Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

*whistles innocently*

Except you aren't when you're playing a more complicated class (see: Quest 35 with you playing Shaman). I mean, I can't speak to how much fun you're having, but I've certainly noticed more interaction with other characters as Shaman and Barbarian than as Dragoon and Raider; perhaps that's a function of time, but then again there was that big burst of interaction during the stats-free portions of your Dragoon career (Training Room, Hall, early 103) compared to what happened after you started experiencing the mechanics.

But like I said, I'm not you. What are your thoughts on your experience playing the class?

Karl eagerly strode up to the notice board, casting an eye over the new article. His face fell when he reached "approximately level 10" though, and he slunk back into his dark corner to brood.

What's funny is that having Tesni in the party is going to be way worse than having a Level 1. :tongue:

What's funny is that having Tesni in the party is going to be way worse than having a Level 1. :tongue:

XP Karl's probably not ready for the FoG yet, personally as well as level-y [:P] [:P] He'd probably freak out at all the monsters and do a bunk or something [:P]

XP Karl's probably not ready for the FoG yet, personally as well as level-y [:P] [:P] He'd probably freak out at all the monsters and do a bunk or something [:P]

Funny, since one of the Rogue's class rolls is to Hide. :laugh:

Also, just so you know, the smilies on this site are fairly easy to use. Here's a few of the more common ones. :wink:

:classic::sad::cry_sad::wink::tongue::poke::laugh::grin::sweet::thumbup::devil:

Funny, since one of the Rogue's class rolls is to Hide. :laugh:

Also, just so you know, the smilies on this site are fairly easy to use. Here's a few of the more common ones. :wink:

:classic::sad::cry_sad::wink::tongue::poke::laugh::grin::sweet::thumbup::devil:

Exactly [:P] Survival instincts for the survivor [:P]

And I know, I just use brackets as a habit from an old (now disappeared) forum [:P] It's just reflex for me [;)] [:P]

OOC: Ah... So, Karl could sign up right now, and just proceed to the battlefield? [:P] Or would he have to wait for a QM to approve him in or something? [:P]

One has to be chosen to go on a quest or participate in the fields of glory (essentially a type of quest). The QMs work hard to bless us all and create fun adventures. As you can imagine this can be tons of work, so the demand is higher than the supply. Thus, we all wait patiently and the QMs do a really good job of balancing characters from all levels and setting up a variety quests in due time. Long and short, patience and gratefulness is the game. It's like a rigged lottery, where they are truly trying to make it work out for everyone who shows mature commitment. They will announce who's in, and those individuals will proceed to that new thread.

Btw Welcome! :D

And why ist this? :tongue: Gonna just hit things with swords and that! I still play with the complexity of a hammer after all!

From now own, Benji shall no longer be addressed as such, rather he should be named Benjemoni the Lederhosen Guy :grin: . I chuckled when I saw that picture and Benji's real name :tongue: . So, since Benji's no longer a Beastwarrior, care to put in a good word with those Wolfgang bosses for Eric and shove some of that Wolfgang rep my way? :poke::wink: .

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#122 by Kintobor)! Sign-ups to the Field of Glory will close on the 2nd of January!~

Ahh, noo, I wanted to get a Blue Hand Shield and have Purpearl upgrade it. :laugh:

Benji has become a Prophet. Pretzel's future is doomed. His life is meaningless forever!!! :cry_sad:

It's hilarious that the heroes on 105, after all this time still think the Regret/Eternal Reaper/Whatever is the real boss. :iamded_lol:

You guys are so screwed. :tongue:

:look:

Oh god. Am I missing something?

I really hope that Endgame posts in his next post something along the lines of "End of Part One of Seven". That would be a twist. :laugh:

My next six quests are providing aid to all of the countries The Regret absolutely massacres. :tongue:

Benji has become a Prophet. Pretzel's future is doomed. His life is meaningless forever!!! :cry_sad:

What do you mean? Maybe Pretzel might find a new ally in Benji? :wink:

I am also new here altough I a have observed this game on off for 2 years now and finally choose to use my character to play.

Almost all RPGs I have played have some kind off place where one can kill monsters an gain lvl and coins and when you are a lower lvl you will face off weaker monsters. I thought FoG was that, am I right?

One has to be chosen to go on a quest or participate in the fields of glory (essentially a type of quest). The QMs work hard to bless us all and create fun adventures. As you can imagine this can be tons of work, so the demand is higher than the supply. Thus, we all wait patiently and the QMs do a really good job of balancing characters from all levels and setting up a variety quests in due time. Long and short, patience and gratefulness is the game. It's like a rigged lottery, where they are truly trying to make it work out for everyone who shows mature commitment. They will announce who's in, and those individuals will proceed to that new thread.

Btw Welcome! :D

From this post I asume I am right about FoG :classic:

I am also new here altough I a have observed this game on off for 2 years now and finally choose to use my character to play.

Almost all RPGs I have played have some kind off place where one can kill monsters an gain lvl and coins and when you are a lower lvl you will face off weaker monsters. I thought FoG was that, am I right?

From this post I asume I am right about FoG :classic:

You still need to sign up for it and be chosen to go, though. I'd recommend newer players put a few quests under their belt before trekking out to the fields, since it was designed with the Advanced classes and up in mind. :classic:

Welcome to the game, by the way! :thumbup:

Okay (not ok-ey), thanks Kintober. :classic:

That is that I and 2 other lvl 1s [altough one is Waterbrickdown´s second charater] are already sign up for it but maybe the QMs won´t allow us to go then.

But I hope theyu will :grin:

Edited by Mencot

What are you planning on doing with your neck slot, since you're at the top of the class structure? Or are you going to keep leveling up?

Technically it is an accessory since there is no such artifact slot as the "neck slot". Benji will be keeping it.

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! (And I guess happy New Year's Day to some parts of the world). In celebration...

Random Question of the Unspecified Time PeriodTM!! 2014 QOTY Edition!:

What plans (or hints of plans) do everyone have for 2015?

Obviously, I'll probably host some more Fields runs at some point, probably later in the year, though--Sandy, Pie, and JimBee are all in line for a turn. More interestingly to some of you, however, are two Quests I'm likely going to pitch in mid to late summer: the first being the long-awaited return of Diana N. Justus, this time quite a bit closer to home. "'Is she friend or is she foe?' the pony wonders." You'll just have to wait until then to find out. :devil:

Later in the year, likely closer to Thanksgiving or next Christmas, I'll be heading to Duplovia to follow up on the mission of Quest 104 survivor Darius Kaan in his search for his best friend's little brother. But how will the recent events in the region affect Kaan's quest? Tune in next fall to find out! :devil_laugh:

Finally, I have a more immediate, but also more secret, Quest in the planning stages with another QM. Who could it be? And what this mysterious project all about? You'll just have to stick around and see--do you really need to ask at this point? :laugh:

So what about the rest of you? What are your big plans for the coming year?

@Flipz: For some reason I keep thinking your avvie is Boba Fett... [:S] [:P]

Eh, probably gonna try and at least get Karl to level 3, not get him killed, and maybe (hopefully) get enough of a grip on the rules to run a quest [:P] Those are what I'm aiming for, at least. [:P]