Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Dammit, people, I sunk that chest to the bottom of the ocean for a reason! It contains the soul of every single boss encounter too difficult for the heroes to fight! :tongue:

...every single boss encounter too difficult for the heroes to fight! :tongue:

Doesn't that apply to every boss you've ever made? :wink:

An Apocalypse "Heroica", sounds interesting :classic:

A Heroica Apocalypse, THAT sounds interesting. :wink:

A Heroica Apocalypse, THAT sounds interesting. :wink:

That is what's going to happen if the heroes on Endgame's finale fail.

Doesn't that apply to every boss you've ever made? :wink:

I've never had a boss encounter that has failed a quest, people. :tongue:

That is what's going to happen if the heroes on Endgame's finale fail.

Failure will have repercussions.

However, I highly doubt the end of the world will be one of them.

Speaking of which, my second to last quest in my main plot arc (as well as a newbie quest) should be going up relatively soon!

Tarn is going with Ella to Dastan, I shan't be playing him anymore. His role in Heroica is finished, although he may still appear in NPC form in any future Zepher Dastan/Ella Quests. He shall pop into the Hall for one last free beer and perhaps some loot distribution, and then I'll have to decide on a new character.

It has been a lot of fun playing as Tarn, hopefully you will all agree this is a fitting end to his Heroica career :classic:

It has been a lot of fun playing as Tarn, hopefully you will all agree this is a fitting end to his Heroica career :classic:

I do agree! :thumbup: I can't fathom having to start all over with a new character after two and half years with the same one, but it's good to recognize when a good time to do that is. I like how Tarn's story developed over time, with his past revealed in the form of the building contest and his coming to terms with that through Heroica. He's now become a noble warrior, but his story still doesn't end with him not being an NPC, which is also really cool.

I'm sure going to miss him though.

Yes, Rumble, congratulations on bringing Tarn to a fitting end, and thank you for allowing me to be part of it! Tarn will most likely be back, as Ella isn't quite done, but I'm glad you're getting the chance to forge ahead with a new character! :thumbup:

Good work, Tarn, and very fitting final. I will miss seeing you play Tarn, but look forward to seeing your new character. :classic:

Make sure that in future quests you make Zepher let you write for NPC Tarn. :tongue:

I do agree! :thumbup: I can't fathom having to start all over with a new character after two and half years with the same one, but it's good to recognize when a good time to do that is. I like how Tarn's story developed over time, with his past revealed in the form of the building contest and his coming to terms with that through Heroica. He's now become a noble warrior, but his story still doesn't end with him not being an NPC, which is also really cool.

I'm sure going to miss him though.

I can fathom it, I already have plans for ditching Throlar, and his replacement.

And yes, we will miss Tarn.

Blast.

I can fathom it, I already have plans for ditching Throlar, and his replacement.

I can't say Throlar has been around for 2-and-a-half years though. :look:

:tongue:

Apologies for my absence towards the end of the quest. A lot of computer problems over the weekend. :wacko:

Sad to see Tarn go, but I agree it was a great way to end things for him. I'm honored to have been able to participate with him in his final Quest. :sweet:

If the sets are finished in time, perhaps I could have the honor of hosting your new character's first Quest as well. :wink:

I got a newbie quest going up tomorrow, RumbleStrike, but it sets out on the 16th. No need to rush if you don't want to. :classic:

Damn, I've been completely out of it for a while. :wacko:

Got a week of exams starting tomorrow, but I've got a short quest idea I want to round the edges out on and pitch by next week. Should be geared towards some of the higher-leveled heroes in the hall, hopefully with faces familiar to them. :thumbup:

Damn, I've been completely out of it for a while. :wacko:

Got a week of exams starting tomorrow, but I've got a short quest idea I want to round the edges out on and pitch by next week. Should be geared towards some of the higher-leveled heroes in the hall, hopefully with faces familiar to them. :thumbup:

Yes please. :sweet:

I have really enjoyed playing as Tarn and been on some fantastic Quests with a lot of great people. When I used to play City of Heroes I used to create a lot of characters, different classes, different looks, all with backstory that fit the City of Heroes lore, and I've had a hankering for a long time to play someone different. I guess hosting my own Quests and creating some characters for that scratched the itch a bit, but it's not the same as playing a character long term.

We need a stag night quest for Tarn. :laugh: We NEED a stag night quest. :rofl:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Pie, is the damage from the rogue mercenaries "Special I: Know When To Hold ‘Em" reduced by row and SP? If so, would the gold loss also be reduced?

Pie, is the damage from the rogue mercenaries "Special I: Know When To Hold ‘Em" reduced by row and SP? If so, would the gold loss also be reduced?

Yes and no.

They only deal damage IF the hero doesn't have enough gold to be stolen. So if he's stealing 20 gold from each hero, then if a hero only has 15 gold, he'll steal the 15 gold, and deal 5 damage, subject to change due to row and SP.

Benji will miss seeing Tarn, especially since he won't be around to say goodbye to him :cry_sad: Although I must admit this is a really ideal ending for his character :sweet:

Fun fact: I intended to call Tarn the "Hero of Wind" in that farewell toast in reference to Helbaerend (which I thought meant "wind"), but then realized that a.) knowing to say "Tarn of Valco" was pushing it (I could have sworn Thothwick referred to him as such on 53, but no such luck, and we just called him "Tarn" in Drakencourt), b.) Helbaerend isn't wind-elemental, and c.) I was confusing Helbaerend with Vintul, because as usual I was confusing Tarn and Hoke. :laugh:

(I'm not sure why I confuse those two characters so much. They don't even share a single class or Quest in common, and never have! :blush: )

(I'm not sure why I confuse those two characters so much. They don't even share a single class or Quest in common, and never have! :blush: )

Could have sworn Tarn & Hoke were on an early quest together: Quest #5.

That was Tarn's first Quest :classic: Also I have had several renames of the battle axe I got on that Quest due to elemental gems being embued. I remember one was Kyrferath; I can't remember what Helbaerend meant but I think it was based on a combination of Ice and water. Been a long time!

Fun fact: I intended to call Tarn the "Hero of Wind" in that farewell toast in reference to Helbaerend (which I thought meant "wind"), but then realized that a.) knowing to say "Tarn of Valco" was pushing it (I could have sworn Thothwick referred to him as such on 53, but no such luck, and we just called him "Tarn" in Drakencourt), b.) Helbaerend isn't wind-elemental, and c.) I was confusing Helbaerend with Vintul, because as usual I was confusing Tarn and Hoke. :laugh:

I also get them confused for some strange reason.