Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Okay, just making sure. Excuse me while I steal everything. :laugh:

Still not surprised. :tongue:

As long as I didn't let some racist stab me, I could keep chugging along.

"Oh, Sorrow, you know I'd never stab you."

*Fondles Dual-Staff Menacingly Behind Back* :devil_laugh:

*Fondles Dual-Staff Menacingly Behind Back* :devil_laugh:

Fondles Dual Staff? What kind of Monk are you?! :laugh:

EDIT: You know what, I'ma just redact that. Judicious caution and façade of decency and all. :blush:

For the record, I am a horrible and twisted person with an absolutely filthy mind. I just pretend to be otherwise for the sake of not creeping everyone else the megablocks out. :tongue:

I was just wondering, how does the sealed effect impact previously summoned evoker spirits? Is it automatically dismissed or does it stick around until the effect wears off?

Hmm...good question. At the moment, I think I'd probably run as the spirit sticks around until the Evoker is out of Ether or the spirit is dismissed, but I could also see it as the spirit being unable to attack until the Evoker is un-Sealed. I don't think I'd auto-dismiss the spirit, though--something just feels off about that. :shrug_confused:

What do you mean "steal"?

Enemy mechanics, items, characters tend to get reuses to create consistency. It's less stealing and more along the lines of keeping things formatted. :wink:

And what are all of you talking about?

Stuff related to designing quests. A handful of us design and run the quests, but we like to bounce ideas off each other and players to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. Heroica RPG's something of a casual game, a good portion of our players only post once a day. It's made to pick up and drop at your leisure, thus quests, mechanics, and even rule changes can sometime take a few days, to a week, to several months to be fully discussed or implemented.

2...2..2 yearss???? ������������������

Since here is a little more appropriate to the topic.

Yes, 2 years and that's if you're continually active. It's a compounding scale, generally it takes about 8 months to get to an advanced class (level 15) and up 2 years to get to the expert classes (level 30).

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Honestly I don't understand ANYTHING at all!

Stuff related to designing quests. A handful of us design and run the quests, but we like to bounce ideas off each other and players to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. Heroica RPG's something of a casual game, a good portion of our players only post once a day. It's made to pick up and drop at your leisure, thus quests, mechanics, and even rule changes can sometime take a few days, to a week, to several months to be fully discussed or implemented.

Since here is a little more appropriate to the topic.

Yes, 2 years and that's if you're continually active. It's a compounding scale, generally it takes about 8 months to get to an advanced class (level 15) and up 2 years to get to the expert classes (level 30).

So I have to do many quests to level up to 15?

So I have to do many quests to level up to 15?

Level 15 is twenty battles.

A quest usually has between four and seven battles and takes between 2 to 4 months.

If you are lucky it might be three quests, otherwise, four or five.

Level 15 is twenty battles.

A quest usually has between four and seven battles and takes between 2 to 4 months.

If you are lucky it might be three quests, otherwise, four or five.

You can also take the easy path and use the medal of glory.

You can also take the easy path and use the medal of glory.

But that in itself requires a fairly long time in the Fields of Glory, or else going into substantial debt for mere experience--and if you are aiming for something like Dragoon, experience gain is more of a curse than a blessing (barring a couple of storylines I just can't resist like Endgame's finale or a Sandy Quest, I won't be going on ANY Quest that's not offering Shadeaux rep, simply because I don't want to hit 40 before I have my dragon).

In fact, Endgame, consider that a request. :tongue:

Read the first, huge post in Rules and FAQ. That explains most everything. Then the Library topic explains lore, the embassy explains the races and the theatre on how to roleplay. :classic:

Put your name down for a quest when there's another one on and hopefully you should get picked, and then put what you've learned from reading the Rules and FAQ.

I myself have been playing heroica for around 18 months, and it's been going for about 30 months or so. :grin:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Kintobor said I shouldn't sign up for Fields of Glory until I reach level 15

I signed up at Level 8. I did fine and advanced four levels, after fighting seven battles.

Albeit, in our party, Dragonfire, you had a lucky Raider with WP:16 weapons and a paladin. It was a lot easier for you than if you go without a healer of AoE damage.

My next quest will feature Shadeaux rep, and my super-ultra-mega-duper final boss may drop a letter of recommendation or two (or something similar, if I can get it to fit thematically).

So perhaps you won't mind doing a bit of a double with Endy? :tongue:

There's no way you could have taken all those consumables to make the Heroes cocktail. :wink:

Mix one part Nostrum with three parts Mead. Shake until adequately mixed than garnish with sprinkle of Smelling Salts. Add Mulled Wine or Ambrosia to taste. Best drunk immediately before or after battle.

Come on Khorne, every Rogue knows that recipe. :tongue:

"Oh, and before I forget..."

I down a mead, Smelling Salts, and Nostrum.

See, Sorrow knows how it's done. :laugh:

Every time he takes one of those, though, he probably loses a week or two off his life. :tongue:

Truth be told, 94 reminded me to do it. :blush:

Every time he takes one of those, though, he probably loses a week or two off his life. :tongue:

Which retroactively makes him older as an undead. :laugh:

At this point it's a bad habit for the one's that continue to use the Hero's Cocktail. It burns through their system, leaving them groggy, slightly dizzy, and stupidly powerful. The question now is when will the Town Watch and the houses step in on the use of these substances. Kintobor, signing off.