My thoughts exactly. Seems, at least to me, that TLG is pumping all the awesome stuff into licensed themes and putting absolutely no creative effort into the non-licensed themes. :hmpf: That tank does look nice though.

I am sensing the opposite thing here. Nothing in the summer pics for Lotr and SW has gotten remotely close to be as exciting as SamuraiX (Albeit I wonder if LEGO found out yet that name is probably trademarked...)

Edited by vexorian

Hey! No spoilers! :tongue:

Looks like Lloyd will indeed join the ninjas and get a growth spurt. :laugh:

It's a toy. :hmpf: Not the next Harry Potter book.

I wish there were some smaller ($25 and less) sets in the summer wave...the ones in the current wave are fantastic.

I hate to say it but with limited space available in my house for large sets, I think I'm just going to settle for the smaller sets and spinners. Yet, will possibly bricklink the snake figs that have tails because they look awesome.

I already have the shrine with Zane ZX and the 3 booster packs. Great piece packs.

What seems to be the word on why the orange "leg-booster" piece is not included (yet mysteriously shown in set pictures) in the Lloyd Garmadon booster pack?

Haha, i nearly fell of my chair laughing when i saw that giant 4-headed dragon... oh Ninjago, you will never fail to amuse me... :rofl:

Edit: I think i'll be passing on these, just too many other awesome sets further up the list. But i do kinda link the tank thing though.

Edited by gabe

Why not? Summer waves tend to be small for Action themes. Case in point: Atlantis.

Hmm, I think the previous story (Garmadon and his army) featured a larger second wave though.

The ridiculously large dragon seems like the ultimate end of this story.

All spinners this time, with some spoilers if you didn't get spoiled from the last reveals. Looks like there will be an "NRG" variant for the ninjas now.

More variants? At least they're in spinners. :classic:

One thing that's kind of annoying is that there's no continuity with the green ninja. We don't get a "standard" version or a DX version as far as I can tell.

As for blue Zane, that's okay, I guess, but only if the others have their colours inverted or changed.

It's a toy. :hmpf: Not the next Harry Potter book.

Yes, but it's also a TV series with a story, and this is a major spoiler of what will undoubtedly happen in a future episode which some people might not want to know until they see it. :wink:

Actually, I think making a dragon that is a fusion of the first four is much more creative than to release yet another dragon with the same design, just in another color again. :hmpf: Doesn't mean that the end result will look any better though.

I would actually rather have a green dragon rather than an uninteresting mash-up of all four dragons that I will have to get, regardless of how much I hate it, for the rest of the set. :hmpf:

I am sensing the opposite thing here. Nothing in the summer pics for Lotr and SW has gotten remotely close to be as exciting as SamuraiX (Albeit I wonder if LEGO found out yet that name is probably trademarked...)

Fury-class starfighter......

Does anyone have any guesses on how much the four-headed dragon will cost?

Probably around $120-$150, I'm guessing.

Probably around $120-$150, I'm guessing.

That's about what I was thinking. When I saw it, it reminded me of the 4 headed dragon in Beowulf. Does anyone else think this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo6NkxWKjvY

Edit: Three... headed...Dragon

Edit 2: SAMURAI - STATUE- MECH - THING

Oh boy.

Thanks for linking this! I'm definitely impressed, especially by the four-headed dragon. Since before we even got the Ninjago dragons, my brother and I have wanted to build a four-headed one with the parts from all four. But it was next to impossible to get one with a working color scheme using just those pieces. TLG managed wonderfully by reducing the color scheme almost entirely, but leaving some colored accents printed on the now-white dragon heads to show which belonged to which dragon. And the end result is of course every bit as epic as it should be (at least, as far as can be seen).

The giant snake the four-headed dragon is battling also looks pretty impressive, even if it's not remotely as brilliant as some of the snake vehicles we've seen from a sculptural standpoint. The mech for Samurai X is a bit absurd-looking, and not extremely high on my list of sets to get, but I love the two mini-snakemen and their catapult. I imagine they'll play the role of comic relief in the TV show after Lloyd grows up a little. :tongue:

The last vehicle set is epic-looking, but it's hard to tell what its role in the theme will be. It apparently comes apart into sections. For me, the most appealing aspect of that set so far (besides the luscious pieces) is the Anacondrai general, who hopefully will come in another set so my brothers and I don't need too many ZX ninja duplicates (though it doesn't hurt to have them).

Spinner sets look decent, even though whether I get any of them will depend on whether the contents of them are more efficient to procure that way than in the larger building sets.

The Federal Republic of America Special Operations Command Samurai division will be putting in purchasing orders for multiple units of the Samurai mech this summer... :wink:

Yeah, the first thing I thought of when I saw the name "Samurai X" was, "Holy crap! LEGO is making Himura Kenshin?!" *huh*

...Then I saw that Samurai X is a girl and I was greatly pleased. :wub:

I just found some very interesting news. I was browsing Jay Vincent's (The composer of a lot of the NinjaGo music) site and I found an article reading that Cartoon network signed off for two more seasons for NinjaGo. One of them is the one currentley airing, and season 3 is unknown, probably meaning that there will be more sets in 2013. And I checked the Youtube video with pics of the summer sets and spinners, and the guy said theres still more to come :wink:

Edited by Lance

I just found some very interesting news. I was browsing Jay Vincent's (The composer of a lot of the NinjaGo music) site and I found an article reading that Cartoon network signed off for two more seasons for NinjaGo. One of them is the one currentley airing, and season 3 is unknown, probably meaning that there will be more sets in 2013. And I checked the Youtube video with pics of the summer sets and spinners, and the guy said theres still more to come :wink:

Unfortunately, it seems his channel will soon be gone as Lego have been taking videos down off him. So no more summer pictures for a while :sceptic:

Unfortunately, it seems his channel will soon be gone as Lego have been taking videos down off him. So no more summer pictures for a while :sceptic:

To be honest, i'm kinda on LEGO's side with that. This guy has released a major spoiler of ***** being the Green Ninja and I don't blame LEGO for removing them. Sure it would be nice to see the pics early, but it will ruin the plot of the series and with this dude leaking information that vital to the story, it can lead to people not bothering to watch the show, as they already know who the Green Ninja is. Probably over a million people know now, which has pretty ruined LEGO's initial idea for when the Green Ninja's true identity is revealed. I think the people of Eurobricks who already know this should keep this information a secret until the sets are seen at Toy Fair, or when we get high res pics.

My thoughts on NRG: Well, a similar thing happened in Ben 10, like someone said a few posts back. XLR8 is the name of one of his transformations, which stands for Accelerate. Not too bad an idea, actually. About Zane's suit being Thomas the Tank Engine Blue, remeber the spinner he had in the first wave of 2011? It was blue, so not really a huge deal. In fact, I think it's a good idea. It would be cool aswell if Kai's suit were orange, Jay's suit was yellow, and Cole's suit was Brown. But still, not really a bad situation.

I think I may be Aanchir's Alter Ego form (but he doesn't remember transforming into me), my posts are becoming like his :laugh:

Edited by Lance

I hope that LEGO handles it well. When I was younger, I was a fan of the Knights' Kindom II theme, until the second year ended, when Jayko became king. The next year, they got rid of the other three of the four original knights and replaced them, which ruined the theme for me. So, what I mean is, I hope that it doesn't become "all about *****".

My thoughts on NRG: Well, a similar thing happened in Ben 10, like someone said a few posts back. XLR8 is the name of one of his transformations, which stands for Accelerate. Not too bad an idea, actually. About Zane's suit being Thomas the Tank Engine Blue, remeber the spinner he had in the first wave of 2011? It was blue, so not really a huge deal. In fact, I think it's a good idea. It would be cool aswell if Kai's suit were orange, Jay's suit was yellow, and Cole's suit was Brown. But still, not really a bad situation.

I'm alright with Zane having a light blue suit, at least for a while (for reasons other than having a light blue cowl). I'm fine with it because I think that since the unison dragon and unison tank are white, it makes sense to give Zane a different costume, so it doesn't look like they are his.

Edited by Superficial Username

I just wish they'd give one of the Ninjas, maybe Cole, a Dark Bley suit, because I'd like to add more members to Ninja Team 7, which is made up of the old dark gray ninjas....

I just wish they'd give one of the Ninjas, maybe Cole, a Dark Bley suit, because I'd like to add more members to Ninja Team 7, which is made up of the old dark gray ninjas....

Honestly theres a whole list of colors I'd like to see ninjas in, from white to dark bley to purple, And even if ninjago doesnt give us some new colors, there are sure to be other ninja colors in other themes at some point.

Honestly theres a whole list of colors I'd like to see ninjas in, from white to dark bley to purple, And even if ninjago doesnt give us some new colors, there are sure to be other ninja colors in other themes at some point.

True: I might just get multiples of Jay and create a second squad of Blue ninjas for the same team (I'm already using the white ninja princess/Zane for the officers), and of course I'm already using the black and red ninjas for different factions, so no complaints there...

My thoughts on NRG: Well, a similar thing happened in Ben 10, like someone said a few posts back. XLR8 is the name of one of his transformations, which stands for Accelerate. Not too bad an idea, actually.

You do realize that Ben10 literally has an alien called NRG right? I think this really is a blatant case of TLG being 'inspired' by another work.

2012 is pretty interesting for Ninjago. A four headed dragon, a fusion of a snake and a wrecking ball and other fun stuff. I'm just wondering when they will have a Gold ninja.

To be honest, i'm kinda on LEGO's side with that. This guy has released a major spoiler of ***** being the Green Ninja and I don't blame LEGO for removing them. Sure it would be nice to see the pics early, but it will ruin the plot of the series and with this dude leaking information that vital to the story, it can lead to people not bothering to watch the show, as they already know who the Green Ninja is. Probably over a million people know now, which has pretty ruined LEGO's initial idea for when the Green Ninja's true identity is revealed. I think the people of Eurobricks who already know this should keep this information a secret until the sets are seen at Toy Fair, or when we get high res pics.

Agreed. I feel sorry for LEGO. Like you said, it can lead to people not bothering to watch the show.

According to the UK Sales thread, the new sets are slithering their way into the UK :laugh:

I asked my son if he'd rather just have money for his B-Day on the 3rd of Jan, then him and I go into Cardiff and (hopefully) buy all of the new NinjaGo sets (yes, ALL OF THEM MWHAHAHA :devil:). Is it known whether the Kendo Jay Booster pack will be available for general sale later in the year? Or will it be a promo that will appear in to NOTW and the Sun?

Anyway, if anyone sees any stores near Cardiff that sells the new sets, please could they send me a PM?

You do realize that Ben10 literally has an alien called NRG right? I think this really is a blatant case of TLG being 'inspired' by another work.

2012 is pretty interesting for Ninjago. A four headed dragon, a fusion of a snake and a wrecking ball and other fun stuff. I'm just wondering when they will have a Gold ninja.

I think it's more a case of both the writers for Ben 10 and LEGO being inspired by a very obvious three-letter pun that's been used for decades.

A gold ninja would be crazy-cool, though I would rather them stick with the vibrant primary colors they've currently got. On a related note, I wonder if the green ninja will be regular green (TLG's Dark Green) or Bright Green. I'd perhaps prefer Bright Green, myself. TLG's been using it a lot more in several recent themes, and I'm fond of it. On a related note, I wonder if there will be any sets with the classic ninja cowl in green or if that will remain a collector's item. Sadly I think the latter is more likely the case, since everything we've seen of the Green Ninja (besides Sensei Wu's scroll and the packaging of the spinner sets) shows him in the ZX form.

A gold ninja would be crazy-cool....

No, it wouldn't, I don't think. The quality of the TLG gold knight is horrendous. It's one thing I don't want to see again. :sadnew: I'd prefer an orange or purple ninja, myself.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie