Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

...He accepts Arthur's telescope. De'kra gives him a piercing stare.

...why are my shipping sense tingling?

No, resist! Focus on backstory, remember how OOC that is! Focus!

I'll be able to get the blacksmith up in a few hours: my brother has some college stuff he needs to do on the computer. :blush:

I'm sorry, but I've come to the decision that the Shaman class is in balance now with just the Shield-skill changed, considering it is a damager/healer -type of class. Of Well, the Master classes are insanely powerful, but we'll tackle that beast once someone hits Level 50 first. :tongue:

I was actually reading over them the other day. Retreat can absolutely not be a thing. It would make balancing battles so hard.... but I was going to wait until we were closer to the quest to put that in.

I am very sorry, but I have no choice. I am putting Quest 40 on hold. Due to some personal stuff I just can't bring to an end in a reasonable amount of time. The heroes can return to the hall and sign up for any other quest. When I can, I will continue with Quest 40, probably in a few months time, When that happens, I invite each of the six heroes back. Again, I am very, very sorry. But I don't see another option that would be fair to the heroes.

Dude, life happens. Thank you for being honest about it and letting us go. Strivvi has shown a lot to Boomingham, and I'll certainly be there when we return! :thumbup:

...why are my shipping sense tingling?

No, resist! Focus on backstory, remember how OOC that is! Focus!

Glad to know I'm not the only Shipper On Deck here. I'm so crazy I've even figured out potential ships for my NPCs. :tongue:

Still think Erdy/Pretzel could work, BTW. :grin:

I was actually reading over them the other day. Retreat can absolutely not be a thing. It would make balancing battles so hard.... but I was going to wait until we were closer to the quest to put that in.

You're talking about the Paragon's job trait, "Retreat", right? But that's just a Smoke Bomb put as an ability... Does it need a clearer description, perhaps?

Yeah, Almei was my gateway drug if you will. After that came others like Sugerless Gum, Museum Heist/Traught, Appa/Momo (I'm staying clear of the Katara minefield), Shadowcat/Spider-Man, Zoethian, and so on. Its really odd, since I am not convinced that live is feasible in reality. It's probably an escapism thing.

More on topic, I don't know if I honestly ship anyone in Heroica. Although I am not opposed to Tarn/Ella.

You're talking about the Paragon's job trait, "Retreat", right? But that's just a Smoke Bomb put as an ability... Does it need a clearer description, perhaps?

Endless smoke bombs? I feel like it's going to be really hard for them to not retreat every time that a battle gets even a little challenging. They retreat, patch up wounds, and try again. They could take the battle round by round if they wanted. But we have yet to see it in action, so what do I know. :blush:

On a side note, don't know why I wrote "closer to the quest". I meant "closer to using the class".

I would not be opposed to Tarn and Ella either. We'd just need to get them together a few more times. My NPCs don't fall for people easily. Flirt a little, certainly, end up with... less often. I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

Edited by Zepher

Endless smoke bombs? I feel like it's going to be really hard for them to not retreat every time that a battle gets even a little challenging. They retreat, patch up wounds, and try again. They could take the battle round by round if they wanted. But we have yet to see it in action, so what do I know. :blush:

It's up to the QM and the situation if a retreated party is allowed to re-enter a battle. Also remember that if the Paragon is knocked out, the possibility of using Retreat is lost.

I don't believe this will be an issue, considering how seldom Smoke Bombs are used anyway.

Also do not forget that the QM could, thereotically, heal up their enemies too. That is how I handeled it in 36, anyway. :look:

More on topic, I don't know if I honestly ship anyone in Heroica. Although I am not opposed to Tarn/Ella.

Interesting...I'd agree with you there, though it seems like we're in the minority there; there seem to be a lot more fans of Tarn/Tensi and Tarn/Ellaria for some reason.

Incidentally, I also ship Docken/Boomingham, but even I know that's a Crack Pairing. :blush:

I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

Cronk? :blush:

Tarn is a very popular hero in the love scape. How are Jess and Haldor, by the way? Still together... but haven't seen each other for a very long time? Right? I think they're our only two active heroes together. Thothwick being the only other hero in a relationship.

As for Boomingham... who knows. He's much older than most other heroes, and he did have a wife already who hurt him pretty badly. Nyx indicated sort of feelings towards him for a while at the beginning of 40, but Pandora has been sort of MIA here, and Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for. Boomingham views Nyx as a daughter much more than anything else, but I was still excited to see where that dynamic went.

Cronk actually said in Quest 7 that he was a Frog for a short while. Though I don't know if he and Poletad really ever interacted much. Poletad is friends with Tarn, Nyx, and Skrall more than anyone.

Sandy, for Valentine's Day, in addition to the return of Etherial Letters, can we have Chesterine's Dating Service? Pretty please? :grin:

Tarn is a very popular hero in the love scape. How are Jess and Haldor, by the way? Still together... but haven't seen each other for a very long time? Right? I think they're our only two active heroes together. Thothwick being the only other hero in a relationship.

As for Boomingham... who knows. He's much older than most other heroes, and he did have a wife already who hurt him pretty badly. Nyx indicated sort of feelings towards him for a while at the beginning of 40, but Pandora has been sort of MIA here, and Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for. Boomingham views Nyx as a daughter much more than anything else, but I was still excited to see where that dynamic went.

Cronk actually said in Quest 7 that he was a Frog for a short while. Though I don't know if he and Poletad really ever interacted much. Poletad is friends with Tarn, Nyx, and Skrall more than anyone.

Haldor's a total Shipper On Deck for Althior/Alexis, though I actually have a different target in mind for him...but I won't push it, since even though it (like most of my mental pairings) is a Crack Pairing, I think it could actually work out really well, and I don't want to taint that possibility.

I think Boomers might actually do well with Tensi, for some strange reason. There's something really no-nonsense about her, and she definitely has an old soul...time will tell. *begins writing fanfic* :tongue:

And YES I want to see Nyx/XX! :drool:

Not Arthur? :cry_sad::tongue: IDK, something about those two seems like it might work, and since Cronk is a shoe-in for the last Wren Quest...

Heh heh, the last Wren Quest is totally going to be this bizzare mix of mortal peril and relationship hijinks, isn't it? :tongue:

Ellaria/Tarn/Tesni was a little RP thing going on ages back. Tarn had a thing for Tesni but she wasn't interested, and as young folk do, Tarn's attention wandered. Ellaria put away her feelings for him once Elpis was born.

But the Ella thing really is interesting. I think there was a real spark there. The main thing is that as a Zepher NPC I don't fancy her survival chances long term! But I would love to see Tarn go back to Dastan and see her. Maybe if we start adding fiction stories to the lore, I'll write something.

How could I forget Nyx/XX? Yeah, they have something there, hopefully we will get to see more of them together.

But the Ella thing really is interesting. I think there was a real spark there. The main thing is that as a Zepher NPC I don't fancy her survival chances long term! But I would love to see Tarn go back to Dastan and see her. Maybe if we start adding fiction stories to the lore, I'll write something.

Well, as I've said, Ella is the ONLY major living NPC from any Wren quest who will not actively be in the final one... because seriously, who would send her towards Wren after you guys saved her. There's no reason for her to be there. BUT, I can tell you with certainty she WILL reappear in at least one other quest hosted by me, and that Dastan is slated to come back at some point in the future, and the QM has graciously allowed for at least the idea of all my Dastan NPCs making a reappearance if the heroes track them down. AND I have a little something planned for you and her if you end up coming on the final Wren Quest. :wink:

Well with Hybros killing everything in one hit, Tarn should be able to make the sign up. Thanks Hybros! Killing all those bandits could have a huge impact on the future of Dastan hehe

OOC: Yeah logically, but I know I have used my cloak right before a battle began, but then switched cloaks first round. It was all the way back in Quest 4, but it was the finale battle. Still, if thats so its so.

The rule that you have to take a Turn to switch artifacts in a battle was created after Quest 4.

Cronk? :blush:

Cronk would love to be friends with Poletad but I don't think it could ever be more than that. There're a few reasons, one of which is backstory related.

I am very sorry, but I have no choice. I am putting Quest 40 on hold. Due to some personal stuff I just can't bring to an end in a reasonable amount of time. The heroes can return to the hall and sign up for any other quest. When I can, I will continue with Quest 40, probably in a few months time, When that happens, I invite each of the six heroes back. Again, I am very, very sorry. But I don't see another option that would be fair to the heroes.

Sorry to hear that Scuba, I've always upheld the opinion that RL comes first. Thanks for the great job you did thus far. :thumbup:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

And sorry to make you run them again (especially after I got some Gold), but... :wink:

Sandy, for Valentine's Day, in addition to the return of Etherial Letters, can we have Chesterine's Dating Service? Pretty please? :grin:

Ethereal Letters won't be back, but I have a much better event planned for next February. A dating service hits quite close to that, actually... :grin:

I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

I'm sure that Leo (If he were still here) would find himself flirting with a frog after everyone else in the known universe told him to go away. :tongue:

Sarge will be.. Running. He is always avoiding people. :tongue:

/Just-revealed-most-of-his-backstory

Edited by Skyrimguy