Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I hope you enjoy playing as Regulator, by the by, Pie. I keep forgetting to ask you what you think of it, being the only person who's ever taken me up on the class! :laugh:

It's interesting, but the random factor that the class is based around combined with the nerfed Pheles Rod makes Atramor more of a wild card than a super tank with plenty of damage to dish out. I stress wild card more than jack-of-all trades because as witch the role you fulfilled wasn't dependent on your roll, it depended on what you chose to do.

Basically, I can't twist it to my hilariously overpowered advantage as much as I thought I would. :laugh: But it's still a well-balanced and fun class.

Absolutely! I don't know if I'll ever tweak it, but I'm certainly not opposed to it (if it's allowed) and I'd at least like feedback! I'm interested! The only other person who's ever played it, as far as I know, is me, and I didn't really work on a build for it.

Regulator and Beast Warrior already switch battle styles, though not as willfully! Could be interesting!

Could just be... *returns to his evil laboratory to plot and scheme.* :devil:

Hold on, let me delve into the infinite labyrinth of gibberish that comprises my expert class ideas.

I had sort of a warrior monk class idea called the Ascetic that would channel one of four spirits at the cost of 5 ether, and gain buffs when they attack. One was based on defense, another on outright offense, one on marking a specific enemy, and one that granted multiple positive effects but degraded health and ether.

Man, why couldn't I think of that! :laugh:

Actually, come to think of it, it reminds me of this guy:

(Forgot how to shorten links!)

Absolutely! I don't know if I'll ever tweak it, but I'm certainly not opposed to it (if it's allowed) and I'd at least like feedback! I'm interested! The only other person who's ever played it, as far as I know, is me, and I didn't really work on a build for it.

Maybe the Regulator could choose to sacrifice a certain amount of health in order to change battle styles?

Certainly could be interesting - perhaps the Regulator could spend a turn to sacrifice half of his current health to change forms, as a nice mirror to the Internal Conflict? That'd be a tweak I'd consider, again if the class ever seems like it needs tweaking. It seems pretty balanced as is, though I have yet to host it!

Wait... is Quest 93 Heroica's equivalent to Corpse Party? :wacko:

And yes, XX is back once more! I think I've commented before that he's one of my favorite NPCs to play. And don't feel you have to read up on him if you don't want to Matthias/Purpearl - 102 is designed to have lots of references, but you don't need any other quests to actually understand what's going on.

Well, Matthias doesn't need to read up on the other quests, but I am certainly enjoying them! :wink:

Hitchhiker?

Main Weapon: Towel. Damage done is WP+42.

Doggone it, Legonater, you beat me to it! I also vote Hitchhiker!

And yes, XX is back once more! I think I've commented before that he's one of my favorite NPCs to play. And don't feel you have to read up on him if you don't want to Matthias/Purpearl - 102 is designed to have lots of references, but you don't need any other quests to actually understand what's going on. :thumbup: So no pressure either way!

Which Purpearl are you referring to? :laugh:

References add depth to the quest, would love to see how things tie up in #102! :thumbup:

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

"We may have to come back for the password to the Library, though."

"I swear, sire! I r-remember everything about this place! Today's passwords and everything, really! I... am not obsolete! Not yet!"

How very convenient! :tongue:

Pretzel just got four Guardian Angels in a row while Wally got three Upgraded Hits. :drool:

Anyone up for hosting a quest anytime soon? I know many people are on vacation during the summer, but there's practically no backlog of quest pitches right now, and I think there's still plenty of players anxious to get on one.

So send me your ideas. please!

I will be hosting pitching another small short quest that I will get to you in under a month - I just want to let 102 get on it's feet first! :thumbup: Summer is actually the easiest time for me to host. :blush:

I think I'd like to do one more short shot quest at some point soon. Then next up is the moderately large one that offers Marauder. :sweet:

I will be hosting pitching another small short quest that I will get to you in under a month - I just want to let 102 get on it's feet first! :thumbup: Summer is actually the easiest time for me to host. :blush:

Does it have Shadeaux rep? :grin:

Go with Kinto! :laugh:

The next one will have Ji Pei Rep, I believe! I don't know if I've offered it before. :thumbup: Whereas I know I've offered Shadeaux rep at least three times over at this point.

Also, Purpearl/Nerwen, I realized I didn't exchange your gems/scrolls, but I have to dash out the door right now, so I will remedy when I get home. I'm very sorry. :blush:

Is the a little heart in the ruins of Tinkerman. Sandy, you make me laugh sometimes - and if it's not, and I'm just seeing it there because I want it to be there, then I make me laugh sometimes. :grin: :grin:

Edited by Zepher

I think I'd like to do one more short shot quest at some point soon. Then next up is the moderately large one that offers Marauder. :sweet:

Short quest? I would like to go on a short quest! :laugh:

Go with Kinto! :laugh:

Taking too long! I think there is waiting on Endgame's quest....

The next one will have Ji Pei Rep, I believe! I don't know if I've offered it before. :thumbup: Whereas I know I've offered Shadeaux rep at least three times over at this point.

I could use Ji Pei rep too as Hoke has good standing with them right now.

Anyone up for hosting a quest anytime soon? I know many people are on vacation during the summer, but there's practically no backlog of quest pitches right now, and I think there's still plenty of players anxious to get on one.

I am literally one set away from getting a pitch to you. I haven't planned the battles fully yet either, but if you don't mind that I could send you the pitch tonight? :classic: I know I don't have a good track record of planning competent quests but this one is fairly simple and short.

I have a quest in mind (not the Nord one, something else), but it's far too rough right now for me to pitch already. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise it will definitely be run this summer. It will probably be a short, easy quest, enough for me to get the real hang of QM'ing :classic: .

EDIT:

Eric now (temporarily) holds Reno's blade and has slept with Reno's semi-girlfriend. He's trying to live up to Reno's legacy, alright. Down with the Bonapartes! :tongue:

Edited by Khorne

Is the a little heart in the ruins of Tinkerman. Sandy, you make me laugh sometimes - and if it's not, and I'm just seeing it there because I want it to be there, then I make me laugh sometimes. :grin: :grin:

That's just the plume of his helmet, sorry. :tongue:

The Shadeux Quest will ship off shortly. I just want to at least get a solid footing in 101, and there's a bit of mechanics I need to rework. :classic:

heroicaquest100-dockmaster.jpg

"Aha! It's my little brother Brock. For a long time, he has had this idiotic notion of travelling to Vega and becoming a Decamon Master. Now he went and did it, stealing my key when I was distracted by my cards. I am positive he took that fishy friend of his, Cally Fisher, with him. That girl is madly in love with my fool of a brother."

:rofl: Oh god, Sandy, this is either the greatest reference in the entirety of Heroica, or the most unintentional reference ever. :snicker:

:rofl: Oh god, Sandy, this is either the greatest reference in the entirety of Heroica, or the most unintentional reference ever. :snicker:

Please explain Kinto.

In the Pokemon Anime, Brock's father left him to go become a Pokemon Master. I'm going to assume that's the reference, and that Cally is Misty, being the Water type Gym Leader. We'll see. I found it funny, even if unintentional. :classic:

In the Pokemon Anime, Brock's father left him to go become a Pokemon Master. I'm going to assume that's the reference, and that Cally is Misty, being the Water type Gym Leader. We'll see. I found it funny, even if unintentional. :classic:

I did not mean it to be that literal, just a nod to the Pokémon franchise in general. :tongue:

Cally Fisher is also a nod to Carrie Fisher, I presume? :tongue: