Got Destiny's Bounty today. May do a review if no one else was planning to. I think it's a great set... plus we get pearl gold Sensei Wu hats. :cry_happy:

Got Destiny's Bounty today. May do a review if no one else was planning to. I think it's a great set... plus we get pearl gold Sensei Wu hats. :cry_happy:

Please do!!

YES. Do it. REALLY looking forward to your review!

No, that's just to keep the printing safe.

OK. You are right. :blush: I was building the Winter Village Post Office, when I noticed some dark green pieces that looked Chinese. I checked the box, and saw that some pieces were made in China, though none of them were in seperate bags. My previous post can be disregarded. :blush:

My son recieved the new Snake Sword for christmas. I'll try and upload a picture of it soon.

My son recieved the new Snake Sword for christmas. I'll try and upload a picture of it soon.

Snake Sword? Sounds interesting.. :wink:

-Sci

Received Kai's Blade Cycle and Jay's Storm Fighter as Christmas gifts, and I'm very happy. Both of them have brilliant action features, although at first they can be a bit glitchy. Kai's Blade Cycle always seems to need certain parts adjusted, since the pressure of the parts against each other can weaken connections or cause certain parts to collide after a lot of use. Jay's Storm Fighter is better, but with both sets it helps to wiggle the hinge points as much as possible before use-- on Jay's Storm Fighter in particular, one of my wings tended to have more friction than the other, but now I've got it so both wings open completely at about the same speed.

Another thing about Jay's Storm Fighter-- if the nose is angled up, the wings tend to open all the way. If the nose is angled down, they don't without some assistance from the Hand of God, since they have to open against the force of gravity.

Also, I love the shop.LEGO.com images of the new sets, but I'm disappointed that there are no pics of the Destiny's Bounty fully transformed, with the tail spikes and engines angled down. The 360-degree spin of Destiny's Bounty is great, though. It really shows the set to be cohesive from all sides, and it remains near the top of my wish list.

My little cousin has that giant sailboat thing (Destiny's Treasure I think).

I helped him build it because it's his first big LEGO set.

The snakes are very nifty, but are only good at being what they are designed to be.

Kendo Ninjas are cool. The Kendo armor can be used in oriental scenes.

Sensei Wu is the same one that comes in the Spinjitzu Dodjo. Garmadon has four arms now and is really, really ugly in real life. Worst fig that comes in the set imo.

The red dragon head the ship uses as a figurehead is nice. It's not a piece of one purpose because it lacks any printing.

The transformation mechanism is okay. I don't see exactly what it is supposed to become.

The snake staff holder is cool, it comes with a ton of the brick brick.

It's bigger than it looks, enough room for all the figs.

The red things on the back of the ship fall off easily, much to my little cousins frustration when he put it into flight mode.

(On an unrelated note: His brother got the Black Pearl so they could have a ship battles)

Sensei Wu is different, not the same. He has a grey collar that extends down his robe and the robe is decorated with small black dragons. A larger black dragon is on his back.

Found this on the Kendo Jay page on legoshop.com

6586561689_edcd3edcbc_o.png

That looks so cool! I'm really liking these snake people. :thumbup:

And if the next season on Ninjago is going to have Pirates, I am going to be all over that! :wub:

I already created my own Ninja vs Pirates scene for my local LUG's display back in November using PotC and Ninjago sets. I'd love to see LEGO official Ninja vs Pirate sets.

My son just got Samurai X and the Rattlecopter from our local Argos store. Some really nic eparts in Samurai X, including the helmet and mask. The head appears to be Nya's, and the spinner and her clothes have her symbol on.

He must be holding one of the Fangblades talked about in the TV show! *oh2*

It doesn't really look interesting, but I think you're right!

-Sci

My son got the lightning dragon for Christmas. Now that's a dragon!

And I disagree with something someone (aanchir?) said pages ago. That there was no room for a fifth dragon in the same style as the first four. I think, seeing all 4 in real life next to eachother, that there is room for a proper green dragon in a fifth unique style. Not the 4four headed lump of bricks of next year.

And I still think destiny's bounty is the only good set of the 'snake' era.

My order from S@H of the wrecking ball and free Kendo Jay just came in.

The wrecking ball is the best NinjaGo set right behind undead Nazi biker on motorcycle for the concept alone. The treads are much better than on other tank-like sets. They go very smoothly. The crane itself is a bit lacking. I would have preferred there to be a function where you can adjust the cranes inclination. But that should be easy to mod.

What I was surprised about was Kendo Jay. The torso has the chinese markings and the grey armore piece is milky like from the collectable Samurai, but the Kendo mask and some other pieces look just like from Denmark. I thought the whole bag is coming from Europe, because the Spinners and other bag sets were comfirmed to do so. Maybe it´s because he is a promotional bag and not for regular retail.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I still cannot believe people have issues with Lego parts from different parts of the world.

Chinese LEGO Ninjago headgear fits better then other countries lego headgear. :)

What I was surprised about was Kendo Jay. The torso has the chinese markings and the grey armore piece is milky like from the collectable Samurai, but the Kendo mask and some other pieces look just like from Denmark. I thought the whole bag is coming from Europe, because the Spinners and other bag sets were comfirmed to do so. Maybe it´s because he is a promotional bag and not for regular retail.

Wait, so Kendo Jay has a different torso *huh* , or did I just read your post wrong :blush:

I still cannot believe people have issues with Lego parts from different parts of the world.

Chinese LEGO Ninjago headgear fits better then other countries lego headgear. :)

Actually, now that you mention it, that seems to be the case, but I'm still mad that my (Female) Snowboarder's goggles are loose :sadnew: They've probably improved since then though.

My problem is that the plastic of the grey body armor is milky and nearly transparent. I got the same body armor piece with the snake wrecking ball and it looked much better (completely grey).

But you are right with the headgear. The Kendo helmet is as good from the bag set as from the wrecking ball set.

Wait, so Kendo Jay has a different torso *huh* , or did I just read your post wrong :blush:

Oh no, I meant with chinese markings the boxes under the arms. The torso and leg print is this one from last year:

lego-ninjago-minifigures-jay.jpg

Looky Looky overpriced sets.

I was looking at their site yesterday to see what other new sets they had listed. But as for the prices, aren't they in Austria? I think they have an inflated dollar, but I'm not sure.