Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

That would be a most interesting quest! :laugh: All of it being K-Nuts fault.

Yeah, I mean Benji probably would've never gone with Wolfgang if not for that quest... let's just blame everything on K-nut :tongue:

*huh* This is the season of class changes, it seems...that's a minimum of four different characters planning to side-grade to a different class (that I know of), plus *loses count* a LOT more advancing from basic to Advanced or Advanced to Expert.

Speaking of class changes, anyone got suggestions for Annie? She could basically go into any of the Advanced Knight classes and have a decent start out, but I want to build her to tank, and be more defensive. Anyone wanna lend a poor, noobie knight player some assistance? :innocent:

Speaking of class changes, anyone got suggestions for Annie? She could basically go into any of the Advanced Knight classes and have a decent start out, but I want to build her to tank, and be more defensive. Anyone wanna lend a poor, noobie knight player some assistance? :innocent:

The only assistance I could offer would be if Annie went Mystic Knight and Enchanted up Arthur's Blue Hand Shield, in exchange for getting the Crescent Shield once Purpearl's done with it. :tongue:

Though I think my time as a Paladin is just about coming to an end (as soon as I can find Baba and have her kill Barty, or meet another creature of sufficient regard [in Boomingham's mind, sorry Perfect Regret]) I have to say it has grown on me greatly. The ability to heal yourself if things go badly is great, AND rolling Guardian Angel has only gotten to be more fun as enemies have become progressively more ludicrously strong. I used to not love it, but I do now. Just don't get too married to the idea of causing damage too often (though I've been pretty lucky on that front in 105).

Paladin is also particularly fun because they are, for whatever reason, the only Expert Class with a "faction" association that you get to play with.

Since I've been asking pretty much everyone via PM, I thought I'd just throw it out there: what immunities should I pick up for the Blue Hand Shield (since I plan to eventually pick up a shield-bearing class again at some point in the future)? Hexed and Petrified are a given, but what would be the best finishers? (I'd prefer effects that I can't protect against just by imbuing a Scroll into my cloak.)

Also, I'm thinking about redoing my Hero Stats page (again). I'm wondering if it'd be at all useful to QMs to just list the name of each of my Artifacts in the QM-Friendly stats section, and then list the full descriptions in a simple list in my Hero Stats page (for example, see below).

1. Overkill Gloves (Handwear, suitable for anyone. Gives the wearer 1 gold for every point of damage they do extra when they defeat an enemy; example: Enemy has 50 HP left, you do 75 damage, you earn 25 gold.)
  2. White Ninja Cowl (Headwear, suitable for rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators. The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy.)
  3. Unicorn Helmet (SP:1, headwear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors. The wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one.)

I don't know, it just seems like having each Artifact start its own line would be easier to read than a whole bunch of Artifacts and descriptions jumbled together on the same line; new line=different Artifact seems simpler. :blush:

You know, re-reading the Falling Stars after the outcome of the Hands of Blue... It is a very good job that Tesni believes in greys (or violets :wink: ) or she could have faced a real guilt issue there! I wish I had been up for playing when that quest was on the boards, though I will sign Tesni up for the next Jei Pi quest!

Other regrets: Not helping Wren off to her final fate!

You're right though, reading through old quests says a lot about your character and past writing. Plus I forgot that Tesni slew a dragon with poor ignored Cryfder.

It is just me or has it been a while since we've seen an all-rat battle? :grin:

You've been reading Karl, Boris and Keliim's first battle? [:P] And most likely Karl's disastrous attempts at being a team player? XD

You know, re-reading the Falling Stars after the outcome of the Hands of Blue... It is a very good job that Tesni believes in greys (or violets :wink: ) or she could have faced a real guilt issue there! I wish I had been up for playing when that quest was on the boards, though I will sign Tesni up for the next Jei Pi quest!

Yeah, Atramor doesn't typically dwell too much on the past but when you think about it we did pretty much undo a lot of what we did during Falling Stars. Since Quest 108 it's been more apparent that sometimes extreme solutions are the best ones in the end.

Too long. Far too long.

Too long. Far too long.

Last one I remember was with my Rat Horde in #68. :distressed:

My goal is to keep catering my quests towards Atramor so that I can keep luring him back in. :laugh: And I know you got rid of Ratsbane, but it doesn't matter to me, you'll always have it in my heart.

Strange that Skrall and Atramor never got Zoot's playthings, I really see them as two who were incredibly tied to that arc. And I know I bring it up so often, but I really do love it when previous Wren questers talk to each other. It's a bond that's always well utilized by the players, and I haven't had to write any of it for a long time. :grin:

The rat hoard was hilarious. Impossible battle to run, but totally worth it.

My goal is to keep catering my quests towards Atramor so that I can keep luring him back in. :laugh: And I know you got rid of Ratsbane, but it doesn't matter to me, you'll always have it in my heart.

He still wears his Rat Hide. :grin:

I think the rat horde was the pinnacle of that phenomenon, though. There's simply no way that can be reproduced. :laugh:

Strange that Skrall and Atramor never got Zoot's playthings, I really see them as two who were incredibly tied to that arc. And I know I bring it up so often, but I really do love it when previous Wren questers talk to each other. It's a bond that's always well utilized by the players, and I haven't had to write any of it for a long time. :grin:

The rat hoard was hilarious. Impossible battle to run, but totally worth it.

I actually don't see Skrall as actually using a Plaything. It just seems so...out of character for him to seek power like that. I see him carrying a Plaything around, of course--like he did all the way into the Wren finale--but only as a means of protecting its power, safeguarding the world from being exposed to it. His real power is in his steadfastness, not his strength (though he has plenty of that, too :laugh: ).

He still wears his Rat Hide. :grin:

I think the rat horde was the pinnacle of that phenomenon, though. There's simply no way that can be reproduced. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that's still the record for most Hero-controlled minions in a single battle. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that's still the record for most Hero-controlled minions in a single battle. :laugh:

I think that added to controlling them all, the fact that they ended up devouring the rest of the enemies was the best part. :grin: Like Pie said, I don't think that can ever be topped.

My favorite round.

Round Eleven Act V

Ellaira uses Ice Bomb - (20 Damage All Enemies, 2 Damage Queen)

Captain A v. Creepy Rat B (5 Damage, -1 ether Althior)

Captain B v. Creepy Rat B (5 Damage, KO, -1 ether Althior)

Dire Rat v. Cave Rat D - (4, -1 ether Althior)

Brown Bilge Rat v. Cave Rat D - (6, -1 ether Althior)

Ship Rat v. Cave Rat D - (20, -1 ether Althior)

Cave Rat v. Cave Rat D - (7, -1 ether Althior)

Cave Rat B v. Cave Rat D - (7, -1 ether Althior)

Boisterous Rat v. Cave Rat D - (8, -1 ether Althior)

Boisterous Rat B v. Cave Rat D - (8, -1 ether Althior)

Giant Rat v. Cave Rat D - (15, -1 ether Althior)

Giant Rat B v. Cave Rat D - (15, KO, -1 ether Althior)

Soldier v. Boisterous Rat - (24, -1 ether Althior)

Kitchen Rat v. Boisterous Rat - (5, -1 ether Althior)

Kitchen Rat B v. Boisterous Rat - (5, -1 ether Althior)

Bad Rat v. Boisterous Rat - (7, KO, -1 ether Althior)

Atramor's Cave Rat C v. Kitchen Rat C - Special Damage (Atramor and Kitchen Rat C Poisoned)

Atramor's Dire Rat v. Kitchen Rat C - Critical Hit (4*2=8, KO)

Atramor's Kitchen Rat C v. Ship Rat C - Special Damage (Poisons Ship Rat, Deadly Poisons Atramor)

Atramor's ROUS v. Ship Rat C - Damage (20/2-4=6 Damage Atramor)

Atramor's Creepy Rat B v. Ship Rat C - Critical Hit (3*2=6)

Atramor's Cave Rat D v. Ship Rat C - Miss

Atramor's Boisterous Rat C v. Ship Rat C - Damage (20/2-4=6 Damage Atramor)

Atramor's Ship Rat C v. Ship Rat C - Shield (Deadly Poisons Enemy Ship Rat)

Atramor v. Ship Rat C - Damage (20/2-4=6 Damage Atramor)

Tesni v. Queen of Rats - Hit (47*2*2/2=94)

Russel v. Queen of Rats - Miss

Althior v. Queen of the Rats - Critical Hit (([8*21]+32+5)*2*2/2=410, KO)

Russel v. ROUS - Miss

I think it makes up for Atramor getting the crap beaten out of him that entire quest. It was when I first got the Pheles Rod and had like no significant defense. But I still had that Special Mirror. :wub:

Excuse my ignorance but why is Boris immune to poison?

Wow! That battle was more awesome than I even remembered it being. :tongue:

IMG_2946-1_zps80faf5a9.jpg

Yeow! This is one nasty assassin. *oh2*

He's not.

He succeeded on his Special Guard roll; it's not *immune* immune, it's "the attack failed, so as a good storyteller I'll actually explain why it failed" immune. :wink:

He succeeded on his Special Guard roll; it's not *immune* immune, it's "the attack failed, so as a good storyteller I'll actually explain why it failed" immune. :wink:

He's not.

I thought it was because he's a vampire and such... [:S]

Oh, I forgot about Special Guard, sorry

Paladin is also particularly fun because they are, for whatever reason, the only Expert Class with a "faction" association that you get to play with.

You mean an advanced class? Because there's plenty of expert job classes tied to factions. :wink:

Also, I'm thinking about redoing my Hero Stats page (again). I'm wondering if it'd be at all useful to QMs to just list the name of each of my Artifacts in the QM-Friendly stats section, and then list the full descriptions in a simple list in my Hero Stats page (for example, see below).

Definitely not! Everytime you changed your artifact, a QM would have to jump to your stat page and see what it does.

As a QM, I prefer to have the stats exactly the way I arrange them for all the players who come into my quests. :grin: I've found it to be the most efficient system when rolling for results - I know where to look for everything. I even organize the inventories to a specific order so I can easily find any item the player uses. :wink:

Does the Scroll of antimagic (from the Decamon tournament) prevent healing, or just attacks?

If it prevented healing, it would say so. :hmpf:

Also, wrong topic.