Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Oh dear, it looks as though Nerwen suffers from the same syndrome as Arthur, making serious judgements of a person's life (And even their species) because of single action that they took. Maybe Guts secretly called her a smartarse too. :poke:

She'd deserve it! :tongue: We should form an alliance against smartarses. It needs to be a thing.

My guess is that they'll be given a chance to fight their way out over a PM sidequest.

And the rest of the party suffers because they get to keep all the awesome loot they'll get for themselves. :tongue:

Or the book starts draining Gut's life force until he gives up the book to Nerwen. :tongue:

Guts has a lot of money for potions... We'll see who gives up first. :tongue:

Guts has a lot of money for potions... We'll see who gives up first. :tongue:

No amount of gold can withstand a QM's plot-line prophecy, but Gut's attempt is certainly commendable. :thumbup: But who knows, Sandy might be taking this in an entirely unforseen direction. I do know that this quest can seriously not move fast enough for me however. :excited:

My guess is that they'll be given a chance to fight their way out over a PM sidequest.

And the rest of the party suffers because they get to keep all the awesome loot they'll get for themselves. :tongue:

We did save some loot for them.

Oh dear, it looks as though Nerwen suffers from the same syndrome as Arthur, making serious judgements of a person's life (And even their species) because of single action that they took. Maybe Guts secretly called her a smartarse too. :poke:

Nerwen would shrug that off, she knows she's often one of the smartest people in the room, and that others sometimes react badly to that. Of course she's a smartarse, all of her is smart, including her behind.

As for attacking guts, Nerwen believes that doing so would prove she wants the power, not just the good of their companions if she is willing to attack another party member.

And I know she's a level 14 cleric and he's a level 21 raider with a pair of WP:14 weapons. It'd be different if the winged circle granted immunity to ice though.

Edited by Chromeknight

We did save some loot for them.

No, I mean that by not saving Namyrra and William, the party doesn't get the XP and loot that Namyrra and William might pick up by freeing themselves in a PM side quest.

Just wondering... How much would I get for my (Wp8) Golden handcannon (Lightning)?

In the Marketplace, WP: 8 is worth 50+60+70+80=260 Gold, a Topaz is worth 100 Gold, and the cost of imbuing it is 50 Gold, so to create an identical weapon in the Marketplace would require 410 Gold. You could probably get 300-350 easily, but it really depends on how badly the buyer wants it. It doesn't have any unique effects and its WP isn't particularly high.

No, I mean that by not saving Namyrra and William, the party doesn't get the XP and loot that Namyrra and William might pick up by freeing themselves in a PM side quest.

Ah yes. And with Nerwen just two XP from an advanced class, that does chafe a bit...

Nerwen can handle being called a smartarse. Being mistrusted or called a liar are two things that are difficult though.

Just wondering... How much would I get for my (Wp8) Golden handcannon (Lightning)?

40 gold from the marketplace.

I wish I had the time to offer them such a sidequest, but unfortunately my next quest is knocking on the door, so I have to push things to a finish for Quest #44... :sceptic:

Of course, I'm sure this IS the Temple of Zoot that Wren and Roderick discovered with the Gray Wizard--I'm sure Zeph coordinated that with you in the writing for 38. :wink:

Sandy and I don't actually need to coordinate too much, because we talk about Heroica so much we just end up doing the same things. I knew, for example, that there was a Dragon floating around under Eubric for.... well, over half a year now? Just about. And that's just one example.

I can see Skrall or Boomingham probably being of the same mind. Most people would not be as trusting of other's intentions in real life as they are in Heroica. Mistrust is a hard thing to pull of in an RPG, especially when you can read what another person's character is thinking.

Now that we're seeing them on the same quest, Skrall and Boomingham remind me a lot of each other. Too bad one of them is horribly racist. :innocent: And yeah, it's hard to not respond to thoughts. Poor Boomingham thinks he and Ellaria get along really well.

I must say that I am enjoying this little bout in Quest 44 between you two, Scuba and Chromeknight, and I think it is an amazing observation made by Nerwen that the argument is similar to the one over the darkstar in their earlier quest. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Another great example of IMPORTANT roleplay. This is why the game gets stronger - players allow character relationships to grow. Arthur and Haldor fought about a similar issue, but Nerwen and Guts already know each other, so they act differently together. :thumbup:

EDIT: Holy crap! Chromeknight, Scuba, that was beautiful. I just read it all (hadn't fully caught up yet). Really really superb. Such strong characters, discussing such strong things, drawing on backstory and past experience in the game that we've seen. Thothwick always has lovely interjections as well.

This is one of the saddest quest endings. It does feel like a loss. Congrats, Sandy, for pulling at the heart strings.

Edited by Zepher

Wait... So are the two hero characters actually destroyed?

Wait... So are the two hero characters actually destroyed?

Yes. They are gone. Just because they rolled special damage in combat they have lost all progress of possibly more than a year.

:wink:

AHh, Arasmyth got Ko'd and lost all progress, I started again, despite being level 16.

He choose to do it, though.

AHh, Arasmyth got Ko'd and lost all progress, I started again, despite being level 16.

Both were the players' choice for their characters, not the QM's decision.

We'll just have to see. Why don't you let the story take you, and not cheat and beg for information here! :tongue: Isn't it more exciting to sit on the edge of your seat? I find that exciting at least.

I think quests where heroes can die would be AWESOME... the QM would probably have to warn of it in the sign-ups though. And it would be a special breed of player who was willing to go.

EDIT: Ugh, and let me just say it agin, gotta love Guts. Unpredictable characters are the best. Guts is clearly three-dimensional in some of the coolest ways.

Edited by Zepher

I think quests where heroes can die would be AWESOME... the QM would probably have to warn of it in the sign-ups though. And it would be a special breed of player who was willing to go.

I think that sort of Quest would be awesome, though the battles should give double experience.

Maybe there's a reason Arthur didn't like her when they first met...they're so similar. (Well, that and Arthur was in a weird place mentally, but...)

Sometimes I have to read good books in one sitting because I am absolutely horrible at waiting :blush:, and want to see the end of it really, really, bad.

44 is like one of those books. :tongue:

Yes. They are gone. Just because they rolled special damage in combat they have lost all progress of possibly more than a year.

:wink:

Ah, sweet sardonism. :tongue:

Isn't it more exciting to sit on the edge of your seat? I find that exciting at least.

I'm going to have to leave you at the edge of your seat, as I need to hit the bunk. The quest will be concluded tomorrow, I reckon, and we'll find out just how well-digested Namyrra and William are. :wink: