They're there-- take a look at this image.

Thanks, hadn't seen that photo :sweet: Can anyone confirm if these are the same colour as the Kunai in the Zane ZX booster? The ones in the booster are a light grey, are these?

Thanks, hadn't seen that photo :sweet: Can anyone confirm if these are the same colour as the Kunai in the Zane ZX booster? The ones in the booster are a light grey, are these?

No, the two sets have them in different colors. The Zane ZX booster pack's kunai are 315 Silver Metallic (Bricklink's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets and the main pearl silver color since late 2010). The ones that come with NRG Kai are 316 Titanium Metallic (Bricklink's Pearl Dark Gray in post-2010 sets and the main Pearl Dark Gray color since late 2010).

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on the summer wave:

9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle - I like this set. Despite there being absolutely nothing special going on in this set, I actually like this set.

The motorcycle is very cute, and a few more masonry bricks never hurt.

9448 Samurai Mech - This, in my opinion, is an example of an idea sounding cool on paper, but when realised, it actually looks quite poor.

The head, while a decent attempt at making the kabuto shape, just looks messy; the feet are too blocky; and there are simply too many cheese slopes and round tiles.

There are a few things I like, such as the sword and the use of Nya's phoenix logo on the torso, but on the whole, I'm gonna skip on this one.

9449 Ultra Sonic Raider - By far and away, my favourite set out of this wave.

I like how there are clips to store the ninjas' golden weapons, and the prison at the back. The gold sai blades (14 in total!) are very welcome, too.

Of course, we can't forget the main attraction; Pythor! With purple being my favourite colour, he'll probably end up being my favourite Serpentine.

It's just a shame that this doesn't come with the NRG ninjas, but oh well...

This is definitely going on my birthday list!

9450 Epic Dragon Battle - I will say this; this set is nowhere near as bad as I thought it was when I first saw it.

The Serpentine prison cell looks interesting, especially with what appears to be a fountain of venom at the top there.

The Great Devourer looks alright, but it could do with some extra fangs because it looks like a sock puppet as it does now.

The 4-headed Dragon, while still looking like a mess, does have some redeeming features, like the amazing colourscheme and the flapping wings.

I think my main beef with the dragon is that it looks too "robotic", especially when compared with last year's dragons.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

Don't think any of our sites previously linked to had close enough pics of the NRGs

Still kinda not the best possible shots, the metallic on the print isn't at a gleamy angle

Okay yes thank you, I was more asking along the lines of a story arc.

Well then you're out of luck - no new story stuff for the summer has been revealed other than what we already knew about it. :(

Well, looks like I'll be getting more than just the dragon set. The Sonic Raider(that's the name, I think) and the Samurai Mech are on my list.

Holy frell!

The NRG versions are UGLY!

The painting on the suits is subpar.

The faces are the HORROR!

Can we write a complaint to LEGO about them?

Hmmm...I like NRG Zane, but the rest are just awful.

Maybe it's a good thing that these are spinner-exclusive...

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

Woah, the new phase of ninjas look awesome. Sorry I have been out for a while, but do we have an explanation for the change that I have missed?

The story explanation is that they somehow become "pure Spinjitzu energy". Which is kind of amusing to those of us who remember the climax to the last episode of Galidor. :tongue:

I think the NRG Ninja look mighty stylish. Of course, the fact that their transformation looks like it will be an Eleventh Hour Superpower makes these figs less essential IMO than the other more "normal" Ninjago character designs, and so it's easy enough for me to tolerate them only appearing in spinner sets. If I end up interested in getting them I'll happily do so (I have nothing against the spinners and cards), but they won't be the highest items on my wanted list.

Trans-red bricks in Mezmo pack. :drool:

Must buy multiples.

EDIT: And in Chokun spinner, and NRG Kai. :wub_drool:

Edited by Poison Ivy

Hi Aanchir,

I just noticed, has there ever been a point you really disliked something about Ninjago or other line because in all posts I read from you it is positive.

Just noticing. ;)

because I can not phantom how daeom red-yellow eyed Cole looks stylish...

I genuinely think those NRG ninjas are more disturbing/frightening to a child than anything I've seen in the Monster Fighters line up. The designs of the ninja robes have so far been class imo, especially the Dragon DX costumes from last year. Pure spinjitzu energy or not they look horrible and the faces and colors especially are bewildering. Maybe the cartoon will explain it better.

Hi Aanchir,

I just noticed, has there ever been a point you really disliked something about Ninjago or other line because in all posts I read from you it is positive.

Just noticing. ;)

And I can tell from your posts that you've made on this thread that you don't like Ninjago.

And I can tell from your posts that you've made on this thread that you don't like Ninjago.

I think Ninjago more than any other theme is pure "Lego Marmite"

I have always loved the ninja designs up to the upcoming NRG's, though to be honest it's the eyes that I don't like so could just substitute in regular heads.

Hi Aanchir,

Just noticing. ;)

I love what I've seen of the NRG ninjas. They're obviously still prototypes, but the very idea of a sort of "Avatar state" for the ninjas is pretty sweet.

Aanchir's my brother, BTW. And we both love Ninjago, though neither of us hold it on a pedestal where it can't be criticized. Some of my criticisms involve the new Garmadon: for one, his textured torso extension limits its versatility if they were to bring it back for other themes. The concept behind that is great, but in execution it falls short. Also, he uses the new helmet, which, combined with the extra-tall torso, makes him somewhat spindly-looking. I've had other criticisms of things in this theme, but ultimately they're minor things like these. And I'm extremely hesitant to layer on heavy criticism of prelim sets, because as has been seen in others on this very topic, better pictures or later prototypes can make a world of difference in regards to how a set is perceived.

I can understand the complaints about (most) of the NRG Ninjas, however I LOVE them and never buy spinners, but consider these must buys.

Cole looks CRAZY sick!

Hi Aanchir,

Just noticing. ;)

He looks stylish IMO in the same way Aang looked stylish in the Avatar state, if you're familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Stylish in a powerful-being-about-to-unleash-righteous-fury type of way. Perhaps there's a better word to use than stylish, but that was the one that came to mind when looking at them at Toy Fair.

I tend to have a fairly positive view of most themes, just because I'm fairly willing to look past certain flaws if I can understand the reasons behind them, or even if there are just enough good qualities to balance out the flaws. As such, I've understood the charm behind Ninjago from the beginning, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize flaws in it.

It bugs me that there aren't any real location-based sets this year, and that the Destiny's Bounty is too small to be a formidable headquarters, and that there was no proper Ninja headquarters in 2011 (the Spinjitzu Dojo hardly counts, even if it's what the Ninja headquarters in the show was based on). It bugs me that the spinner sets are the only ways to get certain minifigures, and that the arena sets this year, in becoming standardized in their design, have also become incredibly boring. It bugs me that the Ninjago online games are mostly just Megaman Battle Network clones with all the fun and strategy minimized, and that we have yet to have a Ninjago online game that truly lets you enjoy the story of the theme like BIONICLE's Mata Nui Online Game without having to do a bunch of tedious gameplay in between story tidbits.

But for me, most of these problems come secondary to the amount of hard work and dedication that is going into the design and marketing of this theme. I thoroughly enjoy the books and TV series despite those high expectations sometimes leading to disappointment in some installments. The set designs are imaginative with lots of bright colors and cool functions. The website for the theme is attractively laid-out, and there's lots of great Ninjago content available totally free either there or elsewhere on the internet. And it's no fun to grumble about the flaws when there's so much about the theme that I have no trouble enjoying.

I actually quite like the NRG ninjas. Their heads may be pretty useful in MoCs, but used for what? I'm not sure. They look creepy enough to be some sort of elemental monster.

May consider getting these guys even though I don't get the spinners.

Kalhiki

Hi Aanchir (& brother),

thanks for the answer. :)

Pretty wrong.

If you read some more you will notice that I really really like the first Ninjago waves vs the skeletons very much. The four dragons are like some of the best things LEGO ever did. The Fire Temple, Skull Truck, Dojo, etc are all great.

If you read even further you would notice I do like the spinning game to play with my son.

And that I am not the biggest snake theme fan isn't a secret either :laugh: , but I really do like the Destiny's Bounty. And even had to admit Kai's bike is a cool build.

So... good? ;)