Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Oooh, I wanna go on a sandy quest! :excited: I just need to get my advanced class post squared away.

1 Quest down and I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying Heroica. Personally I'm a stats > rp kinda guy but rp is important too. Although I do not have sarge sussed yet and I don't want to play to quickly, I think In a while, maybe two quests from now, I'll have something big. And the best thing about heroica... The community!

I'd advise you to keep things slow. I know I post really often, and even I've rushed some of Arthur's development (not to mention the rushing I'm doing at the moment with all the Quests on the verge of departure), but I really do try to keep things slow. I'm really happy how Arthur's first meeting with Guts went; I stand by what I say about Arthur wanting to kill Guts if they ever actually talked together, but this was a short but slowly-paced encounter that can be built on later. I'd advise you to do the same for McEncy; don't tell us everything at once, spread it out a little. Give McEncy the room to do things you don't expect.

I'd also advise you to lower your stat expectations just a bit. I know how hard it is to see all the powerful Heroes around you and want to be that strong and powerful, but it takes time. Arthur's stat progression has been EXTREMELY quick, thanks to three very intense Quests, two of which are among the longest in Heroica history. Most Quests, like the one you just completed, will be short, sweet, and slow, and won't progress your power more than a little bit. So sit back, relax, and just wait for those upgrades to come in at their own pace. :wink:

Oooh, I wanna go on a sandy quest! :excited: I just need to get my advanced class post squared away.

Need/want any help/characters? :wink: Can't wait to see what you pick! :thumbup:

Edited by Flipz

I'll send you a draft of it. My RP needs a bit of work. :blush:

*Snip*

Yeah, I know about going slowly. And to be honest, my ultimate goal is get a good weapon/advanced job class as soon as possible. 47 was a Brilliant quest! Quite quick, exciting, and enough battles to keep it going. It was the first test of my rp work. I now know that I want sarge to ome off with a scottish accent. To be the grumpy old man. Forgetful, etc. And the best bit so far... Sarge has false teeth. I actually have an item ... That is false teeth. Every random quest pans out coincidentally and painting a great canvas (Forgive my cliche)

I'll send you a draft of it. My RP needs a bit of work. :blush:

I really want to see what sorrow chooses for his advanced class. Sarge will be there every step of the way..... To annoy him. Yeah, Sarge and sorrow do NOT get on. But sarge likes syntax however. Edited by Skyrimguy

Well, this little bloodbath with Rhodus has sped up recently. Beware when he hits the 300 HP mark, though...

Well, this little bloodbath with Rhodus has sped up recently. Beware when he hits the 300 HP mark, though...

:look:

He will call it a day? :cry_happy:

:look:

He will call it a day? :cry_happy:

Rhodus, unfortunately, is not a punch-clock villain. :tongue:

I can say the trump card involves gratuitous amounts of pain, though! :devil:

The one thing I feel money-making classes should feel obligated to do with their money is invest in Phoenix Essences. The healing and shield classes keep the money-makers from going down in battle, the money-makers should be able to get the others up. That's my only two-cents on the whole money-making/loot distribution debate.

I agree, which is why I buy so many healing items. They're not just for me, you know. :wink: Plus, being lucky keeps me alive. :grin:

Phew, that was a LOT of typing! Sorry if you were planning on Terra Chima being a fake location, Sandy, I read it as Byblos taking a real name he actually had heard of and just lying about mapping it. :blush: Since he mentioned it being in the far West, and we know that Olegaia is round, I couldn't resist the chance to drop some more info on Arthur's homeland. :wink:

CallMePie, I'm sure that the people of 48 can sell you some of that supervenom.

For the right price. :tongue:

CallMePie, I'm sure that the people of 48 can sell you some of that supervenom.

For the right price. :tongue:

I don't care about your silly supervenom.

Now if a special Witch's Talisman comes along that changes Poisoned Hits to Superpoisoned Hits....that I would be interested in. :grin:

Edited by CallMePie

I don't care about your silly supervenom.

Now if a special Witch's Talisman comes along that changes Poisoned Hits to Superpoisoned Hits....that I would be interested in. :grin:

A Plague talisman? (Yeah, spoiler alert, the supervenom's real name is Plague Venom. :blush:) Possible, if the Toxiproggs ever stop by Eubric like it was mentioned once.

It'd probably be heinously expensive though. :grin:

Level up! :thumbup:

Big thanks for Flipz for looking through my advanced class post for me. :sweet:

Yay! I finally get to Quest with De'kra! :sweet:

Hmm...time to go through everyone's inventory and see what preparations we can make. :wink:

EDIT: Aveal, would you mind posting Barur's stats to the Hero Statistics topic? As far as I know, they haven't changed since the end of Sacred Sands, but still... :wink:

EDIT 2: ...aaaand planning complete. Phew! Now all I have to do is wait for Byblos in the Library and for my Questmates in PM! :sweet:

Pie, I'll be a bit busy tomorrow morning, but I should be back after noon Pacific time. There has been a minor fix to Arthur's stats, I'm embarassed that I forgot to change it before ( :blush: ) but it's fixed now. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Phew, that was a LOT of typing! Sorry if you were planning on Terra Chima being a fake location, Sandy, I read it as Byblos taking a real name he actually had heard of and just lying about mapping it. :blush: Since he mentioned it being in the far West, and we know that Olegaia is round, I couldn't resist the chance to drop some more info on Arthur's homeland. :wink:

It's alright, Terra Chima is an actual location in Olegaia, populated by who else than the beastmen of "Legends of Chima". :wink: In my thoughts its a savage land of jungles and pampas, and the culture there is inspired by the Aztecs, Mayas and Incas.

Sorry that I'm not making Byblos take Arthur into his studies of the Pandemonicon, but I'm thinking of a new plotline based on it and it wouldn't be fair for one player to be so heavily involved in it from the beginning. I also have to question how a 20 year old man seems to know everything about everything, but that's your choice as a player of Arthur, I guess. :tongue:

It's alright, Terra Chima is an actual location in Olegaia, populated by who else than the beastmen of "Legends of Chima". :wink: In my thoughts its a savage land of jungles and pampas, and the culture there is inspired by the Aztecs, Mayas and Incas.

Sorry that I'm not making Byblos take Arthur into his studies of the Pandemonicon, but I'm thinking of a new plotline based on it and it wouldn't be fair for one player to be so heavily involved in it from the beginning. I also have to question how a 20 year old man seems to know everything about everything, but that's your choice as a player of Arthur, I guess. :tongue:

I debated whether or not Arthur should know about the book, but then I figured his reading of the Tome of Chaos would let him make an educated guess, at least. :wink: Sensing the Zoot-affiliated weapons might have been too much, though--there's so much going on at once, and not enough time to react properly to it all!. :tongue:

Also, for those keeping track, Arthur lent Byblos his Journal, and is borrowing De'kra's so as to maintain Byblos' secret. :wink:

William snatches an amethyst and throws 100 coins at the Witch.

It's times like these that make me want to form a Witch's Union. No respect at all. :sadnew:

As a reminder, please remove your character's statistics from your signature, and post them into the Hero Statistics -topic! Also remember to keep your stats updated, especially when you complete a quest.

It's times like these that make me want to form a Witch's Union. No respect at all. :sadnew:

Arthur'd join, but...well...you know. :tongue:

Bah! Your kind get all the respect you deserve! :tongue:

Sorry :tongue:

Don't be, William has learned well from Thothwick! :laugh:

Not to sound greedy over 1 gold coin but I don't think anyone got a reward from quest 44. Unless it's because Sküld and her family are so poor which is fine by me.

I think that we denied to take the gold, and Guts offered to pay anyone who was interested still in the 1 gold reward.