Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

They don't have to be grand story arcs, Quest 154 is an excellent little quest with a fairly simple premise that exhibits this form very well. I'd be glad to see more of them. :classic:

Or my favorite: #149!

2 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Or my favorite: #149!

Absolutely! :classic:

Just wanted to put my two cents about the Fields of Glory - my thought is why not level-lock certain areas?  For instance, the Easy Zones are intended for players between say Level 1 and Level 15.  New players do not have to sit idle in the hall waiting for a quest to pop up with the hopes of being selected.  The only thing is balancing the fields in a way that they should not be able to grind the rewards or to change them.  I feel that players will get a taste of how the game is played since the fields are intended to just fight enemies, not to actually complete a quest.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

For newer players I don't think we need a set of tutorial quests, we just need simple quests.

Speaking of this idea, what is the process now for pitching a quest? I've had one simmering in my mind for a bit and school is finally about to let up for a month or so and I might be able to focus on actually planning and pitching, but I will need a lot of guidance (and probably also quite a bit of help with sets).

Just now, StickFig said:

Speaking of this idea, what is the process now for pitching a quest? I've had one simmering in my mind for a bit and school is finally about to let up for a month or so and I might be able to focus on actually planning and pitching, but I will need a lot of guidance (and probably also quite a bit of help with sets).

You send a quest proposal to Sandy, or now I suppose the Council. You include a title, how many Heroes in the party, the reward and the blurb that's stated in the Hall that is posted. Then a synopsis would be good, especially if you're a new host. If you are new, maybe include some pics of sets/locations just to show you are committed.

Just now, KotZ said:

You send a quest proposal to Sandy, or now I suppose the Council. You include a title, how many Heroes in the party, the reward and the blurb that's stated in the Hall that is posted. Then a synopsis would be good, especially if you're a new host. If you are new, maybe include some pics of sets/locations just to show you are committed.

Tracking all that, I was more meaning which of the Council is the point of contact? Do I PM all of them?

18 minutes ago, StickFig said:

Tracking all that, I was more meaning which of the Council is the point of contact? Do I PM all of them?

I would say yes, unless we hear otherwise from them.

18 minutes ago, StickFig said:

For now let's say all of us as we're just finding our feet and should all be on the same page. :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. All three of us have been around since day 1 (well, of Heroica being public anyway), so I feel that we have the experience to facilitate this game. With everyone's help, of course - as mentioned we need new blood and more QMs. If you have ideas, send them our way. 

We're currently discussing what direction to take. Your feedback in here over the last couple days has been valuable and we will take everything into consideration, so keep it coming!

Well...I suppose I can try to host the pair of Quests I have ready.  I already got all of it pre-approved by Sandy before the Anniversary, all I'm waiting on now is for 150 to let out, and for me to finish some of the sets (although more help there would be greatly appreciated, things IRL have been...difficult, which makes it hard for me to handle artistic stuff like building).  Really, my big issues have been feeling creatively drained and wondering if people were still interested in Questing under me after so long, but if people are interested I can certainly try to get the gears turning again. :classic:

I've been looking to get QM'd under new people, since all I ever seemed to do was go on Endgame quests. :laugh: I'd love to go on a quest of yours, Flipz! :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Flipz said:

Well...I suppose I can try to host the pair of Quests I have ready.  I already got all of it pre-approved by Sandy before the Anniversary, all I'm waiting on now is for 150 to let out, and for me to finish some of the sets (although more help there would be greatly appreciated, things IRL have been...difficult, which makes it hard for me to handle artistic stuff like building).  Really, my big issues have been feeling creatively drained and wondering if people were still interested in Questing under me after so long, but if people are interested I can certainly try to get the gears turning again. :classic:

:cry_happy: New quest.

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I've been looking to get QM'd under new people, since all I ever seemed to do was go on Endgame quests. :laugh: I'd love to go on a quest of yours, Flipz! :thumbup:

Definitely try to get on a Flipz quest. #104 was fun.

Side note: really hope the Council has no rules against nepotism, I may have already reserved a couple slots on one of the Quests. :blush:

How will it work with the hall and the other topics that Sandy created, will the new council be given the ability to edit his posts or will new topics have to be created?

25 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

How will it work with the hall and the other topics that Sandy created, will the new council be given the ability to edit his posts or will new topics have to be created?

The Council are Regulators for the Heroica forum, they can all manage the posts and edit as necessary.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:29 PM, Flipz said:

Side note: really hope the Council has no rules against nepotism, I may have already reserved a couple slots on one of the Quests. :blush:

Isn't that already a rule? Like, you cannot take your own characters on a quest?

3 hours ago, StickFig said:

Isn't that already a rule? Like, you cannot take your own characters on a quest?

I think flipz is talking about taking council members characters rather than his own.

4 hours ago, StickFig said:

Nono, I mean nepotism as in "I haven't even opened sign-ups, but already I know a few characters I'm going to pick." :blush:  (I.E. there is no way in hell I'm not taking Kiray on a Diana Quest, for obvious reasons. :wink:)

32 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

I think flipz is talking about taking council members characters rather than his own.

...admittedly one of the pre-reserved slots is for a council member character, yes. :blush:  Now someone tell Pie to let you beat up the ex-Veteran already so I can steal your party's elves. :poke:

18 hours ago, Flipz said:

... so I can steal your party's elves. :poke:

Stupid bloody elves.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:58 PM, Goliath said:

Just wanted to put my two cents about the Fields of Glory - my thought is why not level-lock certain areas?  For instance, the Easy Zones are intended for players between say Level 1 and Level 15.  New players do not have to sit idle in the hall waiting for a quest to pop up with the hopes of being selected.  The only thing is balancing the fields in a way that they should not be able to grind the rewards or to change them.  I feel that players will get a taste of how the game is played since the fields are intended to just fight enemies, not to actually complete a quest.

Lots of players have gotten themselves behind the eightball going straight into the fields.  They are for mid to high level players.  New players should just wait for low level quests.  No reason to change things up.

The smell of Grogmas is in the air!  I will be making a large list sometime over the weekend for just about every player, no matter if I played with you or not. :classic:

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

To Peteldan Parfenius, one Adamantine Shield (SP; 25). Because I seem to be the only person here worried about a five-year-old's safety.

Thanks, but that should be at least SP: 26, because I don't think there have been any shields offering 0 SP yet. :tongue:

Alternatively, you can just offer me an Ore, which is good too. :grin:

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Thanks, but that should be at least SP: 26, because I don't think there have been any shields offering 0 SP yet. :tongue:

I think the Invisible Shield have 0SP. And I believe Sandy was the one who handed it out.