Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Pre-Rendered Backgrounds

Is it ok if I used one of your backrounds for my sig? If not I can take mine down.

They're not finds. I made them and then put them here.

Added 10th January 2007

Note that these images are thumbnails so click on them to view a larger version.

carribean_clipper_background2.jpg_thumb.jpg

carribean_clipper_background10.jpg_thumb.jpg carribean_clipper_background3.jpg_thumb.jpg carribean_clipper_background4.jpg_thumb.jpg carribean_clipper_background5.jpg_thumb.jpg

carribean_clipper_background6.jpg_thumb.jpg carribean_clipper_background7.jpg_thumb.jpg

carribean_clipper_background8.jpg_thumb.jpg carribean_clipper_background9.jpg_thumb.jpg

See what you can do with those!

Are these new ones? Well, I haven't seen them before so, they look great!

Great work Mr. Phes!

I stopped by this thread looking for SPACE-background pics. :-||

Does anybody know a site where to get these?

The link is DEAD! :pir_bawling:

This thread was created before Classic-Pirates.com was rediesigned and based off a Content Management System, thus the webpage the first post is referencing no longer exists. You can find all the images in Mister Phes's Brickshelf gallery here. :pir-wink:

Since there is nothing more to discuss, I'll close this thread.

WRONG!!! People are free to tell me how useful my backgrounds are :pir-grin:

But something is going to have to be done about that dead link.

Your backgrounds are great and I already downloaded some of them to use in some reviews that I will be making soon. I was going to ask how I can put them into my pictures. Are there any tutorials that will show me how to do this? Do I need any special software that I can't afford? :pir-sceptic:

Your backgrounds are great and I already downloaded some of them to use in some reviews that I will be making soon. I was going to ask how I can put them into my pictures. Are there any tutorials that will show me how to do this? Do I need any special software that I can't afford? :pir-sceptic:

A number of programs including Photoshop can do that, but if you are after free stuff, I'd look at Gimp, which is almost as good as Photoshop, and it's also free!

Thanks, I'll try Gimp. I don't want to spend $200 when I can get something free. :pir-sweet:

It's a pirate forum man! Get a Pirated copy! Arrr! :pir_laugh2:

I'd advise against it, But I do happen to have a few around my computer. :pir-grin: But my uncle loaded my comp with the Adobe Master Collection CS3 :pir-wub:

A number of programs including Photoshop can do that, but if you are after free stuff, I'd look at Gimp, which is almost as good as Photoshop, and it's also free!

I would mention Paint.net as well. Free (Creative Commons License) and the layout is probably easier to use (see here) for somebody looking for something closer to Photoshop's feel. It handles layers just fine, which is needed for using these backgrounds. Very nearly a replacement for Microsoft Paint - it was originally a college project sponsored by Microsoft and it grew into something a lot bigger.

Edited by tonelok

Why thank you! There was dozens more of them but it seems during our upgrade to Wordpress they were omitted.

I'll have to reinstate them when time permits.

It's a pirate forum man! Get a Pirated copy! Arrr! :pir_laugh2:

We certainly don't condone software piracy around here :pir-classic:

I think I've used a few of them in some of my reviews, so thanks :)

But yes, the links were dead the last couple of times when I've been meaning to use them in my recent reviews

I would mention Paint.net as well. Free (Creative Commons License) and the layout is probably easier to use (see here) for somebody looking for something closer to Photoshop's feel. It handles layers just fine, which is needed for using these backgrounds.

I also started using Paint.NET instead of The Gimp because I found it much easier to use. But I definitely don't use it intensively, so I wouldn't be the one to ask about the pros and cons of the various programs. Most of the time I now use it to do some really simple image editing for the classic-town.net blog (bit of shameless promotion here :pir_laugh2: ).

But yes, the links were dead the last couple of times when I've been meaning to use them in my recent reviews

I'll have to put them on my "To Do" list.

Right now I'm working on a rather large upgrade for Classic-Pirates.com so getting that done in the main priority.

For those wanting image editing tutorials, there are some good ones in the Reviewer's Academy, and I did a read-only one here.

Wow SlyOwl - those sails on your SES look completely new. Did you buy a MISB at some point and open it?

For those wanting image editing tutorials, there are some good ones in the Reviewer's Academy, and I did a read-only one here.

I remember seeing that. A very good tutorial indeed.