Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Relatively few Quests have undead or demonic foes, at least compared to the massive number of humanoid enemies. (Hmm...demonic/fire...we need to throw Althior and Arasmyth up against a Balrog. :devil:)

I agree in that an amethyst would probably be the most useful and therefore the best to start with I said Diamond because they are so rare. I believe that there are only two in existence in heroica at the moment, the one in Cronks sword and Althior's. Zepher has had some diamonds as drops but that was the chaos beast that fled.

I agree in that an amethyst would probably be the most useful and therefore the best to start with I said Diamond because they are so rare. I believe that there are only two in existence in heroica at the moment, the one in Cronks sword and Althior's. Zepher has had some diamonds as drops but that was the chaos beast that fled.

Maurice has one in his mace too, I believe. :wink:

What about me?

I think yours started out Light-elemental.

I was off by half. default_laugh_new.gif Still, the point remains that it is the rarest gem, also Althior is the only mage to have one.

Woot! Woot! :tongue:

And welcome to new player The WarMocer playing as halfling rogue Sancho Praudfout!

Welcome to Heroica, Sancho! Don't forget, in addition to your vial of venom you also start with a potion! Hope you enjoy Heroica!

And welcome to new player The WarMocer playing as halfling rogue Sancho Praudfout!

Welcome to Heroica, Sancho! Don't forget, in addition to your vial of venom you also start with a potion! Hope you enjoy Heroica!

And here's your avatar in the correct size, The WarMocer. Your character is also missing his age. :wink:

ava-sancho.jpg

And here's your avatar in the correct size, The WarMocer. Your character is also missing his age. :wink:

ava-sancho.jpg

Fixed!

Edit: Also fixed the picture.

Edited by The WarMocer

Nice quest, Bricksandparts. I'm beginning to like these smaller, shorter, quests more. Having only three people in a party can definitely prove advantageous. :thumbup:

One thing I'm puzzled on is how Henike got 666 ( *oh2* ) damage. Could you please explain it?

Nice quest, Bricksandparts. I'm beginning to like these smaller, shorter, quests more. Having only three people in a party can definitely prove advantageous. :thumbup:

One thing I'm puzzled on is how Henike got 666 ( *oh2* ) damage. Could you please explain it?

He had the bow that did elemental

2*WP:1= 20 > +17=37 > *2 elemental damage=74 > *3 hunts ice monsters > *3 Shield (Marks opponent.)=666

Ah. I thought the Marking the Favored Shield special worked a different way. I thought it offered a chance to switch the favored type, and then any damage to that type of enemy would be tripled. Not deal triple damage in addition to the already tripled damage from being favored already.

So I guess my real question is: is Marking the Favored an attack as well as a chance to switch the favored type for hunters?

So confusing... :laugh:

Okay, a few more questions, Bricks.

How does the fire amulet work? Just like a ruby-imbued weapon?

Which element was Heinike's longbow? I can't find it anywhere.

Ah. I thought the Marking the Favored Shield special worked a different way. I thought it offered a chance to switch the favored type, and then any damage to that type of enemy would be tripled. Not deal triple damage in addition to the already tripled damage from being favored already.

So I guess my real question is: is Marking the Favored an attack as well as a chance to switch the favored type for hunters?

So confusing... :laugh:

Okay, a few more questions, Bricks.

How does the fire amulet work? Just like a ruby-imbued weapon?

Which element was Heinike's longbow? I can't find it anywhere.

The Fire amulet is an artifact and adds good effects of a fire gem to each attack.

Enchanted Longbow - (WP: 10) Causes elemental damage to all opponents when miss is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Rangers. (Oops... I forgot it was when miss is rolled... I just did it for every damage.)

The Fire amulet is an artifact and adds good effects of a fire gem to each attack.

I know, I read the description... :hmpf: what does that mean, though?

Enchanted Longbow - (WP: 10) Causes elemental damage to all opponents when miss is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Rangers. (Oops... I forgot it was when miss is rolled... I just did it for every damage.)

Which element?

Marking the Favoured is not an attack, just a chance for the hunter to change the type of the favoured enemy. The game would be pretty much broken if the players could suddenly deal 666 damage to an enemy... :tongue:

Honestly, Bricksandparts, I feel intimidated to even look at your quest anymore. It's not that you aren't doing a good job hosting, but all the items you have created seem very overpowered. I've talked to you about this already, so I won't interfere anymore. If the players start complaining, I will have to butt in again, though...

I am really looking forward to Questing with three of the guys I QMed in Quest#13. No hard feelings guys!! :classic:

Seriously, I know you all have very specific characters to play and you really pay attention to things during a quest so Tarn will just do his normal job of hitting things really hard until they are dead and let you get on with the actual questing.

I am really looking forward to Questing with three of the guys I QMed in Quest#13. No hard feelings guys!! :classic:

Seriously, I know you all have very specific characters to play and you really pay attention to things during a quest so Tarn will just do his normal job of hitting things really hard until they are dead and let you get on with the actual questing.

Why would I have hard feelings against the great QM who hosted my first Quest? :sweet:

I can't wait to be on another Quest. Maybe, finally, Dak can get some Reputation with someone or some group in a position of power. :laugh:

Hey, as long as I get to do some killing, some looting, and some torturing, its all good!

Marking the Favoured is not an attack, just a chance for the hunter to change the type of the favoured enemy. The game would be pretty much broken if the players could suddenly deal 666 damage to an enemy... :tongue:

Honestly, Bricksandparts, I feel intimidated to even look at your quest anymore. It's not that you aren't doing a good job hosting, but all the items you have created seem very overpowered. I've talked to you about this already, so I won't interfere anymore. If the players start complaining, I will have to butt in again, though...

I know I over-did the items... After this I probably won't ever QM again. But if I do, I'll try to stick more to the quest than giving out items. About the marking the favored, I got kinda confused and just made it three times damage. I've got to admit that Heinike was TOO powerful. He'd just beat enemies like flies. It turns out nobody bought a fire amulet, so it won't make a big difference, but the item doubles damage against Beasts, Ice monsters, and plants, but attacks Fire monsters, and Rock monsters with 1X damage, not 0 damage. Like I said, I made a mistake with the Enchanted bow. It was supposed to do elemental damage regardless of enemy type only on misses. As you can see, I made the mistake that it always did elemental damage, not just on misses. As I said, I probably won't ever QM again, but I may if I can figure things out better. Maybe I'll make a battle chart in excel and post it, probably not though. I'm pretty forgetful. (Plus I'm not great at programming in excel)

Do you really need to post telling Jeb to revive you? I see no point in it. :sceptic: Put some trust in your party leader. :wink:

Do you really need to post telling Jeb to revive you? I see no point in it. :sceptic: Put some trust in your party leader. :wink:

Sometimes, I must admit, I think Jeb would like me KO'd so I hope that he does use it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Sometimes, I must admit, I think Jeb would like me KO'd so I hope that he does use it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Calm down, I'm already I'm reviving you, though it's mostly so that you don't get all annoyed because you won't have gained an experience level if otherwise.

Calm down, I'm already I'm reviving you, though it's mostly so that you don't get all annoyed because you won't have gained an experience level if otherwise.

Oh wow. I don't see how I missed that you revived me. Oops! But thank you Pie.

Well I did put you before the use of the blinding scroll. Who knew you'd roll damage. :innocent: