Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I respectfully disagree. I am not saying all of it should be. But, I'm not a rogue and you are. And I think our differences on this issue are why you play a rogue and I play a cleric. I'm happy to talk in pm if you feel slighted in quest, and I'd like to keep this discussion general rather than incite specific complaints.

Don't worry, I don't feel slighted, :laugh: Guts got an awesome weapon, and that's cool! I just think that loot distribution and money making skills should be kept seperate, that's my opinion, how I will lead a party (and have done so twice and a bit without complaints :tongue: ), and if you disagree with that, that's fine too. :tongue:

In my view, generally speaking Rogue earnings should not be considered for loot distribution; however, in a large battle with lots of Heroes but few items, Rogues who earn a lot of Gold in-battle should keep in mind that this will likely put you at the bottom of the loot distribution tree, simply because you HAVE gained something good from the battle while the other Heroes have not.

That said, if there's an item that's perfectly suited to a Hero roleplaying-wise, special consideration should be given for that even if it means matchmaking item swaps; story is THE biggest strong point of the game, and our game-mechanical abilities should reflect this. :wink:

Man, poor little Hybros is just carrying an abundance of weapons from Zoot.

Question - will we be hearing more of Hybros' origins soon, JimBee? It featured heavily at first, but has (right-fully) taken a back seat. I'd love to see some of it again soon!

In my view, generally speaking Rogue earnings should not be considered for loot distribution; however, in a large battle with lots of Heroes but few items, Rogues who earn a lot of Gold in-battle should keep in mind that this will likely put you at the bottom of the loot distribution tree, simply because you HAVE gained something good from the battle while the other Heroes have not.

I agree. I usually try not to consider the Gold Rogues get when I distribute the loot; that is their class strength and they shouldn't receive less loot for taking advantage of it. But when we're talking as ridiculous an amount as 700 Gold, then I think you have to at least think about that when you're distributing the Gold. I wouldn't ask the Rogue to give up Gold, though. If there's an item among the loot that he wants badly enough, he's probably going to give up Gold buying it from another player or offer to give up Gold to get it anyways. You shouldn't make someone spend Gold on something they don't want. I'd rather have 700 Gold and no loot than 500 Gold and an item I don't really want.

That said, if there's an item that's perfectly suited to a Hero roleplaying-wise, special consideration should be given for that even if it means matchmaking item swaps; story is THE biggest strong point of the game, and our game-mechanical abilities should reflect this. :wink:

I do not agree. Stats are always more important than roleplaying. :grin:

Is it possible that Mandric drank himself to death?

And slipped, impaling his own the throat on his knife? :look:

Look, I'm just saying, he drank AT LEAST one bottle of beer in every room of the building, apparently. :tongue:

Speaking of which, since when do a bunch of paladins stock so much alcohol? :laugh:

Disclaimer:

The Paladin Order does not endorse the abuse of alcoholic beverages.

(and it is the chef and the gardener that has stocked up on beer for their illegal tavern)

I agree. I usually try not to consider the Gold Rogues get when I distribute the loot; that is their class strength and they shouldn't receive less loot for taking advantage of it. But when we're talking as ridiculous an amount as 700 Gold, then I think you have to at least think about that when you're distributing the Gold. I wouldn't ask the Rogue to give up Gold, though. If there's an item among the loot that he wants badly enough, he's probably going to give up Gold buying it from another player or offer to give up Gold to get it anyways. You shouldn't make someone spend Gold on something they don't want. I'd rather have 700 Gold and no loot than 500 Gold and an item I don't really want.

I do not agree. Stats are always more important than roleplaying. :grin:

Not to get all political, but this debate seems strangely familiar to the one the Congress is having right now about taxing the rich more. I can see both sides of the coin, but in my opinion if I was rich I wouldn't mind getting taxed a bit more (i.e. less loot). Like I said, if I was Party Leader I would take the amount of Gold stolen into consideration, but it certainly wouldn't be the main point I base my decision off of. When you get that rich in one round, though, you shouldn't complain when you get slightly less loot unless you're a greedy person with no consideration for the poor people beneath you. :tongue:

unless you're a greedy person with no consideration for the poor people beneath you. :tongue:

You mean that's not the entire point of getting loot in an RPG? :wacko:

>Bartholomew Docken (Darksteel Crossbow) vs. Phoenix - Special Damage (Empyreal Flame - Althior: 6 health+4 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=0 health; Docken: 25 health+15 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=25 health; Dyric: 11 health-(30/2=15 dmg)=0 health; Xander: 16 health+5 SP-(30/2=15 dmg)=6 health)

Wishing Starfish+Rainbow Frog A+Rainbow Frog C+Mellow Crab - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 25 health+15 SP-(27+19+19+12=77/2=39 dmg)=1 health)

Magic Carp+Rainbow Frog B+Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 6 health+5 SP-(66+19+19=104/2=52 dmg)=0 health)

:sing:

Flipz needs to make a trophy for surviving by the least amount of Health possible. :laugh:

"Hmm. Elvish. And it talks. I say we burn it."

With that, Guts takes a match out of his coat, strikes it against the wall, and attempts to light the book on fire.

Completely missing the giant torch right next to it. :snicker:

Guts throws the book into the brazier.

I have one thing to say about this.... What sarge would have done. Scuba, I salute you.

I have one thing to say about this.... What sarge would have done. Scuba, I salute you.

Honestly, I just want to see what happens. :grin:

Look, I'm just saying, he drank AT LEAST one bottle of beer in every room of the building, apparently. :tongue:

And he was already thoroughly snookered when Cronk saw him last. His blood probably had a high enough alcohol content to peel the paint off the floor he died on.

Honestly, if Arthur ever met Guts, he would legitimately try to kill him. I simply cannot see any interaction whatsoever between those two that would not result in direct combat, unless one or both of us broke character. Seriously, QMs, do not put Guts and Arthur together even by chance, it WILL destroy the mission. :sceptic:

And he was already thoroughly snookered when Cronk saw him last. His blood probably had a high enough alcohol content to peel the paint off the floor he died on.

You should totally go back to the Sanctuary and find out if that's the case. :tongue:

Sandy, I don't know if you saw my comment before, but...can we please get some more pictures and/or building instructions for Mephisto? Pretty please? :grin:

Well, I can give you larger versions of the pictures I used for the quest, at least...

mephisto1.jpg

mephisto2.jpg

Honestly, if Arthur ever met Guts, he would legitimately try to kill him. I simply cannot see any interaction whatsoever between those two that would not result in direct combat, unless one or both of us broke character. Seriously, QMs, do not put Guts and Arthur together even by chance, it WILL destroy the mission. :sceptic:

Awww. :sadnew: Why, exactly?

Awww. :sadnew: Why, exactly?

Guts has a really, really strict worldview, and unlike Cronk he doesn't bother to be diplomatic about what he says. (Note how even Cronk lost some of Arthur's respect because of this towards the end of Quest 38.) Arthur is, for the most part, on the side of Chaos, which to Guts seems to automatically mean "evil". Even if Guts didn't automatically attack Arthur for being a Chaos-aligned Mage, he would very likely say something slighting Arthur's beliefs, and (as we saw with Haldor), Arthur won't take that lying down, whether or not he's actually right.

Plus, it's more than likely that, on a Quest, Guts would do something to a rare artifact like he tried to do to the book of Chaos in the Temple of Zoot. Trust me: if Arthur had seen you do that, he would have a.) called Guts a fool for attempting to destroy Chaotic knowledge that (in Arthur's view) is inherent in the nature of the world, and then b.) laughed in his face for thinking he even had the power to destroy such knowledge.

EDIT: Arthur also doesn't take well to racial epithets, especially directed towards his friends. (Calling De'kra "demonspawn" is yet another quick way to get on Arthur's nerves.) Guts acts bluntly superior to everyone else, and Arthur doesn't like people who think they're better than others, anyway.

In short, both are characters who respond strongly, sometimes even violently about what they believe, and their beliefs are diametrically opposed. That's not going to end well no matter how you slice it. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Guts has a really, really strict worldview, and unlike Cronk he doesn't bother to be diplomatic about what he says. (Note how even Cronk lost some of Arthur's respect because of this towards the end of Quest 38.) Arthur is, for the most part, on the side of Chaos, which to Guts seems to automatically mean "evil". Even if Guts didn't automatically attack Arthur for being a Chaos-aligned Mage, he would very likely say something slighting Arthur's beliefs, and (as we saw with Haldor), Arthur won't take that lying down, whether or not he's actually right.

Plus, it's more than likely that, on a Quest, Guts would do something to a rare artifact like he tried to do to the book of Chaos in the Temple of Zoot. Trust me: if Arthur had seen you do that, he would have a.) called Guts a fool for attempting to destroy Chaotic knowledge that (in Arthur's view) is inherent in the nature of the world, and then b.) laughed in his face for thinking he even had the power to destroy such knowledge.

In short, both are characters who respond strongly, sometimes even violently about what they believe, and their beliefs are diametrically opposed. That's not going to end well no matter how you slice it. :wink:

Hmmm. I think we can get some awesome roleplaying out of this. :grin: Just remember, Guts can totally take Arthur. :tongue:

Just remember, Guts can totally take Arthur. :tongue:

I don't know....he doesn't have much of a chance if he's Blinded, Confused, Sealed, Weakened, and Fragile all at once. :laugh:

Even if Guts didn't automatically attack Arthur for being a Chaos-aligned Mage, he would very likely say something slighting Arthur's beliefs, and (as we saw with Haldor), Arthur won't take that lying down, whether or not he's actually right.

Haldor never slighted Arthur's beliefs at all, he just called him a smartarse for pointing out little details when Haldor was being half-eaten, and Arthur couldn't take it. :poke:

Just remember, Guts can totally take Arthur. :tongue:

Because that is all that matters in an RPG. :tongue:

I'll make sure to take you both along on a quest! I have a quest I think you'd both like! :devil: