Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Fun fact: I intended to call Tarn the "Hero of Wind" in that farewell toast in reference to Helbaerend (which I thought meant "wind"), but then realized that a.) knowing to say "Tarn of Valco" was pushing it (I could have sworn Thothwick referred to him as such on 53, but no such luck, and we just called him "Tarn" in Drakencourt), b.) Helbaerend isn't wind-elemental, and c.) I was confusing Helbaerend with Vintul, because as usual I was confusing Tarn and Hoke. :laugh:

(I'm not sure why I confuse those two characters so much. They don't even share a single class or Quest in common, and never have! :blush: )

Just because it didn't happen 'on screen' in a quest, doesn't mean it didn't happen! You could have called him Tarn of Valco without breaking the continuity.

As for confusing Hoke and Tarn, it's because they're both good blokes, a change from TeenageMaleRogueHumans (TMRH's) and their variants.

Fun fact: Valco is a brand of strollers/prams/baby walkers here. I've occasionally imagined him with one of those...

As for confusing Hoke and Tarn, it's because they're both good blokes, a change from TeenageMaleRogueHumans (TMRH's) and their variants.

We are unique because we are normal.

We are unique because we are normal.

:laugh::thumbup:

Too true! Too true!

"What am I? What do you mean?"

How could he know?

I'm guessing this refers to him not knowing that Monk pretzel is actually Welsh? A terrible sercret. :poke: Just kidding. :blush:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

I'm guessing this refers to him not knowing that Monk pretzel is actually Welsh? A terrible sercret. :poke: Just kidding. :blush:

He can't be Welsh, he doesn't sing enough! :laugh:

Yep, I have no problem Tarn being mistaken for Hoke. They are fairly quiet people and both get on with things with the minimum of fuss.

Fun fact: Valco is a brand of strollers/prams/baby walkers here. I've occasionally imagined him with one of those...

That's a wedding and now babies for suggestions! I hope you are taking notes Zeph! And I did not know that, Chromeknight. I guess most words, even if you think you've made them up, exist elsewhere in other languages. I remember Myrddyn showing what Hlin and Vell meant in the initial Maginastra quest.

Yep, I have no problem Tarn being mistaken for Hoke. They are fairly quiet people and both get on with things with the minimum of fuss.

As men should.

That's a wedding and now babies for suggestions! I hope you are taking notes Zeph! And I did not know that, Chromeknight. I guess most words, even if you think you've made them up, exist elsewhere in other languages. I remember Myrddyn showing what Hlin and Vell meant in the initial Maginastra quest.

Quest #327: Baby, baby, baby, oh no...wherein Heroes obtain absurd amounts of experience for enduring the horrors of early parenthood.

(The sequel to Quest #312: The Princeless Bride, wherein the Heroes have to track down the kidnapped Tarn while helping Ella find a Tardis Something Old (Quest Item), Something New (Quest Item), Something Borrowed (Quest Item), and Something Blue (Quest Item).) :tongue:

Quest #327: Baby, baby, baby, oh no...wherein Heroes obtain absurd amounts of experience for enduring the horrors of early parenthood.

Nah, seems more likely between Karie and Masson than Tarn. :tongue:

As men should.

Yep - gotta say, I like playing "old dying Sorrow" a lot more than "I want my daddy!" Sorrow. :blush:

---------------

No jokes, please, especially ones that have anything to do with the new Doctor Who series.

Nah, seems more likely between Karie and Masson than Tarn. :tongue:

The wedding seems more likely than a child at this point. :laugh:

Besides, I actually want to roleplay that! Invite some heroes and NPCs, and see what happens! :grin:

Just as a heads up, my internet's down, and I'm texting on my phone. This weather down here has been a nightmare, and I have no idea when it'll be back. At least we have power, so that's good. I'll try and get updates from the college, that's if they're internet's still up tomorrow.

Well, I'm never going to look at that particular children's story the same way ever again. :laugh:

Well, I'm never going to look at that particular children's story the same way ever again. :laugh:

Nobody outside Quest #93 will have any idea what you're talking about. :wink:

Nobody outside Quest #93 will have any idea what you're talking about. :wink:

I didn't really want to spoil for those in the other side quests, so I left it vague. I guess I'll elaborate it after the quest. :tongue:

Something tells me it is Snow White. :tongue:

Meanwhile, Sorrow is doing something equally audacious.

Something tells me it is Snow White. :tongue:

Oh, I get it, because Karie paints her face white. Hardy har har. :sarcasm:

Actually no, it's not Snow White, but it probably ruined my childhood, and it'll probably come flooding back next time I watch the film adaptation. :tongue:

Sarge can't help but chuckle as the hero staggers out of the hall. The regret was a joke. Powerful, yes. But as harmful as a child throwing a tantrum no less.

Great, I had just finalized his boss battle in the finale! :sad: Now I'll have to double the amount of phases from 4 to 8... :grin:

Edited by Endgame

Sarge has been led to question the Regret's authenticity, in the fact that The regret was all Omnipotent and Omniscient but failed to kill him in 81.

Sarge has been led to question the Regret's authenticity, in the fact that The regret was all Omnipotent and Omniscient but failed to kill him in 81.

He had his reasons. Very good reasons, and reasons I will not spoil. :wink: In character, it is perfectly fine - even enocuraged, really, to think that - but The Regret very rarely does anything for the evulz. :wink:

Sorry guys, the internet's down, and I'm texting from my phone. Again. Something's up, and it's being looked at eventually, but until then I don't if I'll be able to update until Tuesday. :sad:

Guess who's baaack! :grin:

Always good to see people make a return. :classic:

Guess who's baaack! :grin:

Hey guys, I'm back!

:tongue:

Yay more gnome fun!