*cough* :hmpf::wink:

9455 has purple lightsaber blades I must get. :laugh::tongue:

Can anyone tell which snake staff comes with 9456? Obviously I prefer getting them with the ZX ninja, but...that arena looks TOTALLY awesome.

Looks to me like Constrictai or Hypnobrai.

according to this site Link

Lloyd feels bad about his actions in the 5th episode, which gives evidence to the theory that he could become good/ the green ninja.

Do I see a newly designed Scythe of Quakes in the snake mech? With the dragon head? It certainly looks like it! :cry_happy:

Do I see a newly designed Scythe of Quakes in the snake mech? With the dragon head? It certainly looks like it! :cry_happy:

It's not really with the dragon head per se, but it is more ornate. It's made using a 6M bar (the same type as Sensei Wu's staff), a 1x1 plate with clip, and one of the new blade pieces that are used as the teeth of the Rattlecopter or as spinner additions in the Jay ZX booster pack, only this time in Warm Gold.

That snake mech is interesting, but I'd be much more excited to see images of the snake wrecking ball. Guess those won't be out till later next year.

Unexpected circumstances. My mom got pneumonia. :sad:

Sorry to hear. :sad: I can try and put a list together, if you don't mind.

Edited by Superficial Username

Unexpected circumstances. My mom got pneumonia. :sad:

Sorry to hear that, bud. If I lived by Mom I would help you take care of her, but I don't. :sad:

Sorry to hear. :sad: I can try and put a list together, if you don't mind.

I don't mind.

Sorry to hear that, bud. If I lived by Mom I would help you take care of her, but I don't. :sad:

Hey, bro. Didn't know you were on here. Welcome to the community! :sweet:

(For those of you who don't know why we know each other, he's my older brother.)

HR image of 9455 MDP 1

Pictures link to 2000+ pxl. version.

a_9455_box_front_800.jpg

c_9455_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

That Kendo Jay Booster Pack looks really sweet. :sweet: I really wouldn't mind having it. Is that Barraki eye in the staff in a new colour? It doesn't look like Trans-Medium Blue, nor Trans-Dark Blue. The closest colour it looks to me is probably Trans-Light Blue.

Also, while I'm at it I want to ask you guys something. I saw this in a a book shop (a library which also sells DVDs, school stuff, children toys, plushies, LEGO sets...yeah, hardly a book shop anymore) in Padova. I can show a picture if you want (which sucks a bit, since my other much better phone wasn't available at that time), and since I cross that road every Monday I can shoot a better picture as well.

Is that possible to sell that separately? I mean, is it even legal?

I don't mind.

This is what I came up with, it might change once the Fangpyre Truck comes out, depending on the price (and staff, I can't tell which one) included:

Green staff and Zane- Venomari Shrine - $7

Blue staff and Kai - Blade Cycle - $15

Red staff w/fangs and Jay-Storm Fighter - $25

Red staff w/3 circles and Kai - Rattlecopter - $30

Cole - Starter Pack - $20

--------------------------------------------

$97 for all four staffs and ZX ninjas. Expensive hobby. :wink: If I made a mistake, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

This is what I came up with, it might change once the Fangpyre Truck comes out, depending on the price (and staff, I can't tell which one) included:

Green staff and Zane- Venomari Shrine - $7

Blue staff and Kai - Blade Cycle - $15

Red staff w/fangs and Jay-Storm Fighter - $25

Red staff w/3 circles and Kai - Rattlecopter - $30

Cole - Starter Pack - $20

--------------------------------------------

$97 for all four staffs and ZX ninjas. Expensive hobby. :wink: If I made a mistake, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

He wants all four ninjas with shoulderpads, and Jay in the Storm Fighter doesn't have any. :wink:

He wants all four ninjas with shoulderpads, and Jay in the Storm Fighter doesn't have any. :wink:

I'll be at brickset for a moment :blush:

Edit: Just add 9553 Lightning Ninja Jay to the list. The price isn't listed, but it's bound to be cheaper than the Fangpyre truck.

Edited by Superficial Username

Just noticed the sticker on the arm of that snake robot! Definitely built by Stafford (as if the snake's head design didn't give it away). I think I'm gonna get that set, looks like it has some really great pieces. I don't really like how the blade of the scythe isn't centered though. Oh well.

HR image of 9455 MDP 1

Pictures link to 2000+ pxl. version.

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

So, the snakeman has a banana as his weapon? I don't get it. :wacko:

That Kendo Jay Booster Pack looks really sweet. :sweet: I really wouldn't mind having it. Is that Barraki eye in the staff in a new colour? It doesn't look like Trans-Medium Blue, nor Trans-Dark Blue. The closest colour it looks to me is probably Trans-Light Blue.

Also, while I'm at it I want to ask you guys something. I saw this in a a book shop (a library which also sells DVDs, school stuff, children toys, plushies, LEGO sets...yeah, hardly a book shop anymore) in Padova. I can show a picture if you want (which sucks a bit, since my other much better phone wasn't available at that time), and since I cross that road every Monday I can shoot a better picture as well.

What do you mean "Sell it separately"? The Ninjago Brickmaster book is an actual LEGO licensed product. Unless I misunderstand your post.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Barraki eye in that picture is regualr Transparent Blue (Bricklink's Trans-Dark Blue). It may look different if it was on a white background and then shopped onto the background of the calendar, but note that it is about the same color as the cheese wedges on another weapon in the pic, which also don't seem to match their background.

The snake mech is gorgeously-designed. Nice to know that this, too, had Mark Stafford's input. Can't wait until the sets are all out and he can tell us more.

Neither does the Rattlecopter, but that's the only set with the Constrictai staff.

I'll be at brickset for a moment :blush:

Edit: Just add 9553 Lightning Ninja Jay to the list. The price isn't listed, but it's bound to be cheaper than the Fangpyre truck.

so, $120 (including all 3 spinners, not counting the Venomari Shrine since I already have it)? Let's see, that'd be 12 weeks for me, assuming I don't miss a week. Not bad, but I may just hold off on the staves until summer, see if there's anything decent by that point. I'll probably grab $50 worth in January for the special deal, hmm, how can I get the most for my money, I wonder...?

Calculating... (I'll edit my post when I'm done...)

EDIT: Let's see, if I get Kai's Blade Cycle (Kai ZX + Hypnobrai Staff) and the Rattlecopter (Constrictai Staff + Lloyd as a bonus), that'll add up to $45...if the spinner Starter Set (with Cole ZX) is out, it'll probably be enough to push it over $50 and get me the Kendo Jay pack. Then, later in the year, I'll get the Fangpyre Truck for Jay ZX and the Fangpyre staff, and the Snake Mech just for fun. Perfect!

Or, I could get the first two and then a few Collectible minis...hmm, tough choices! :laugh:

Edited by Flipz

Neither does the Rattlecopter, but that's the only set with the Constrictai staff.

Thankfully (for me :tongue: ) he does have it in the Blade-cycle though, which was listed. :classic:

I'm confused. Are you saying you saw the book without the set, the set without the book, what? In the case of the book on its own, anyhow, it's definitely legal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a used copy.

I don't see the appeal of the snake-mech...I love the clever scythe though :classic:

For me, it's the mech's cleverly-designed hip joint area and its well-sculpted snake head (which actually fills in the top cavity, something other snake-headed vehicles do not do).

I don't see the appeal of the snake-mech...I love the clever scythe though :classic:

I'm the opposite here. I like the way the mech looks though think the lack of knees in the legs is a bit rubbish...I imagine this would shuffle somewhat; though on the whole the set looks very promising and could work out to be quite economical compared to other sets in the theme if you're buying only for parts and also seems to be the best of the sets so far for action figure related parts.

On the other had, the scythe looks very fragile to me, very liable to having the blade fall off...the way the blade is going to be offset is also a bit irritating. It frustrates me how Kai gets a unique golden weapon moulded for him, while the other ninjas just have these brick built golden weapons that seem a little hit or miss.

Edited by Rocketbilly

I'm the opposite here. I like the way the mech looks though think the lack of knees in the legs is a bit rubbish...I imagine this would shuffle somewhat; though on the whole the set looks very promising and could work out to be quite economical compared to other sets in the theme if you're buying only for parts and also seems to be the best of the sets so far for action figure related parts.

On the other had, the scythe looks very fragile to me, very liable to having the blade fall off...the way the blade is going to be offset is also a bit irritating. It frustrates me how Kai gets a unique golden weapon moulded for him, while the other ninjas just have these brick built golden weapons that seem a little hit or miss.

I know... I would have loved a trans-blue chain for the Nunchucks of Lightning. At least the spinner add on blade scythe slightly resembles the Scythe of Quakes from the show.

I know... I would have loved a trans-blue chain for the Nunchucks of Lightning. At least the spinner add on blade scythe slightly resembles the Scythe of Quakes from the show.

True; it's a nice looking piece and a nice looking weapon overall - when viewed from the side! the way it's going to be offset thanks to its construction just annoys me though it's a great use of that new part so it is not all bad....and a trans blue chain would just be delightful. Zane really got the short straw with having those shuriken as his golden weapon...well, as far as set representations go :laugh:

Edited by Rocketbilly