I like the NRG ninjas too. The sets are too zany for my liking, but the figs are nicer than the first wave, IMO (I guess because I like the snakes more than the skeletons).

I have kind of mixed feelings about the snakes. I really loved the skeletons because their designs fit the minifigure aesthetic very well. While their torsos were perhaps not as simple in design as the Fantasy-Era Castle skeletons, their legs with "boots" were brilliant in design even if they didn't function too well on the spinners in many cases, and their arm designs are in my opinion some of the best LEGO skeleton arms to date. The generic skeletons' face patterns were mostly consistent with the ones from Fantasy-Era Castle, aside from the various bolts and such, and even the larger general heads were really cool in design. It's a shame the Friends figure heads are regular minifigure head size-- I had originally expected them to be somewhat larger, and I'd have loved to use Wyplash's head with one of them to have a Friends figure acting out the famous scene with Hamlet and Yorick's skull. :tongue:

Now, the snakes have very cool designs, but it's no secret that they're much less consistent with regular minifigure designs. Their eyes are very detailed, and while in most cases they add a lot of personality, I tend to prefer simple dot eyes with white sparkles on minifigure humans, animals, and aliens alike. The snake generals cannot fit on the spinners, which isn't a huge loss (after all, Samukai could fit on a spinner but he sure couldn't spin on one), but still a bit of a step down from 2011 where all the characters could fit on a spinner in some way, shape, or form (although the ones that can fit on spinners do so a lot better than the skeletons, who tended to fly off the spinners much more easily than the Ninja at least during my own play sessions). I think the brick-built snake heads on the Serpentine vehicles are a lot cooler than many of the brick-built skulls on the skeleton vehicles, but they're also slightly more uniform in design, with only the Rattlecopter and the head of the Great Devourer deviating greatly from the build on the rest of the snake vehicles.

So the Serpentine have advantages and disadvantages compared to the Skeleton Warriors. Of course the great amount of design work that went into them, giving each tribe a unique color scheme and aesthetic with up to four variations, is mostly enough to win me over, and I don't foresee the Skeleton Warriors returning as a main enemy specifically because they were not as compatible with the spinners as minifigures with regular legs.

With the skeleton legs on spinners:

there is difference on how to attach them, the legs have small, less then 1mm outward on the feet part.

Anywhoo, I have experienced no unbalanced battles with skeletons vs ninja's. Especially Wyplash is hard to beat.

Lloyd is impossible to beat with his short leg (does anyone else's Lloyd also have a 'loose' hood?).

(does anyone else's Lloyd also have a 'loose' hood?).

Mine does :hmpf_bad: .Its from the rattlecopter set,which is really nice i must add :wink: .

With the skeleton legs on spinners:

there is difference on how to attach them, the legs have small, less then 1mm outward on the feet part.

Anywhoo, I have experienced no unbalanced battles with skeletons vs ninja's. Especially Wyplash is hard to beat.

Lloyd is impossible to beat with his short leg (does anyone else's Lloyd also have a 'loose' hood?).

Could you rephrase that first statement? I'm having trouble understanding. Are you saying that there are different ways to attach the legs, or that the legs themselves are different from one-another?

And out of curiosity, is Wyplash so hard to beat because of his weapons? Last year my brother and I tested a wide variety of weapons on spinners, mostly coming from the collectable minifigs which we had at college with us. In testing this, we found that part 88704, which comes with Wyplash, can be nigh-unbeatable. It has just enough length to snag a foe's weapon, but is flexy enough that it yields when another weapon entangles it. The only thing that's better, ironically enough, is to spin without a weapon, since it's hard for another fig's weapon to hit your character consistently enough to knock them off. Part of why weapon-wielding foes are easier to beat is because most of your hits will be on the weapon itself, so each hit propels the opposing fig in the same "direction", eventually loosening them enough to knock them off completely.

@ Seba, we have it from the booster pack.

Lyichir,

ah sorry. Second language troubles. This is almost correct.

or that the legs themselves are different from one-another?

Lets try this:

the two legs are not the same. There is a left & right.

If you attach left on left side and right on right the gap between the feet is small

If you attach left to right side and left to right side the gap between the feet is smaller.

Heh, we had major succes with Wyplash his golden weapon (the double chains).

Lloyd's big staff (with the plant bits) has an insane reach by the way.

I don't know if this is the reason for Lloyd's hood being loose, but it might be a remold of the one introduced years ago (in Star Wars, I think). On LDD I noticed that there were two of those hood pieces which looked identical (I didn't notice any differences), but the part IDs were different. I'd assume that for whatever reason, LEGO redesigned it, possibly so it would be more compatible with the short cape, not that I see why the old one wouldn't work. :sceptic:

Hey everyone, I was on the LEGO Shop at Home Facebook page and I saw an image of the S@H mascot wearing this hair. As you can see I also added a picture of his other hair which is of course now on the Sleepyhead of Minifigures Series 6. My question is this: do any of you think this hair will ever come out on a real minifig? I know it's not true Kai hair but it would be a better substitute than the sleepyhead hair. Although personally I still hope that true Kai hair comes out.

new_kai_hair3.jpg

Just saw the NRG figures. I gotta say: those things are much more frightening than anything else Lego has released. That doesn't mean I won't get any; those pieces are great for some MOC.

Hey everyone, I was on the LEGO Shop at Home Facebook page and I saw an image of the S@H mascot wearing this hair. As you can see I also added a picture of his other hair which is of course now on the Sleepyhead of Minifigures Series 6. My question is this: do any of you think this hair will ever come out on a real minifig? I know it's not true Kai hair but it would be a better substitute than the sleepyhead hair. Although personally I still hope that true Kai hair comes out.

I don't really expect hair quite like Kai's just because of how thin the spikes are. I suppose in a rubber hair piece it could be done, but it would be a lot different than any existing LEGO hair pieces.

The hair you have pictured would also work nicely, although with either that or true Kai hair I'd have to wonder how difficult it would be to mold. It would certainly require more than a two- or three-section mold, I'm fairly certain, given how many intricate angles it has.

I am surprised they have never done ltd edition/special promotion of the ninjas in polybags with their respective hairpieces

So, it's been almost a full day since I saw the most recent Ninjago episode, but by some twist of fate, I'm the first to discuss it... :wacko:

Spoilers ahead!

First and foremost...Hypnobrai Disguise Lloyd. Kawaii! Or, in English...D'aww! :wub: I will never again be able to see Lloyd as a villain of any kind, even if he does a Face Heel Turn later on (though that's doubtful).

Second: ZX SUITS! FINALLY! :wub: :wub: They've certainly taken their sweet time with it! :hmpf_bad: Now watch it take a grand total of two and a half episodes before the ZZX stuff gets replaced by the ugly kendo gear. :angry::sadnew:

Third: Samurai X does more than just fly in, shoot off some nets and darts, and disappear! The ninjas' obsession over discovering Samurai X's identity was hilarious, especially Jay's overreaction and who Samurai X really is. :rofl:

Fourth: We finally know where the Staff Shrines from the sets are located! It's in that lost Serpentine city I'm not even going to try to spell because I know I'll get it wrong! :tongue: It looks awesome, though, and I have a feeling that secondhand Pharoh's Quest sets are going to spike in price now. Which is good in one way, bad if you still haven't managed to get them because you're short on cash. :sceptic:

Fifth...did anyone find the reveal of Nya a bit...anticlimactic? There was something a bit awkward about that scene. Everything was set up for it, but something was just not there. I'm blaming the animation for now, the dialogue seems good when I run it back through my head. Possibly the timing of Kai's line "Nya?", though, IMO it should have been "Is that...?" with the full reveal not coming until she had given up trying to hide her identity. Then again, given that it is a Paper Thin Disguise, perhaps I'm reading too much into this. :tongue:

Finally, the ending was great. I'm tempted to pounce on the other Ninja not pouncing on Kai's slip-up, but since it's a kids show I can let that one slide. Sensei Wu is awesome as usual, and it was a great way to reveal that he knew Nya's secret all along.

I'll probably have more thoughts later, so stay tuned!

So, it's been almost a full day since I saw the most recent Ninjago episode, but by some twist of fate, I'm the first to discuss it... :wacko:

Spoilers ahead!

First and foremost...Hypnobrai Disguise Lloyd. Kawaii! Or, in English...D'aww! :wub: I will never again be able to see Lloyd as a villain of any kind, even if he does a Face Heel Turn later on (though that's doubtful).

Second: ZX SUITS! FINALLY! :wub: :wub: They've certainly taken their sweet time with it! :hmpf_bad: Now watch it take a grand total of two and a half episodes before the ZZX stuff gets replaced by the ugly kendo gear. :angry::sadnew:

Third: Samurai X does more than just fly in, shoot off some nets and darts, and disappear! The ninjas' obsession over discovering Samurai X's identity was hilarious, especially Jay's overreaction and who Samurai X really is. :rofl:

Fourth: We finally know where the Staff Shrines from the sets are located! It's in that lost Serpentine city I'm not even going to try to spell because I know I'll get it wrong! :tongue: It looks awesome, though, and I have a feeling that secondhand Pharoh's Quest sets are going to spike in price now. Which is good in one way, bad if you still haven't managed to get them because you're short on cash. :sceptic:

Fifth...did anyone find the reveal of Nya a bit...anticlimactic? There was something a bit awkward about that scene. Everything was set up for it, but something was just not there. I'm blaming the animation for now, the dialogue seems good when I run it back through my head. Possibly the timing of Kai's line "Nya?", though, IMO it should have been "Is that...?" with the full reveal not coming until she had given up trying to hide her identity. Then again, given that it is a Paper Thin Disguise, perhaps I'm reading too much into this. :tongue:

Finally, the ending was great. I'm tempted to pounce on the other Ninja not pouncing on Kai's slip-up, but since it's a kids show I can let that one slide. Sensei Wu is awesome as usual, and it was a great way to reveal that he knew Nya's secret all along.

I'll probably have more thoughts later, so stay tuned!

I doubt the ZX ninja are going to be replaced by the Kendo suits (if so, it'll only be temporary, as in-story it seems the Kendo suits only serve as training gear. I would not be surprised if we start seeing NRG ninja soon, though even these I see only as temporary transformations in the heat of battle, rather than replacing the ZX gear.

Jay's plot to unmask Samurai X was the most hilarious (I doubt he'd have chosen such an embarrassing plan if he'd known who the Samurai really was :tongue: ).

The city's name is spelled Ouroboros (the name of a mythical serpent that bites its own tail).

I doubt the ZX ninja are going to be replaced by the Kendo suits (if so, it'll only be temporary, as in-story it seems the Kendo suits only serve as training gear. I would not be surprised if we start seeing NRG ninja soon, though even these I see only as temporary transformations in the heat of battle, rather than replacing the ZX gear.

Jay's plot to unmask Samurai X was the most hilarious (I doubt he'd have chosen such an embarrassing plan if he'd known who the Samurai really was :tongue: ).

The city's name is spelled Ouroboros (the name of a mythical serpent that bites its own tail).

I expect we'll see NRG Zane in the next episode (7), "Tick Tock", when he-

-unlocks his full potential.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

I expect we'll see NRG Zane in the next episode (7), "Tick Tock", when he-

-unlocks his full potential.

Agreed.

Another thing about the last episode I liked was the ninja once again using the Tornado of Creation. It's such a powerful and versatile technique (and one which more than any other highlights the LEGO-ness of the story) that I was beginning to get disappointed with the ninja relying mostly on their weapons for most of the fights we've seen. Mind you, they only used the Tornado of Creation because they didn't have their weapons, but it's the thought that counts.

Also I so want to MOC that snake tour bus the Serpentine rode to the city of Ouroboros in.

Also I so want to MOC that snake tour bus the Serpentine rode to the city of Ouroboros in.

You're not the only one.

So, good episode. I was a little disappointed that they revealed Samurai X so soon, but it's still a mystery to the other Ninja, so I guess it's alright.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

This will probably only apply to members in the U.S., but I thought I'd share this here:

Just wanted to share this with anybody who isn't completely caught up with the Ninjago TV series: according to the Cartoon Network website, tomorrow from 12:30-3:30 p.m. EST, there will be a Ninjago marathon covering all the episodes that have already aired for this season. Check here if you're in a different time zone and want to check when it airs locally.

Does anyone know where I can find decent pictures of those badges the ninjas wear on their chest/back?

-Sci

Does anyone know where I can find decent pictures of those badges the ninjas wear on their chest/back?

-Sci

Do you need them in the correct colors, with the black border around them? If not, try these links:

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Kai_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Zane_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Cole_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Jay_Emblem.svg

Those are all vectors made by my younger brother. If you want the raw images he used to make them, those are the iPhone skins found here. Or if you prefer them with outlines, the spinner product pages on the Ninjago site feature Zane's, Cole's, and Nya's.

I have already seen Korean version (I didn't understand anything XD) of Ninjago Episode 8 on YT and I've got some informations.

Jay will be infected probably by Fangpyre. He will change his hairstyle and also he will invite Nya to the restaurant. And Lord is going to help Wu. Aweeeesooome :D

Any website links for people like me in the UK? I'm sure cartoon network won't air them for atleast another month or two :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Housey98

Do you need them in the correct colors, with the black border around them? If not, try these links:

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Kai_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Zane_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Cole_Emblem.svg

http://ninjas.brickcraft.me/File:Jay_Emblem.svg

Those are all vectors made by my younger brother. If you want the raw images he used to make them, those are the iPhone skins found here. Or if you prefer them with outlines, the spinner product pages on the Ninjago site feature Zane's, Cole's, and Nya's.

Thanks, Aanchir!

Found some weird Zane images from an upcoming episode.

Zane is a robot?

DSC09858.JPG

DSC09856.JPG

EDIT: HOW DO I RESIZE THEM? THEY'RE HUGE!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Thanks, Aanchir!

Found some weird Zane images from an upcoming episode.

Zane is a robot?

DSC09858.JPG

DSC09856.JPG

EDIT: HOW DO I RESIZE THEM? THEY'RE HUGE!

-Sci

WHA DA HELL? Maybe that's way he is so odd. Holy cow! I am waiting for this :3