Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Keep in mind a single hit from Guts will damage any of the enemies of 192 Damage. :wink:

:drool: A hastened sarge can deal damage to four enemies :tongue: My only strength.

Edited by Skyrimguy

Damn it. Sorry, Pie, I can't respond right now, stupid RL inconveniences are stupid. I'll reply to Illdria in a couple of hours.

It's an important decision, you should take your time anyway. :classic:

Nyx's feelings for Boomingham are complicated, but it's a wonderful journey to see how their friendship evolves, especially as they started off on such bad terms. She's grown to respect him, and her respect is not given lightly, and cares for him as if he were a mentor of some sort (even though they have wildly different skill-sets). I think she sees him as a father-type figure, but wouldn't be afraid of trying to use her womanly wiles on him to get what she wanted should the need arise. It's a dysfunctional friendship, yet it is my hands-down favourite of Nyx's.

As to XX, Nyx has yet to admit to herself that they're more alike than she thinks and that she likes him a lot more than she thinks, too. She definitely has feelings for him and the incident when he saved her life had a major impact on her (no pun intended); I would agree that Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for too. :grin:

Dysfunctional friendships are always more fun than functional ones. Who wants to see people get along perfectly? I think friendships with competition are the best, because people push each other to be better that way, but maintain a feeling of safety and trust that comes with friendship. It actually is one of the subjects that Boomingham and I agree on.

And hopefully your real-life commitments will clear up enough that XX and Nyx can have their reunion!

Dysfunctional friendships are always more fun than functional ones. Who wants to see people get along perfectly? I think friendships with competition are the best, because people push each other to be better that way, but maintain a feeling of safety and trust that comes with friendship. It actually is one of the subjects that Boomingham and I agree on.

And hopefully your real-life commitments will clear up enough that XX and Nyx can have their reunion!

:cry_sad:Stop reminding me what my real life is missing! Whoops, IRL affecting online again. :blush:

I concur! :thumbup:

People of Quest 52. You could really benefit from reading what your questmates are doing and also thinking a little. Anyone who can assassinate should be fighting Carlo with no questions asked. Backrow is never needed when there is protection, it just weakens attacks.

I usually don't comment on current quests' puzzles or battles, but come on people, don't lose this battle. I want to see the rest of the quest.

EDIT: Should have known Scuba would catch it. It just bothers me when people don't really read between rounds. It's not a terrible lot to read. :blush:

Edited by Zepher

Gah, some of the mistakes I am making really are inexcusable. :blush: I always start off on quests like an idiot.

Edited by Endgame

Mizuki's shuriken does the same damage from the back row (which is actually more than her dagger does from the front row), but it might be better to save the ranged weapon for next round when we don't have protection.

"Now then, let's start with the names.

The Bleeding's real name is Cardic, while The Regret's real name is Prometheus.

...And that is all I got regarding that."

Another sci-fi reference? That movie was horrible. :hmpf::tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Another sci-fi reference? That movie was horrible. :hmpf::tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

...Try mythology reference? :tongue:

Yeah. Come on now, Greeks before Ridley Scott.

Though I personally loved that movie. Understood why some people didn't, really truly did... but seriously, it really got me. Wrote a paper on it. This is why going to college for film writing is awesome.

Yeah. Come on now, Greeks before Ridley Scott.

Though I personally loved that movie. Understood why some people didn't, really truly did... but seriously, it really got me. Wrote a paper on it. This is why going to college for film writing is awesome.

(I do know that it's a Greece Reference, I was trying to be funny :tongue: )

Sounds like a blast. I'd love to write a paper to the opposite; it really peeved me. :blush: I guess everyone's entitled to his/her own opinions.

~Insectoids Aristocrat

"Redemption! Pah! You mortals live such short lives, redemption doesn't figure into it. You don't have time to change. Well, dragons perhaps, and certainly some of the longer living elves, but you humans, the U'Kin, the Rito, sprites, fairies, wolves, and even the dwarves, you don't have the capacity for change. Not enough time. You've got to weed the species, not the individual."

I think Boomingham's been a bad influence on Barty.

Well, him or Pretzel. :tongue:

I think Boomingham's been a bad influence on Barty.

Well, him or Pretzel. :tongue:

I think it's the other way around. No wonder paladins are so corrupt if this is how their guardian angels act. :laugh:

I think it's the other way around. No wonder paladins are so corrupt if this is how their guardian angels act. :laugh:

So I can blame Cronk's Angel for his stubbornness? :oh:

...Then what's Haldor's excuse? :laugh:

Poor Barty is just doing what he thinks his job is. Its not his fault that it makes him a total dick.

He really believes what he says. That's his redeemable quality. He isn't evil... just... wrong. :sweet: You got to figure that for an angel, humans do seem to have strangely short life spans. Why should they get to go back and forth between bad and good in such a short span of time?

So I can blame Cronk's Angel for his stubbornness? :oh:

Cronk's angel is not what you'd call "hands on". She shows up when Cronk needs protection but stays out of the way otherwise. She must think he doesn't need the constant chiding Barty gave Boomers.

Cronk's angel is not what you'd call "hands on". She shows up when Cronk needs protection but stays out of the way otherwise. She must think he doesn't need the constant chiding Barty gave Boomers.

So Cronk's angel thinks Cronk's already the way he should be? I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing, honestly... :look:

Edited by Flipz

It's more of a weakness inherent in the whole 'Lawful Good ultimately righteous hero' thing than with Cronk himself. He just has too much hope for people. I half suspect him, if he goes on the Quest, to try and spare Wren, hoping she'll seek redemption. And to almost every other person, it's just too much of a risk. He's too good for his own good, to most. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

How does the steak actually work, Flare? It instantly kills vampires on a hit roll, or it just instantly kills vampires as soon as the fight begins? :devil_laugh:

On a hit roll. That is, if the vampire doesn't have any protective measures :wink:

So, does anyone want to tackle the option of hosting a quest in December? Or will we have to wait until 2013 before new quests emerge?

Please remember that not all quests need to be part of an epic trilogy or something like that. The players loitering in the Hall would be satisfied with just whacking some enemies or searching for lost treasure/relatives/pets, etc. Your quest can also be about exploring an unknown land, or visiting a distant city. Remember that outside of the Free Islands, you are free to envision any land to your liking.

I'm working on a draft of quest :classic: , but I think not be ready until at least one week, if I'm very, very fast :sad:

So, does anyone want to tackle the option of hosting a quest in December? Or will we have to wait until 2013 before new quests emerge?

Please remember that not all quests need to be part of an epic trilogy or something like that. The players loitering in the Hall would be satisfied with just whacking some enemies or searching for lost treasure/relatives/pets, etc. Your quest can also be about exploring an unknown land, or visiting a distant city. Remember that outside of the Free Islands, you are free to envision any land to your liking.

My trilogy is taking longer to put together than I originally planned, but I might be able to squeeze a short, but goodie that I've been thinking about by the end of the week.