Rufus

2012 LEGO CREATOR Rumours and Discussion

Well, the best ones in my opinion 7291, 6911 and 6912. I wouldn't mind making a chopper - man, I would scale a design down to minifig scale I love a challenge ! :laugh:

Little 6911 makes into cool fire truck, but 6910 green sports car looks lame. :wink:

Thanks for the links 'legolijntje' ! :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

The summer house is a second-half set so we likely wont see pictures of it for quite a while. I bet the big toy fairs are where we will catch the first glimpse of it.

6912 appears to be a variant on the Street Speeder (6743), but having the same dimensions will also be compatible with Highway Transport (6753) so it will be nice to have a blue car for that. It's likely to require some slight modding to accommodate a fourth car though.

I hope there will be for 2H some good looking, like model team, car or truck.5767 didnt impress me a lot.I m expecting something great as roaring roadster or 4955.

Any rumors on a new large Creator set for 2012 in line with the Grand Carousel (10196), Eiffel Tower (10181), Taj Mahal (10189) and Tower Bridge (10214)?

Any rumors on a new large Creator set for 2012 in line with the Grand Carousel (10196), Eiffel Tower (10181), Taj Mahal (10189) and Tower Bridge (10214)?

Wellm those sets weren't Creator sets, even though they are similar in content and some of the designers for those sets certainly worked on that theme. Those were Direct-to-Consumer sets that don't officially have any "theme" branding.

Direct-to-consumer sets are often officially announced at times that coincide with AFOL conventions. So far, the 2012 ones that have been announced are 10223 Kingdoms Joust and 10230 Mini Modulars. Others not yet announced are listed at Bricker.ru with numbers in the form 10###. Only one of them seems like it might be similar to the "Creator"-style sets you are describing.

I personally love the idea of a seaside home. It will complete my City's harbor/beach. Also, the rocks on the beach stream look gorgeous! :wub:

Edited by just2good

The helicopter is great with the orange and the truck looks like a solid model, but the beach house doesn't do it for me. IMO the Creator houses have really taken a nosedive in terms of quality.

Hmm, a bit unsure about the house. I don't like the lower left model, can't see the lower right good enough and don't have a beach in my city. :hmpf: I suppose I will now. :tongue: Finally, we have a proper beach house.

Hmm... at first I didn't like the slightly garish combination of colours (red roof, blue walls, yellow doors, white trim) but then I realised it's in keeping with how all Lego houses looked over two decades ago, so it's a nice homage. Except the sand is now tan rather than yellow, which I prefer anyway.

It's nice to see they're keeping the minifigs in these sets, and the brick-built birds. Also a beach house fits in well with the lighthouse, and I can imagine the cabin being on a stream that flows out to the beach. Not sure where the hillside house fits in, I guess that's further inland somewhere.

Very happy, I will let TLC live for another year.

If there's already a topic on this, my apologies. Please remove/merge this topic if so.

Preliminary pictures of these sets have been released on YouTube, but in respect of TLG's privacy, I will not post a link to the video.

The list of Creator sets in the second half of 2012 has been released.

7345 {Helicopter}

7346 {Seaside Home}

7347 {Truck Transporter}

Discuss!

I personally love the idea of a seaside home. It will complete my City's harbor/beach.

Thanks for the info. Merged into CREATOR 2012 discussion.

I guess they could rename Creator to "vehicles and houses" now.

I don't like the house, blue is such an odd color for a house. The Friends big house thing is more exciting than this.

Creator still includes sets with brick built creatures. It is something you won't find in any other theme. For 2012, 6914 Prehistoric Hunters already fills the yearly quota for creatures.

It looks7346 Seaside Home uses the new 1x4x2 curved slope brick (heavily used in the Friends theme) to create ocean waves. The brick built palm tree looks interesting.

I don't like the house, blue is such an odd color for a house. The Friends big house thing is more exciting than this.

Ha seriously - vehicles and houses. At least I'm down with the houses part.

Blue is a strange color, I agree. The thing that gets me though, is that I'm sick of red roofing. Bright red is an unrealistic color for a roof. You'll see ceramic roofing that is more of a salmon color in real life - TLG could have made the roof in a sand or dark red color instead.

But I like the house. The main model on the box looks really fun to build. (Can't make out the alternate builds.) It looks just big enough, and reminds me of the Creator Beach House. I think those two would look good side-by side; a little beach community! You've got a sand castle and a wave, and a palm tree made with green slopes. I think they saw that the Lighthouse Island was a success and went well in the warm summer weather (sorry Australia!).

I still think the minifigure is unnecessary, and would gladly give it up for other pieces. Oh well.

What I like about Creator is you get 3 models in one. Sometimes I'm too busy to get engaged in designing a nice MOC, and it's good to have alternate builds. You can build a little and walk away for a day or two and come back here and there. Busy AFOL lifestyle. :sceptic:

Does anyone know if there will be a second "house" Creator set? Last year we had the Log Cabin and the Lighthouse Island. And I think the year prior there were 2 as well, right? I wonder if they will continue that trend.

Does anyone know if there will be a second "house" Creator set? Last year we had the Log Cabin and the Lighthouse Island. And I think the year prior there were 2 as well, right? I wonder if they will continue that trend.

Last year we had the Log Cabin, the Lighthouse Island and the Hillside House. Maybe they did too many and are compensating by only having one this year.

I'm also a bit tired of red roofing, but it does seem to be a Lego staple for as long as I can remember. Maybe they have an entire section of their factory devoted to red roofing.

Last year we had the Log Cabin, the Lighthouse Island and the Hillside House. Maybe they did too many and are compensating by only having one this year.

I'm also a bit tired of red roofing, but it does seem to be a Lego staple for as long as I can remember. Maybe they have an entire section of their factory devoted to red roofing.

Oh right, I forgot the Hillside House. I actually have that one still in the box to put together.

Maybe roofs are all red in Denmark?

3 promo sets for 2012 Creator are revealed.

30180 Twin Prop

30180.jpg

30181 Helicopter

30181.jpg

30182 Santa

30182.jpg

30180 seems the mini version of 7292

Edited by whung

3 promo sets for 2012 Creator are revealed.

Thanks for the info, whung! :sweet:

First Post updated with the newly-released sets and this information.

I really only like the seaside house from the creator line this year. But once again as others have stated, it has a red roof. I'm really hoping we get a different color on the next home. Also I'm not sure if anybody has asked this yet, but does anyone know what color blue the house will be. Thanks. :classic:

From the Premilary Image, It has sand, crab, a wave and a cool LEGO house, but the colours just don't work well together. Light blue with red and yellow. I hope they change them before it gets released.

Well I might be able to incorperate it into my town.