Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Battles are actually some of the best times for player interaction. That is when heroes have to make choices, let their comrades remain wounded, pick them up, help them, deny them help to continue attacking your target... Roleplaying being wounded and roleplaying being with the wounded can actually bring out a lot in a character, if you want to. Don't force your posts to only revolve around the battle - maybe chat up a hero and talk about what this battle reminds you of, or roleplay licking the blood off your teeth and pressing onward. Allow battles to bring out the roleplay.

That is true, I have been separating the roleplay from battles. I do still find that long battles bore the hell out of me. Not battles requiring strategy. Not hard battles. Long battles. This is just personal opinion but you hear so much of it because I'm presumptuous enough to rant. Sorry about that.

Out of curiosity, is long a measure of time, or a measure of rounds? If the latter, how many rounds?

Edited by Endgame

Out of curiosity, is long a measure of time, or a measure of rounds? If the latter, how many rounds?

They both kind of go hand in hand, don't they?

What else can they be used for?

Providing the option to flee, as well as out of battle sneaking I imagine.

If a Hero has a Smoke Bomb and uses it, the whole party flees; it's been ruled in the past that individual Heroes can't refuse to flee when one is thrown. :sceptic:

To clarify: I'm not saying Smoke Bombs don't have legitimate uses (they really do), I'm saying they're easily abused, so we should raise the price point so a new Hero can't come in, buy a Smoke Bomb with their 10 Gold (or just start as a Ranger), and then troll the part of the Quest they get in on.

If a Hero has a Smoke Bomb and uses it, the whole party flees; it's been ruled in the past that individual Heroes can't refuse to flee when one is thrown. :sceptic:

When? :look:

It was sometime during the duration of 77, I think.

Or was it 53? :wacko:

It was sometime during the duration of 77, I think.

Or was it 53? :wacko:

I don't recall that at all. I've never heard of Smoke Bombs forcing the entire party to flee. :wacko:

Yeah, I can't quote but I think I remember the ruling that smoke bombs force everyone to flee.

I believe something similar was issued as well. Otherwise, you have a 10 gold version of the Rogue's skill. :wacko:

Yeah I think the action got changed in 77, so it didn't actually happen.

It is technically possible, but it's really a rare occurrence.

B&P, sorry for being incredibly inactive. Life is just chucking a lot at me right now and haven't had as much time as I would like to post.

B&P, sorry for being incredibly inactive. Life is just chucking a lot at me right now and haven't had as much time as I would like to post.

It's ok. I'm just bummed out that all of my questers seem to be inactive. If not, they could probably control actions... :sceptic:

Well, Auroele's battle officially took a turn from being "long" to "lethal." :look:

I hate big battles. :sadnew:

Me, too. :sceptic:

The worst part of big battles is how a.) there's always The Plan (yes, I'm aware I'm usually the one making them, I still despise its existence despite the hypocracy :blush: ), and b.) in truly big battles with lots of party members there's always somebody who fails to follow The Plan, thus rendering The Plan useless. :sceptic:

Actually, no, the WORST part of big battles is that they take so bloody long. That's the worst bit. :sceptic:

I believe this one will prove to take a little less time than many of the other ones - hopefully, at least!

Purpearl is not inactive. And we gave you 48 hours.

That's why we need 96 hours! :sarcasm:

Edited by UsernameMDM

That's why the party leader's suggestions should overrule inactive players.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and given what Pupearl has seen of you and Guts (keeping in mind she's probably respecting the QMs' request not to read the other Quests), I don't blame her in-character or out-of-character for looking out for herself and her best interests--because Guts and Hoke and the other high-level Heroes sure aren't. :sceptic:

Purpearl is not inactive. And we gave you 48 hours.

If her last post was before my plan, and my plan indicated differently than her post, for good reasons, my plan being posted more than 24 hours before the round, that according to your standards makes her inactive, right?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and given what Pupearl has seen of you and Guts (keeping in mind she's probably respecting the QMs' request not to read the other Quests), I don't blame her in-character or out-of-character for looking out for herself and her best interests--because Guts and Hoke and the other high-level Heroes sure aren't. :sceptic:

If her best interest is losing, you would be making sense, Flipz. :sceptic:

If her last post was before my plan, and my plan indicated differently than her post, for good reasons, my plan being posted more than 24 hours before the round, that according to your standards makes her inactive, right?

No. She's been posting consistently.

Free hits were going to happen, because the enemies are stupdily strong, KO's were going to happen. I'd rather have a low level player knocked out than a lucky assassin that has a chance of knocking the strongest enemy out instantly, but you know.