Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Nice! Barur is back as well! Just hoped I would have entered the hall before him. No wait. This is great. :grin:

Nice! Barur is back as well! Just hoped I would have entered the hall before him. No wait. This is great. :grin:

Glad to see you finally joining the game, too! Your character (does she prefer to be called Stigveladi or Amma, by the way?) has now been added to the Hero Gallery. :wink:

Thank you very much. :classic:

According to her introduction in the Hall, her name "Amma" is not known yet. I plan to reveal this name later on while she won't like to be named Amma at first. I plan that she won't be recognized as female dwarf at first as well. But that depends on the other players. The revelations of her nickname should be before her first quest though.

You know, the gem puzzle in Quest 49 really reminds me of this (Q49ers, don't look unless Etzel says it's OK!):

I'd really like to see Quests that operate like the games in the King's Quest series, those were always a LOT of fun. :sweet:

Thanks for the tip! :tongue:

No, the gem puzzle in my quest is extremely easy (once the heroes understand that there is a gem puzzle of course...) and has unfortunately nothing to do with King's Quest.

Alexis looks to see if the gems move/are removable.

The gems does seem to be removable. There are three of them, from left to right; a sapphire, a topaz and diamond.

"Nuts." Alexis mutters to herself. "We don't seem to be getting anywhere here, how about we go back to the dorms."

WTF? *huh*:laugh_hard::roflmao: Wanted to post it earlier, but did not want to give the heros a hint. Or is it allowed to comment an ongoing quest and give hints? (Well, sth like flipz posted should be okay though).

(once the heroes understand that there is a gem puzzle of course...)

Masked just gives up too easily. :poke:

"So, Ansar, did you kill Mandric?"

"No."

"Okay, then. Let's move on."

:laugh:

WTF? *huh*:laugh_hard::roflmao: Wanted to post it earlier, but did not want to give the heros a hint. Or is it allowed to comment an ongoing quest and give hints? (Well, sth like flipz posted should be okay though).

Maybe I read that wrong, not sure. I could have sworn it said that none of the gems move. :blush:

Masked just gives up too easily. :poke:

"So, Ansar, did you kill Mandric?"

"No."

"Okay, then. Let's move on."

:laugh:

:tongue: Yeah, I probably do, but I hate bugging people. :laugh:

Elgar: Blind Blade B, BR

Alliteration Bonus? :sweet:

If only my bat could have done that action... :look::grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Generally it's considered common courtesy to not give heroes hints on ongoing puzzles or riddles, unless specifically requested by the QM. If you really want to know if you've got the right answer, go ahead and PM the QM.

I wish I had the time to offer them such a sidequest, but unfortunately my next quest is knocking on the door, so I have to push things to a finish for Quest #44... :sceptic:

Push harder.

Push harder.

Nnnnnggghhhh!!! There! :tongue:

Quest #44 is now officially over, but you can still gain some extra reputation from the Ziegfrieds. I will post the complete list of earned reputations tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy all the revelations!

:oh: Holy megablocking crap!

Mr. Holla, you can start by giving that book to Byblos at the Heroica Library.

You have no idea how awesome you are for that, Sandy. Great way for Arthur to be able to open up to the other Heroes, and a chance for some of them to understand him.

I believe you met all of us during this quest of yours, didn't you? The Falconer, the Sand Queen, the Valkyrie and the Feathered Serpent all had nothing but good things to say about you. We need more men and women like you in this city.

Daaaaaaang. The Feathered Serpent has appeared in a previous Quest, hasn't he? :wink: Suddenly Dragonlord's behavior towards the end there makes more sense.

Now all that remained was to tie some loose ends. Who would join Cinna in order to bring back the remains of Sycamore Ziegfried to her family?

Wish Arthur could join that bit of roleplaying... :cry_sad::shrug_oh_well:

EDIT: Oooh! The Falconer has appeared previously, too, hasn't she? :oh:

Edited by Flipz

I believe you met all of us during this quest of yours, didn't you? The Falconer, the Sand Queen, the Valkyrie and the Feathered Serpent all had nothing but good things to say about you.

I'm sorry, but I seem to have missed those appearing in the quest, could someone please point them out to me? :blush:

I'll PM you so as not to spoil the fun. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Dark times ahead then! Sandy, was this always your intention or has stuff like Wren and the Dastan trilogy of Quests forced you to go a little darker?

But as they turned away from the shrine, they noticed a bearded man staring them from an alley. Cinna remembered seeing him before, during the riots.

heroicaquest44-mysteryman.jpg

Well, he doesn't look undead... :look:

Or is this a different character than the one I'm thinking of? :blush:

Dark times ahead then! Sandy, was this always your intention or has stuff like Wren and the Dastan trilogy of Quests forced you to go a little darker?

Zoot already existed when I pitched the first Wren quest, though he was not yet public. I believe she always intended this, what with the way the city was headed.

I think he's someone that it would be important for Cinna to notice.

Awesome ending to the quest, Sandy. Don't know if I can find them all... or at least, if I can, I can't match up the names exactly. By my count, a number of them have appeared in previous quests... if I'm right about who they are.

Pretty sure you, Cinna, Thothwick, and Thormy ought to recognize him... :look:

Also, to those trying to figure out the Veterans, Sandy's already given a huge hint in the very speech in which Copper Fox reveals you've met them all. :wink: If you want to find the hint yourself, don't open this spoiler:

The Heroes met the Veterans in the order that Copper Fox mentioned them. :wink:

Oh, and Zeph, you'll need to do some editing to some of the NPC index entries now. :wink: Do you want me to PM you the list I've figured out?

In other news, I think I've figured out most of the Veterans' classes, and unless my calculations are off, either some Veterans are under Level 30, or else they've kept their Advanced Classes up into the Level 50 range! (And yes, they are all player-available classes. :wink: )

Edited by Flipz

No, I figured it out. Though Sandy will PM me the information that she wants in the Index, I rarely change entries unless QM using the characters sends me information.

That being said, the NPC index is on pause until Friday when I'll have a break for nine days. Then I'll finish up Dastan and insert all the quests that are currently missing.

You know, I'm slightly confused by Reputation, so I'd best ask: if a Hero has "good" reputation with one House, will a Quest for a rival House bring the reputation for the other House to "good", or will the Reputation be reset to Neutral?

I.E. Arthur has "good" reputation with the Hinckwells (Quest 17) (and thus "bad" reputation with the Shadeaux). He takes (and successfully completes) a Quest for the Shadeaux. Would his Reputation with the Shadeaux now be "good" and his reputation with the Hinckwells be "bad", or would he just be completely neutral with regards to those two?

Pretty sure you, Cinna, Thothwick, and Thormy ought to recognize him... :look:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

In other news, I think I've figured out most of the Veterans' classes, and unless my calculations are off, either some Veterans are under Level 30, or else they've kept their Advanced Classes up into the Level 50 range! (And yes, they are all player-available classes. :wink: )

On that note, why does the Copper Fox get to be the Jack of all Trades while we get a class named 'Mime'? :laugh:

That ending was just amazing. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You know, I'm slightly confused by Reputation, so I'd best ask: if a Hero has "good" reputation with one House, will a Quest for a rival House bring the reputation for the other House to "good", or will the Reputation be reset to Neutral?

I.E. Arthur has "good" reputation with the Hinckwells (Quest 17) (and thus "bad" reputation with the Shadeaux). He takes (and successfully completes) a Quest for the Shadeaux. Would his Reputation with the Shadeaux now be "good" and his reputation with the Hinckwells be "bad", or would he just be completely neutral with regards to those two?

I think whenever you gain a level of reputation for a House, your reputation with its rival goes down a level - but neutral is the lowest you can go. So you'd have neutral reputation with the Hinckwells and good with the Shadeaux.

Edited by CallMePie