There are so many vehicles :hmpf_bad: Only the cheapest set doesn't feature a vehicle and then every set has a vehicle until Destiny's Treasure, which is very nice, but also quite expensive. I really like the blue snake guards, but I guess we won't be seeing them sold seperately until Summer 2012. It's too bad you can only find them in 9444 and 9446.

Though he does appear to come with a grey hood? Unless it's the light. Will the booster packs contain a figure, or is the packaging just showing what character the booster weapons are for?

Yeah, the grey hood is nice. It doesn't make sense though, a slightly modified scale torso would fit better.

Obviously, the booster packs would contain the figure itself or there would be little motivation to buy it. Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but part of the packaging on booster packs are clear.

it's obviously a LEGO equivalent VF-19 Excalibur Advanced Variable Fighter from Macross 7 (Details in Wikipedia).

Wow, that's strikingly similar, down to the colour scheme and everything. *oh2*

There's a lot of evidence pointing towards the hood not being grey. One the torso is the same colour and that's Lord Garmadons torso which is black. Two Lloyd appears in the RattleCopter set and his hood is grey. So unfortunately it will most likely turn out to be black :hmpf_bad:

There's a lot of evidence pointing towards the hood not being grey. One the torso is the same colour and that's Lord Garmadons torso which is black. Two Lloyd appears in the RattleCopter set and his hood is grey. So unfortunately it will most likely turn out to be black :hmpf_bad:

1-That torso is LG's torso, but it is gray. You can see comparison in the pics of the Rattle-Copter and the Destiny's Bounty. Look at his torso, then look at Gramadon's. They are clearly different colors.

2-I think you mean that it isn't grey, and in that cas you are wrong. As I said, his body is grey, namely Dark Bluish-Grey. And in the booster pack, his body is LG's, but black, unlike the Rattle-Copter. And in the booster pack, his hood is lighter than his torso, so if his torso is black, than the hood is Dark Bluish-Grey. But if his torso is Dark Bluish-Grey, then his hood is Light Bluish-Grey.

On another point, 2012 has many old molds in new colors, especially headgear. Look at the Dark Blue hood on the Barris Offee from the SW line. Or how about the Dark-Tan IJ fedora in the Dino line-up. You may have seen something I didn't, but from what I have seen, I am absolutely sure that his hood is going to be grey.

1-That torso is LG's torso, but it is gray. You can see comparison in the pics of the Rattle-Copter and the Destiny's Bounty. Look at his torso, then look at Gramadon's. They are clearly different colors.

2-I think you mean that it isn't grey, and in that cas you are wrong. As I said, his body is grey, namely Dark Bluish-Grey. And in the booster pack, his body is LG's, but black, unlike the Rattle-Copter. And in the booster pack, his hood is lighter than his torso, so if his torso is black, than the hood is Dark Bluish-Grey. But if his torso is Dark Bluish-Grey, then his hood is Light Bluish-Grey.

On another point, 2012 has many old molds in new colors, especially headgear. Look at the Dark Blue hood on the Barris Offee from the SW line. Or how about the Dark-Tan IJ fedora in the Dino line-up. You may have seen something I didn't, but from what I have seen, I am absolutely sure that his hood is going to be grey.

IN the Rattle Copter box image, the torso and hood are pretty clearly black on my computer screen. Same goes for the catalog image. The only place where his torso and hood look grey is on the booster pack, which is a terribly low-quality render. It's possible that it might be grey in the final thing, because all of these images are preliminary (and preliminary photos can be poor-quality and not show colors clearly), but frankly it's really rude to just act as though everyone who thinks Lloyd's torso and hood look black is flat-out wrong. All his parts but his head and hands look black to me, so it could just be a matter of perception.

Edited by Aanchir

IN the Rattle Copter box image, the torso and hood are pretty clearly black on my computer screen. Same goes for the catalog image. The only place where his torso and hood look grey is on the booster pack, which is a terribly low-quality render. It's possible that it might be grey in the final thing, because all of these images are preliminary (and preliminary photos can be poor-quality and not show colors clearly), but frankly it's really rude to just act as though everyone who thinks Lloyd's torso and hood look black is flat-out wrong. All his parts but his head and hands look black to me, so it could just be a matter of perception.

Sorry if I came across as rude. I was just trying to say what I saw on my computer. But I really do hope that the hood is grey, because if it is just black, than all this opportunity would be wasted. If they made a grey hood, then they could make, say, a Dark Red hood for the SW theme. If they continue this trend of recolored headgear in the NinjaGo theme, then we could have all those recolors of parts that we need for our MOCs. Also, it would put TLC in too deep. (As in, making so many new moulds and recolors that it becomes a standard.) :devil:

Someone else is being a little rude too eh?

While I second the "It's Preliminary" I do think that the colour of the torso is not an issue until the offical set pictures are out. We can all have our opinins on colour but being rude is not welcome, thank you.

Someone else is being a little rude too eh?

While I second the "It's Preliminary" I do think that the colour of the torso is not an issue until the offical set pictures are out. We can all have our opinins on colour but being rude is not welcome, thank you.

Sorry, although I don't quite understand in my post where I was rude. I thought I was pretty clear in saying that black was just what I was seeing, and that better pics could show it differently. I was feeling slightly upset and defensive when writing it, though, so I can understand how some of that might come across as rudeness in my post.

Thank you.

Now, what are we most excited for in this theme? I really want that jet plus all the armour parts and the stylish torso printing.

The best new part of the theme? Has to be the snakes for me, got a great idea for continuing Jake's adventures...

I really like the new headgear especially the ZX type :cry_happy:

I dont like Fangdam to be honest as the set he comes in already has a two-headed snake :thumbdown:

I much rather would have prefered Lasha to him as Lasha only appears in a spinner set :hmpf_bad:

I really like his design too, especially him only having one eye, it reminds me of a bounty hunter from something SW would do :thumbup:

I guess I'll just have to buy the spinner set, why does it have to be a different plastic... :angry:

Well I haven't had a chance to look all the sets very deep but my main love for Ninjago 2012 goes for minifigs and their accessories. I mean seriously, aren't they just really cool :D I was trying to make a adventure party with minifigs for pretty long time and after seeing all those new accessories my idea will go real. :) I can't wait to get those minifigs and some of the small sets.

I don't think I ever shared my thoughts on the new pics. (I hope I haven't :blush: )

Honestly I'm not impressed with the Ninja's Vehicles. The look too plain. I like the snake vehicles more. The Snakecopter is pretty awesome, and the 4 wheeler with the tail is also pretty good looking.

I don't think I ever shared my thoughts on the new pics. (I hope I haven't :blush: )

Honestly I'm not impressed with the Ninja's Vehicles. The look too plain. I like the snake vehicles more. The Snakecopter is pretty awesome, and the 4 wheeler with the tail is also pretty good looking.

I'm of a similar opinion about some of the Ninja vehicles. Zane's Snowmobile is fairly decent, reusing the "ice wedges" as it does. I also like Cole's tank-thing. I don't know what the transformation is supposed to represent (it actually makes it look "snakier", so perhaps he gets hypnotized by one of the hypno-staffs?) But one thing I especially like on these two is the elemental detailing: the big rotor parts on Cole's vehicle have earthy patterns, and there's the aforementioned ice wedges. But Jay and Kai's vehicles lack this. Kai's is pretty awesome without, and since it has a lot of smooth surfaces LEGO could conceivably add flame decals. But there aren't as many smooth surfaces on Jay's jet, and it needs more detail badly. The art we've seen even adds crackling lightning at the front and along the wings, but I feel that this effect should be present on the actual model rather than photoshopped in. It's not too late for it to change, so I hope that vehicle gets some more detail somehow.

Regardless of the appearance in the preliminary sets, I'm pretty sure the hood will be grey.

The illustration on Lloyd's booster pack depicts him with a grey hood even though the photo of the minifigure has a black one, and if anything, the illustration should be the least preliminary of the images on the packaging.

Also, there is already a black hood existing. It would be easy to use a black hood for prelim's sake either way.

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the vehicles will be about the quality of the average RACERS vehicle, while the snake people look like some of the coolest minifigs LEGO has ever made.

Regardless of the appearance in the preliminary sets, I'm pretty sure the hood will be grey.

The illustration on Lloyd's booster pack depicts him with a grey hood even though the photo of the minifigure has a black one, and if anything, the illustration should be the least preliminary of the images on the packaging.

Also, there is already a black hood existing. It would be easy to use a black hood for prelim's sake either way.

The only place Lloyd's hood has looked grey at all to me is the 3-D render of the minifigure on the booster pack, and that has the torso seemingly in grey too. It could just be a matter of black parts looking grey in the render-- it's a problem that definitely occurs in the 3-D renders on Service.LEGO.com, as dark stone grey printing on black parts in those renders is almost invisible. I don't see what you mean in saying that the hood looks grey in the illustration-- it looks black to me, although I agree with you that the illustration is probably the most reliably-finalized image at this point. If it were any less ambiguous in color than the other pics have been then we could easily have a consensus one way or the other.

I'd say a black hood would be a more realistic expectation for the final sets because he's evil, and because his torso and hood pieces already exist in black. At this point, though, it could just be a matter of perception, and every image we've seen has been preliminary, so I'd argue it's futile to even discuss what color his hood will be. I'm sure sooner or later we'll see more finalized images that give us a more reliable idea what to expect.

Personally, I'm more comfortable assuming the hood will be black, because that way I will either be correct or pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't want to begin anticipating a grey hood and then be let down if it turns out I was wrong.

So Lloyd is just a kid? Huh. That's an interesting twist for a villain. He doesn't look like a very self-confident one either.

Love those two-headed snake dudes. I don't really care for any of the ninja vehicles except the ship, but the Rattlecopter and the Snakemobile look sweet.

Lloyd looks like a little kid dressed up for Halloween... d'aaaaw. He's not intimidating, he's ADORABLE! I still need to get a good look at the snake men. Nya looks like a badass in that samurai armor.

hm... I'm getting 505 errors. any chance somebody has the packs and spinner set pics saved?

Same here :sceptic: anyone mind giving me a new link to the pics or emailing me them?