There are to main facets to LEGO, the building and the legalese. Seriously though, the play value is very important. With Ninjago, it is so great that I haven't even made any MOCs yet with it.

I completely forgot that adults aren't the only people that buy LEGO. :tongue:

I'm sure kids will tolerate that because of how "cool" Pythor looks.

Edited by TheRedGuy

So this is happening this month. Seems interesting. It's definitely something that TLG never attempted with BIONICLE or, for that matter, any in-house IP.

The best part is that LEGOLAND Deutschland's site makes it sound like the locations will correspond to locations we've actually seen in Ninjago media, like the Monastery of Spinjitzu and Forest of Tranquility. I'm sure these will be a significant building challenge for the Master Builders, but I'm also certain they won't disappoint!

I wonder if it will use traditional Miniland "little people" figures... it will be interesting to see how they build the Serpentine snakemen at a larger scale!

Edited by Aanchir

So this is happening this month. Seems interesting. It's definitely something that TLG never attempted with BIONICLE or, for that matter, any in-house IP.

The best part is that LEGOLAND Deutschland's site makes it sound like the locations will correspond to locations we've actually seen in Ninjago media, like the Monastery of Spinjitzu and Forest of Tranquility. I'm sure these will be a significant building challenge for the Master Builders, but I'm also certain they won't disappoint!

I wonder if it will use traditional Miniland "little people" figures... it will be interesting to see how they build the Serpentine snakemen at a larger scale!

Wow! I went to LEGOLand California about a year ago, and I really think that the Minilands were the hightlight! :sweet: Can't wait to see pictures (there's no way I can go to Germany! :tongue: ).

Judging from the pics, I don't think it'll have the Serpentine.

The description on LEGOLAND Billund's site mentions "the snake armies" or something to that effect in the section for the Forsaken Desert (Sea of Sand?). So I think the Serpentine will be included there, even if most of the things seem like they'll be 2011 locations.

I hope it doesn't use "little people". :sceptic: I really appreciate how Ninjago, unlike Exo-Force, uses minifigs for any depictions of its characters across all media.

Try looking around in the topic, most of these videos we've already had days earlier.

I'm not a NinjaGo person, but I like Pythor. :thumbup: Probably not good for customizing or anything, but in collector value and displaying him he's very much worth getting.

Damn, how I want that set. Living in the Netherlands is horrible for your LEGO-buying needs.

900 Pieces for 120 bucks? Hell, it isn't even a licensed theme! :angry::thumbdown:

The set contains many large pieces. These cost more to produce than a 1x1 tile does. This is what elevates the price.

Hey huys! Last night I found Spitta, Zane zx, Mezmo, NRG Cole and Fangdam at Miejer. I purchesed

the first three! :sweet: If you guys want I could put a review togather. :classic:

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

The Epic Dragon Battle is...... epic. The Green Ninja is slightly worse, than i imagined he would be, but Four Headed Dragon is great! The Devourer is not as cool. I think it would have been better (IMO) if it was done from Hero Factory parts.

Judjing the minifigs:

Sensei Wu, Jay ZX, Kai ZX are nothing intersting, but...

Garmadon

It seems like Garmadon got Samukai powers, and that is sort of weird :sceptic: But now he can hold all four golden weapons and that increases his playability a lot! All in all it's a weird minifig, but i like its weirdness a lot!

Lloyd ZX

Until i haven't watched the episode, i've never thought that Lloyd is going to be the Green Ninja. But i don't really mind. First of all, why does the minifig have long legs, while Lloyd had short legs? Or is he grown up or something? The pattern is very unoriginal, i remember we made those patterns at school :sweet: Also, Lloyd isn't piloting the Four Headed Dragon in the epiosde, is he?

The snake generals (Venomari and Constrictai)

Those minifigs are my favorite :blush: Constrictai has a great color scheme and Venomari has the coolest head mold ever! I can say nothing more about those minifigs.

The other minifigs are also cool, but not that intersting, so that's my opinion!

We would love to see reviews, so go ahead! And Darksurge, all of your questions are answered in the episode. The reason Lloyd has long legs is to give him posability and let him ride the dragon.

Just to add on, Doctor BrikDady done a review of Epic Dragon Battle here

Whoops I am not sure what happened. I can't access the video. Let me try it again:

Because I think that I have posted too much negative comments in this Ninjago forum, I declined to comment regarding Epic Dragon Battle. I once wanted to buy this set, you know, thinking that the Great Devourer is like the cobra from PQ, able to be very pose-able and a lot of other things. Just one word: Lego Ninjago 2012 summer sets have disappointed me very much...:sad::sad: :sad:

We would love to see reviews, so go ahead! And Darksurge, all of your questions are answered in the episode. The reason Lloyd has long legs is to give him posability and let him ride the dragon.

Thank you for your answer! :wink:But i think Lloyd could have been standing on the dragon, not sitting :wink:

Anyway, this is my favorite set of Ninjago after all, although it has many disadvantages.

Just to add on, Doctor BrikDady done a review of Epic Dragon Battle here

Whoops I am not sure what happened. I can't access the video. Let me try it again:

Because I think that I have posted too much negative comments in this Ninjago forum, I declined to comment regarding Epic Dragon Battle. I once wanted to buy this set, you know, thinking that the Great Devourer is like the cobra from PQ, able to be very pose-able and a lot of other things. Just one word: Lego Ninjago 2012 summer sets have disappointed me very much...:sad::sad: :sad:

Every review I've read of the PQ Cobra set pointed out how hard it was to pose the cobra "rearing up" without propping it up against the included obelisk. The reason the Great Devourer is less poseable is probably so that it can better maintain this intimidating pose.

Every review I've read of the PQ Cobra set pointed out how hard it was to pose the cobra "rearing up" without propping it up against the included obelisk. The reason the Great Devourer is less poseable is probably so that it can better maintain this intimidating pose.

I never really had that problem with my PQ Cobra. And, sadly, the Devourer never really reared up in the show as far as I can remember.

Kalhiki

I never really had that problem with my PQ Cobra. And, sadly, the Devourer never really reared up in the show as far as I can remember.

Kalhiki

The only scene where the Great Devourer rears up is when he bursts out of the train station. After all, the Great devourer does not slither like rearing up. A great disappointment :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think the reason the Great Devourer is posed so he's rearing up like should be obvious: he's packaged with the Ultra Dragon, which is a flying adversary. Thus having him reared up like that makes the "battle" feel more evenly-matched than if he had to slither along the floor and/or nearby furniture.

On a side note, there is another time when he was reared up: back when he was just a little snake and bit young Garmadon. One reason I like how he's reared up is that he looks roughly like a massive version of the "vipers" that come in various Ninjago sets this year. The shape of his face also helps with this.

I'm not all that impressed with the Great Devourer myself, but it's less because of how he's reared up and more because the way his body is constructed he doesn't feel all that solid (especially around his "joints"-- if he's not going to be posable in those areas then there's no reason those parts of the body should look so hollow).

As it is, the model's kind of cool, but nowhere near as cohesive or breathtaking as the five dragon models we've had between last year and this year. Once the set is out (or perhaps sooner?) I hope somebody creates a suitable revamp of the model that looks a bit more lifelike. I might even attempt one of my own. After all, I still intend to get Epic Dragon Battle even if the Great Devourer isn't as amazing as he perhaps could have been. The dragon is more than awesome enough to make up for that, and the little prison tower isn't too shabby either.

Edited by Aanchir