Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Just put in my introduction. Hope there aren't too many pics.

Looks good Rumble Strike! I'm gald you joined. :sweet:

Just put in my introduction. Hope there aren't too many pics.

Another Barbarian :sweet: . Looks like the Barbarians are ironically some of the most decent folks around :tongue: .

Finally! I've been waiting for this!

I have a quick question though. Due to other RL commitments, I won't be able to join in with Heroica until next week. Will this pose a problem?

No, you can create your character now and introduce yourself in Heroica Hall, but wait to sign up to quests later when you have more free time. The idea is that you can play a quest when you have time to do so, but that when you do play a quest you are available for the duration.

As to the Advanced Classes, as has been mentioned they will unlock at level 15, and will be based on the class you choose now. :wink:

I have a quick question though. Due to other RL commitments, I won't be able to join in with Heroica until next week. Will this pose a problem?

Heroica RPG is open to new players for as long as it lasts (which hopefully will be a long time). Once you create a character and introduce it, you're in no matter what. And leaving the game is as easy as not posting in it anymore (although I hope nobody stops posting when they are on a quest). :wink:

I will be signing off for another round of sleep and work, but luckily I have my little helpers here ready to answer any questions you guys might still have. :wink:

I can't seem to find this in the rules, so I'll ask: How does one increase the power of one's weapon and/or acquire more powerful weapons?

I can't seem to find this in the rules, so I'll ask: How does one increase the power of one's weapon and/or acquire more powerful weapons?

Your weapon power will remain the same until you buy a new one (from the marketplace perhaps.. :wink: ) however the damage you wield with that weapon will also be related to your level, so as you increase your level you will increase your damage with that weapon.

As Sandy has said, there may well be merchants on quests who might have appropriate weapons (and other items) for sale, and it is possible that some weapons may be found or won as part of a quest itself.

You may notice I have a Dawnstar II with a WP of 4 (not 3), and that is because I bought a new weapon during a quest. It just so happened to be identical to the one I already had, but with a higher WP. :wink:

Your weapon power will remain the same until you buy a new one (from the marketplace perhaps.. :wink: ) however the damage you wield with that weapon will also be related to your level, so as you increase your level you will increase your damage with that weapon.

As Sandy has said, there may well be merchants on quests who might have appropriate weapons (and other items) for sale, and it is possible that some weapons may be found or won as part of a quest itself.

Ah. Thanks.

You may notice I have a Dawnstar II with a WP of 4 (not 3), and that is because I bought a new weapon during a quest. It just so happened to be identical to the one I already had, but with a higher WP. :wink:

What a coincidence! :laugh:

So are these purchasable weapons just called something vague, like 'Wand Upgrade' or 'WP 4 Wand'?

What a coincidence! :laugh:

So are these purchasable weapons just called something vague, like 'Wand Upgrade' or 'WP 4 Wand'?

What the weapons are actually called will depend on the Quest Master for merchants in a quest, and Sandy for the Marketplace. Whether you can then just assume that they are an upgraded version of your own weapon will have to be negotiated with any particular merchant you come across, but it did rather make things easier - not having to upload a whole new picture and choose a new weapon.

I will stress again that you actually have to buy the new weapon to be able to upgrade it, just in case anyone thinks they can randomly add numbers. :wink:

For what it's worth, I think I bought an oaken staff that miraculously looked exactly like my initial weapon, so I re-named the new weapon the Dawnstar II.

What the weapons are actually called will depend on the Quest Master for merchants in a quest, and Sandy for the Marketplace. Whether you can then just assume that they are an upgraded version of your own weapon will have to be negotiated with any particular merchant you come across, but it did rather make things easier - not having to upload a whole new picture and choose a new weapon.

I will stress again that you actually have to buy the new weapon to be able to upgrade it, just in case anyone thinks they can randomly add numbers. :wink:

For what it's worth, I think I bought an oaken staff that miraculously looked exactly like my initial weapon, so I re-named the new weapon the Dawnstar II.

Okay, I get it. This makes sense; heroes can choose whether or not to change the appearance of the weapon.

How common are trans-pink oak trees in Heroica, again? :grin:

Thanks Masked, nice to see so many names I recognise playing this :classic: I really think that the Mafia Games section is becoming my favourite part of Eurobricks.

I posted up some more pics of the church and RPG characters I made here if anyone is interested - I was aware of not flooding the sign-up thread with pics.

I do also have a question - how long will these starter quests take? I am away from August 26th, so if they take less than a week I should be OK, and it'd be great to begin my character progression.

If you think they will take longer than a week I'll wait to do a quest when I come back so as not to take a slot someone else could have. My character is only setting off for the Hall in his introduction, no telling how long it will take him to get there :laugh:

These posts are coming in fast. I'm just sitting there hitting the refresh button! I'll probably miss two pages while I'm making this post. :tongue:

These posts are coming in fast. I'm just sitting there hitting the refresh button! I'll probably miss two pages while I'm making this post. :tongue:

Agreed. People need to slow down, wait for other people whose names are in italics to finish posting, and then use the MultiQuote.

Congratulations, this was the final push for me to register on EB!

I just (literally, within the last week) moved across the country and then some, and had to leave most of my LEGO behind, for now at least. I'd just inventoried/sorted/bagged all my minifigs and accessories, too. I'd been planning on trying some tabletop wars with them, but opted to just bring my SW related figs with me on the move.

It would figure, then, that I only just now see this, and have none of my medieval/fantasy themed figures/accessories. Gah, I had even assembled a few custom figs to use as "hero" type units in a tabletop! They would have been perfect :(

That said, would I be able to perhaps use LDD to create my character? I'd hate to miss out on this sort of fun, simply because I only brought along a bunch of Lucas' spacemen, heh.

It would figure, then, that I only just now see this, and have none of my medieval/fantasy themed figures/accessories. Gah, I had even assembled a few custom figs to use as "hero" type units in a tabletop! They would have been perfect :(

That said, would I be able to perhaps use LDD to create my character? I'd hate to miss out on this sort of fun, simply because I only brought along a bunch of Lucas' spacemen, heh.

One of the other players can make a character for you. I can do it, if you like, if I have the parts you want used. :classic:

If Doc doesn't have the parts, he probably has them though, I'm also willing to help you out. :sweet:

And welcome to Eurobricks!

This is definitely a popular concept! I think there have been a little over 500 posts in both threads in just two days *huh* . That's impressive Sandy! I can't wait for a quest to get started!

One of the other players can make a character for you. I can do it, if you like, if I have the parts you want used. :classic:

/gasp, the Doctor replied to my first post, I'm honored! (Love your work!)

Sorry, drifted off-topic. If you, or anyone else, depending on parts, could do that, that would be great :D I'll go pull together a list of parts for the one fig I had in mind.

Off the top of my head, he had...

*Black samurai helmet

*Chrome-silver breastplate

*Brown, pattern-less cape

*(Yellow) Minifig Head with chin-stubble, curvy-smirk, and flat eyebrows that almost appear to be a monobrow

I'll update/expand that list shortly with actual parts/BL-catalog numbers

/gasp, the Doctor replied to my first post, I'm honored! (Love your work!)

:blush:

Sorry, drifted off-topic. If you, or anyone else, depending on parts, could do that, that would be great :D I'll go pull together a list of parts for the one fig I had in mind.

Off the top of my head, he had...

*Black samurai helmet

*Chrome-silver breastplate

*Brown, pattern-less cape

*(Yellow) Minifig Head with chin-stubble, curvy-smirk, and flat eyebrows that almost appear to be a monobrow

I'll update/expand that list shortly with actual parts/BL-catalog numbers

Hmm, don't think I have a head like that, and I know I don't have the chrome breastplate or helmet in black. Masked?

Hmm, don't think I have a head like that, and I know I don't have the chrome breastplate or helmet in black. Masked?

Helmet: 30175.jpg

Head: 3626bpx100.jpg

Still working on the rest of the list. May not use the breastplate in the end, as I rather like the torso piece I'd used, but in a practical setting, having chainmail under a full plate doesn't make much sense (and you can't see the torso design anyway, heh)

Edit: read your reply wrong, didn't need to link to samurai helm

Any chance you have http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=60748&in=M in metallic silver? I really like the expression on the 'fig head, but most of the castle helmets obscure or entirely cover it

Edited by swils

I don't think I have that helmet, but I have the rest of the stuff. I'm nut sure what head you mean though. I'll wait till you get the BL number for that. I do have a Dark Bley Samurai helmet though.

Head: 3626bpx100.jpg

Still working on the rest of the list. May not use the breastplate in the end, as I rather like the torso piece I'd used, but in a practical setting, having chainmail under a full plate doesn't make much sense (and you can't see the torso design anyway, heh)

Edit: read your reply wrong, didn't need to link to samurai helm

Any chance you have http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=60748&in=M in metallic silver? I really like the expression on the 'fig head, but most of the castle helmets obscure or entirely cover it

Sorry I don't have that head. I do however have the helmet. You did want the armor in the same color correct? Could you possibly find a different head?

As soon as I have time to settle myself down, I will also participate in this.

Sandy, can I use my WF sigfig to create a knight? Or must it be completely new minifigure design related to the character class? Perhaps, I can explore more of the new classes.

Thank you so much for taking your time to make this possible. :wub:

While I've mostly remained a lurker since joining - this is something I could really get into. Especially since I had to stop P&P gaming two years ago. Been jonesing for a gaming fix ever since.

I do have a couple of questions though:

1.) What about mounts? It seems strange to have knights and not horses/griffins/dragons to ride. Will that be something that comes later -- or can we assume that a knight at least owns a horse if he/she chooses?

2.) Am I correct in assuming that we'll be able, if we choose, to update our character image whenever we might acquire better equipment?

3.) Does Heroica follow the established LEGO universe's known locations -- such as Morcia? Seems like it could be difficult to consider a proper character background without knowing anything about the geography of the world.

And thanks for putting this together. It does look like fun.

Sorry for the delay, I had to leave the office, and haven't had much of a chance to get online since.

@Masked,

When you say you have the helmet (beneath second quote), are you referring to the Samurai (in D.Bley) or the Dwarf helmet? If it's the Samurai one, then I'm not looking to use the related armor.

I'm really fond of the expression on that particular head, and feel like it is the only head that fits the character I have in mind. I'm looking into the option of getting my own fig mailed up (and then improving it with some bricklinking, heh), but if you wouldn't mind still assembling a temporary fig that at least resembles my idea, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's an image from LDD of *about* what the fig would look like, if I were to order the parts from BL today. I've made a few changes from my original design, most notably ditching the armor.

heroicafig2.png

My internet is running really slowly (I mean *really* slowly), and loading the catalog on BL is painful, so for now, I'm only going to list parts/description. Maybe tomorrow, when I have access to high-speed again, I'll get a proper list made. /sigh.

Helmet: Ideally, metallic silver Dwarf Warrior helmet. Alternatively, Dragon-knight helmet with clip on front (black), or Samurai warrior helmet with clip on front (whichever color available)

Head: Ideally, the smirking face from sports figs (notably, a basketball player). Alternatively, any fig with a smirking/smug face, in yellow (unless you have a skin-tone torso to match the head, as opposed to the yellow)

Neck: None

Torso: Yellow or Skin-tone, shirtless, muscle-pattern, the yellow at least comes from the Series 2 Surfer

Legs: Undecided. Either a martial pattern (pants/tied martial belt) if you use the Samurai helm, or whichever legs with armor patterns you feel look best, if you use the dwarf helmet. Color of legs up to you, though white is preferred for the martial pattern

Weapon:

2x Dark Gray (alt. Dark Blay) 1x1 Bricks w/ 5 studs

1x Brown

4x Dark Gray (alt. Dark Blay?) Ice Picks

4x White 1x1 Round Plate

When assembled, the lower 1x1 w/5 studs should have its top stud resting against the stopper on the bar, and the upper brick should be connected to the top of the lower brick, covering the stopper in the process. Though not shown exactly in the picture, the two bricks will fit snugly together, and the short ends of the Ice Picks will be slightly pushing against each other, but will not be noticeably bent.

Hope this is enough to go on. I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks a *ton*, guys <3