Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Hm interesting. I think it was Bricksandparts that predicted him and Pie would end up in the Decamon final?

Hm interesting. I think it was Bricksandparts that predicted him and Pie would end up in the Decamon final?

And unless one or the other have badly miscalled their hand, Atramor should win since he went first.

And unless one or the other have badly miscalled their hand, Atramor should win since he went first.

I think we're both more or less guessing. I typically tailor my hands specifically to counter an opponent's most likely cards, but we have so damn many of them. :laugh:

Definitely predicted Pie would, and had an idea I would as well.

Speaking of the tournament, I'm not sure what I should do: keep my level 9s or trade them in? Any thoughts?

I think we're both more or less guessing. I typically tailor my hands specifically to counter an opponent's most likely cards, but we have so damn many of them. :laugh:

I definitely felt the same way. Pretty much every other battle, at least for me, I could make sure I won and sometimes won all 5 cards. With some luck, I didn't lose any cards until the championship. However, when you're facing someone with 3 dang lines of cards, it's pretty difficult to find out what was most likely... A large portion of this last round was probably just chance.

Speaking of the tournament, I'm not sure what I should do: keep my level 9s or trade them in? Any thoughts?

I'd be interested in that Dark 9.

I definitely felt the same way. Pretty much every other battle, at least for me, I could make sure I won and sometimes won all 5 cards. With some luck, I didn't lose any cards until the championship. However, when you're facing someone with 3 dang lines of cards, it's pretty difficult to find out what was most likely... A large portion of this last round was probably just chance.

Exactly. Planning was relatively easy for most of the others (though dueling Hoke was hit-or-miss) and I typically debate for some time before deciding on a hand but I felt like half of this one was just guessing. It was a close one, too.

I know it's extremely unlikeley, but it's worth a shot. Is there an artefact/scroll that makes you Immune to physical attacks?

(And I yes, know it would be game-breaking).

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

I know it's extremely unlikeley, but it's worth a shot. Is there an artefact/scroll that makes you Immune to physical attacks?

Docken's Iris Shield reflects Physical Damage I think. That's probably as close as we'll get.

Docken's Iris Shield reflects Physical Damage I think. That's probably as close as we'll get.

Reflects, doesn't prevent. It's like the Mirror Damage roll Sorcerers get.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but it's worth a shot. Is there an artefact/scroll that makes you Immune to physical attacks?

(And I yes, know it would be game-breaking).

You could become a ghost. :devil_laugh:

The thing is, immunities are granted by scrolls that do the opposite.

A scroll of sealed effect put onto armour makes armour immune to sealed effect,

A scroll of blind effect put into a cloak makes the cloak immune to blind effect.

To make an item immune to physical damage, you'd need a scroll of physical damage.

But physical damage isn't a single effect, it's a class of things.

Wouldn't making yourself completely immune to all effects really take most of the fun out of things? I never understood folks who played games with "God Mode" on. Where is the tension?

Wouldn't making yourself completely immune to all effects really take most of the fun out of things? I never understood folks who played games with "God Mode" on. Where is the tension?

It's super hard to do. And QMs come up with even more devious specials to get around it.

I do the best I can to better my character but I've never felt like I've been removing tension with how good my build is.

It's super hard to do. And QMs come up with even more devious specials to get around it.

I do the best I can to better my character but I've never felt like I've been removing tension with how good my build is.

QMs could even come up with a narrative reason as well, like the region you're in could be inhabited by people who don't like a specific look of armor, like it represents an evil spirit to them.

QMs could even come up with a narrative reason as well, like the region you're in could be inhabited by people who don't like a specific look of armor, like it represents an evil spirit to them.

Or they could make up an enemy with psionic/mind control powers. Not even the toughest armor could protect you from an intrusion into your mind... O_o [:P]

Or they could make up an enemy with psionic/mind control powers. Not even the toughest armor could protect you from an intrusion into your mind... O_o [:P]

That might fall under element/magic, but I'm not certain.

On a side note, how difficult can it be to take down some sheep? Apparently very.

Improving yes, always a plus, never stop doing that. But He was asking about things to make him completely impervious to all damage types.

Improving yes, always a plus, never stop doing that. But He was asking about things to make him completely impervious to all damage types.

Nobody would drop a scroll like that, for this reason. :laugh:

exactly. But like I said, god mode always took the fun out of the games for me.

Infinite gold mode however, that was another story.

Edited by Asphalt

Wouldn't making yourself completely immune to all effects really take most of the fun out of things?

No. :grin:

To clarify the reasons behind my sudden drop in activity: my anti virus software is randomly locking up my computer for no apparent reason; our best guess so far is that it's unable to scan the files for Skyrim and a few of my other recently purchased games (because some of them are too large for it to handle), and because it can't scan the files it's interpreting the failure as an attack on the system and responding by locking up the entire rig. Unfortunately, this basically limits me to mobile until I can find a work around--while a normal battle will take easily four to five times as long to run via mobile, it is technically possible; however, the square battle would be completely impossible to run on a phone, which unfortunately means I'd have to cut it in order to move forward. I hate having to do so, especially in the middle of the fight, but if I can't fix my computer I see no other alternative. :sad:

Uninstall your current antivirus, get avast!, run a full scan.

I also recommend avast, its free from what I remember, and even if it cost it would be worth it.

I'm partial to Malwarebytes, but there's no love lost towards Avast. Hope you can resolve your computer issues soon, especially with the new semester just starting off. I picked up a nasty ransomware around midterms last Fall and ended up having to reformat. Best of luck with the deworming!