that stopped was that the merchant did not want to be in Eubric with Baba running amok, but now Baba's dead...

I thought story wise (and I am not looking through the whole marketplace thread) is some unicorn person riding around a magic wagon. And on their yearly tour stopped in Eubric. 

2 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

I'm just messing with you man.  I wouldn't mind a whole ethereal set though.

Most, I said that was for anyone else who thinks my count is off. But, I think a lot players would not mind a set of Ethereal Gems. 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I thought story wise (and I am not looking through the whole marketplace thread) is some unicorn person riding around a magic wagon. And on their yearly tour stopped in Eubric.  

Well, she's not a unicorn, but just now am I realizing she sold her wagon to Sham Poo.

Oh man these battles are going to be fun to balance.

25 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Enemy level = X*PC's level.  Seems to help with damage at least.

4 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

Enemy level = X*PC's level.  Seems to help with damage at least.

Definitely.

44 minutes ago, KotZ said:

For high level disparities
Enemy Level = X*Heroe's Level (As suggested by UsernameMDM)
Separate Fronts (Stick your high level heroes on one front and low on another)
Passive Specials (Something like "Passive Special: Overconfident - Heroes less than level # ignore this enemy's SP." or "Passive Special: Unguarded - Enemy takes extra damage if already hit this round.")
Mobs (High level heroes wear them down, low level heroes finish them off)
Cover/Armor (Provides enemies with SP or extra HP, allow it to be destroyed after a certain number of hits)
Non-standard Victory Conditions (Land a certain number of hits on an enemy, successfully impart a specific negative effect to an enemy, steal a certain amount of gold, stay standing # rounds, get KO'd a # of times, use a certain number of items, heal NPC's, cast elemental spells in a certain order, Puzzle Battles [see quests from Flipz, WBD, Endgame])

Yeah, I mean if you want to find creative ways of challenging heroes, definitely look at Endgame quests. He's quite the master of it, though I have to say that it becomes tedious. :grin: 

Hey, at least the primordial dragon fights only lasted six rounds apiece. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

Hey, at least the primordial dragon fights only lasted six rounds apiece. :laugh:

Couldn't have seven, that'd be too much.:poke:

Weeellll, the final boss of Quest 48 was something like forty rounds, so.... :look:

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

Weeellll, the final boss of Quest 48 was something like forty rounds, so.... :look:

...before reviving...twice! :tongue:

Just now, Palathadric said:

...before reviving...twice! :tongue:

Technically, he revived twice in the first phase of Q48's battle alone. :look:

It's been a little while, but from what I recall, bad dreams were a recurring theme in Endgame's quests.  Perhaps it was both?

20 hours ago, joeshmoe554 said:

It's been a little while, but from what I recall, bad dreams were a recurring theme in Endgame's quests.  Perhaps it was both?

Nice catch! :laugh:

Photobucket, come on what are they thinking?

We seem to be a little over the barrel here folks.  Everything that was hosted on a free Photobucket account is now blocked from viewing. 

Well, I guess someone could snatch the pictures from the Wiki and upload them to some other website, and for the quests one could snatch them from the past using the Wayback Machine.