Rufus

2012 LEGO CREATOR Rumours and Discussion

So are you saying that the walls are light blue and the roof is red? Ugh. I am so sick of red roofs I could barf! Guess I'll have to find another color for that roof...maybe gray or dark blue ala the Apple Tree House. Cheers, Legogal

Same here. Seems like all roofs are red, whereas some colouring would be lovely. Apple tree house was special because of the dark blue roof, and the Beach house had it in black. There are so many nice roof colours as dark red, redish brown, dark tan etc. that don't get used in Creator sets.

Looks better in the photo than in the box art.

I would have loved the colour shown on the box art. Sand blue (or whatever it's called) doesn't work with all those other bright colors.

It looks like the red roof was a necessary concession for the budget. The fish, crab, flag, surfboard, bamboo leaves, transparent mug, and life preserver make this a very accessory heavy Creator set.

The frame for the double doors on the balcony caught my interest. I haven't encountered something like that before. Is it rare?

Looks like the beach house will be light blue in color. Looks better in the photo than in the box art.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/BigRedGoat/Lego%20stuff/trash.jpg

Oooh, nice! And I like the look of that truck behind :wub_drool:

I would have loved the colour shown on the box art. Sand blue (or whatever it's called) doesn't work with all those other bright colors.

I think it's medium blue. I see what you mean, but I like it - and it's nice to get other than the usual primary colours in CREATOR sets :sweet:

The frame for the double doors on the balcony caught my interest. I haven't encountered something like that before. Is it rare?

I think it's just two standard frames side-by-side (but I could be wrong).

I think it's just two standard frames side-by-side (but I could be wrong).

Upon closer inspection, you are right. It took me a while staring at the picture but you can see the white frame between the doors. It's disappointing since double doors aren't built that way.

Edited by Arigomi

What about that truck in the background? Is there a better picture?

From the (blurry) box art it seems to be a creator set, but I can't remember reading about it before

This pic from FBTB's Flickr has no confidential watermark, so I'm posting it here:

6867680399_9a75632755_z.jpg

7347 Highway Pickup

805 Pieces

US $79.99

I've updated the first post with latest information.

Steering! :wub:

More vehicles. "yay".

The blue house is cute, but I think the Friends sets have more juice in regards to well detailed and beautiful houses. And since the Creator one comes with a single minifigure that's just a single one minifigure ahead of Friends.

Edited by vexorian

Also from FBTB's Toy Fair pics:

6867658215_835be997f6_z.jpg

7346 Seaside House

415 Pieces

US $49.99

6867653029_2b43eb438a_z.jpg

7345 Transport Chopper

383 Pieces

US $34.99

There seems to be a bit of a price disparity between these two similarly-sized sets...

The house has inside details, whilst I bet the chopper is hollow.

You can just see in the picture that there's a little car that comes with the chopper, so I imagine it goes inside.

What is that piece of red machinery in front of the house?? At first I thought it was a lawn mower, but ON THE BEACH?

Barbecue, its a fish on the grill

There seems to be a bit of a price disparity between these two similarly-sized sets...

I hope it's a pricing error, because $50 is ridiculous for what it is, the seaside house I mean.

I hope it's a pricing error, because $50 is ridiculous for what it is, the seaside house I mean.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that 5891 Apple Tree House was cheaper than $50, and had over 100 pieces more than the seaside house.

Nice truck. Some of these creator sets are pretty good.

Just thinking when are they going to make some Creator castle :classic:

I can't help but wonder if maybe 4996 Beach House sold so well that it prompted other nautical-related house sets in Creator, because we got the 5770 Lighthouse Island last summer and now this new Seaside House set. And now that I see a clearer photo, the house really is light blue and not regular blue! I can really use more of that color in my collection.

Wait a minute. That's 12 cents a piece for the house. That's too much, come on now TLG. The light blue is nice, but Creator should be below 10 cents a piece. I swear these licensed themes are just bringing up prices for everything now, just so they don't seem so price by comparison or something.

The truck/truck/car set looks really nice. I bet that one will sell like hotcakes, especially around Christmas time for kids. I'm not too into vehicle sets though.

Edited by Zeya

Overall, I like the Seaside house. I'm glad they included more 33 slopes in red and lots of medium blue bricks. Only the price is confusing, specifically the price/piece ratio. In addition to the house, I like how the palm tree is designed, it looks great.

Loving the seaside house - must buy multiple copies of that, those light blue bricks and green / blue plates will sure come in handy (no baseplate, not bad)! The transport chopper also looks quite nice. Definitely not interested in the truck though - if they'd tried making it in other colours (enough red / yellow transportation Creator sets already!), then perhaps I might even have considered it a good set, but as things stand, 6753 was much more amazing (and, of course, more expensive).

The truck looks great and I love the pieces that are coming with this set. This looks solid on several different fronts!