Some more afolcon pics of mark's prototypes for samurai mech

Flickr

I have some pics of the great Fangpyre Mech prototypes too. Will upload later

Sweet Celestia that fire jet is gorgeous! Gold brutaka blades and HF tusks? And a sleek nose design, unlike the current jet... Why, LEGO? Why?

Jet of awesome

Sweet Celestia that fire jet is gorgeous! Gold brutaka blades and HF tusks? And a sleek nose design, unlike the current jet... Why, LEGO? Why?

Jet of awesome

I much prefer the finalized jet actually... that prototype looks awfully cluttered with all those high-detail BIONICLE and Hero Factory parts squished together in close proximity. Additionally, I wouldn't call that one's nose "sleek"-- it still has a regular slope brick at the very front, and the curve bricks lead to a lumpy, inconsistent look. Not to mention how the fuselage abruptly becomes wider towards the front of the windscreen.

Sure, that prototype could have been streamlined into a simpler, more effective design rather than the cluttered-looking mess on display in that picture. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. It's one of the reasons I don't like romanticizing prototype sets. It's OK to wish the set design had gone in a different direction starting from the prototype model, but at that point in design the model is often worse than the final set in as many or more ways than it is better.

I can't even view the picture, the link is broken for me... :hmpf_bad:

Guess that makes it unlikely that that particular vehicle will be a set, unless this set will be based on that vehicle or vice-versa.

I don't quite understand why that makes it unlikely. We don't usually get pictures of LE sets until a week or two prior to their release, so I don't see why seeing an image of a Serpentine train prototype that slightly resembles it makes it unlikely.

I must say that that mech with an actual tail in staid of legs looks awesome. However, at first I thought you were talking about the mech in the center of the picture. That one is weird :wacko: .

Here are some other good pics of the Ninjago prototypes on display at AFOLcon:

New Ninjagos together with prototypes

New Ninjagos together with prototypes part 2

So many prototype Storm Fighters and snowmobiles. I still think that red version of the Storm Fighter is the worst of the bunch, though it gets some credit for likely being the version that first implemented the flaring wings.

Some of the versions of Lasha's Bite Cycle are pretty weird, not that I'm too fond of the final version of that one.

Are those... normal prices? :wub:

I'm pretty sure they are marked up. Either that or LEGO is raising the price point for spinners and booster packs. The Samurai Mech is also a little pricier.

It'll probably get worse though in time, and this is the only way I'm aware of to get them at this point, so the mark-up isn't too bad for getting them early I guess.

Wait, when are the summer model sets mean't to release?

Ninjago is the new Time Travellers series, they just threw together a bunch of different themes and pieces.. the only difference that the time travellers were cool.

Edited by Renthicya

Now i would actually buy this one..

gallery_2955_116_32396.jpg

Reminds me of the King Oni mech from Red Alert 3 :laugh:

Now i would actually buy this one..

gallery_2955_116_32396.jpg

Reminds me of the King Oni mech from Red Alert 3 :laugh:

I agree. I like the design of this one a lot. I'm not really too big on this theme, but sweet mech designs are always welcome in my book.

Thanks 'GRogall' for these images, right now canon for the original story of the snakes is gone where ?

An AWESOME Samurai X mech but no seat for Sensei Wu ? :blush:

Plus Lloyd riding the four headed dragon that only appears in the season final ? :wacko:

Must say the Ultra Sonic Raider is worth buying, the four Ninja in season two costume together :thumbup: .....yet where does this vehicle come into the story.....which golden weapon or weapons does this machine belong to ? :wacko:

Edit - I see ice and earth. :blush: Plus there's a fangblade.....yep, canon Lego....this vehicle doesn't appear in the series unless I missed it for one second ! :wink:

Actually it's jsut something they build and not a combination of any weapon or weapons. The ninjas can have it and their weapons at the same tiem (remember how Jay jumped out of it and shocked the Great devourer w/ his nunchucks?)

That Samurai mech is the first set I've been properly excited about in months. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. Great stuff from LEGO.

That white tank looks pretty cool. Good mix of figures and great mix of parts that I don't have yet. I have never seen those wheels in the rear of the tank before.