I'm being torn between a few of the sets. Although I would like to know some of the snakes which are included in the sets. I can't seem to be able to tell which snake is included in Jay's Storm Fighter as the light is blocking the picture. I also would like to know who is driving the RattleCopter and the SnakeQuad. If any of you could tell me which figs these are, it'd be grately appreciated!

I'm being torn between a few of the sets. Although I would like to know some of the snakes which are included in the sets. I can't seem to be able to tell which snake is included in Jay's Storm Fighter as the light is blocking the picture. I also would like to know who is driving the RattleCopter and the SnakeQuad. If any of you could tell me which figs these are, it'd be grately appreciated!

I've zoomed in on the pic's, they both seem to be driven by a red snake. So, according to the spinners, it should be either Fang-Suei or Snappa. :classic:

Edited by LandShark

I've zoomed in on the pic's, they both seem to be driven by a red snake. So, according to the spinners, it should be either Fang-Suei or Snappa. :classic:

Thanks a lot! The main reason I wanted to know was incase the 2 headed red snake in the SnakeQuad was in any other set. Any chance you can tell who the snake is in Jays Storm Fighter? Or is the light blocking the way, so none of us can see?

Hmm, I wonder what the deal is with the spinner packaging. Most are red with pictures of the dual headed snake on, however, 2 are blue (Kai ZX and Fang Suei, I think) with pictures of the blue cobra next to the green ninja head.

Edited by Housey98

Thanks a lot! The main reason I wanted to know was incase the 2 headed red snake in the SnakeQuad was in any other set. Any chance you can tell who the snake is in Jays Storm Fighter? Or is the light blocking the way, so none of us can see?

I just have the same pictures as everyone else, so I'm not sure. I can just make out a little bit, it could be the same as the one in Kai's Bike.

Also, I've just realized we haven't seen anything about the Green Ninja yet (apart from on the boxes). It can't be Nya or Kai, as they're both still there. :wacko:

I just have the same pictures as everyone else, so I'm not sure. I can just make out a little bit, it could be the same as the one in Kai's Bike.

I have just looked at the tiny box art in the corner and it seems it will be either Fang Suei or Snappa as the minifig is wearing white.

Edited by Housey98

I have just looked at the tiny box art in the corner and it seems it will be either Fang Suei or Snappa as the minifig is wearing white.

:facepalm: Why didn't I think of that?

You're right, it's either Fang-Suei or Snappa.

Just thought I'd thrown in my 2 pennies on the prelims:

9440 Venomari Shrine: Looks like a good parts pack (the new green snakes, the little brick wall pieces and snake staff). I'll probably end up buying at least one of these.

9441 Kai's Motorcycle: Putting my hatred for the ninja's vehicles in general aside, I think it looks a bit too big in comparison to Kai. Perhaps they should've downscaled it and instead used the pieces for a small temple/vehicle for snakeman.

9442 Jay's Jetplane: Probably my favourite (or rather, least hated) out of the ninja vehicles. It has an ever-so-slight Ice Planet 2002 feel to it, especially with (what appears to be) skis on the bottom. There's one thing that bugs me though; there seems to be another minifig in the set, but I can't make it out because of the flash.

9443 Snakecopter: Looks cool. I like the flick-fire snake feature.

9444 Cole's Jeep/Tank Thing: My absolute least favourite of wave 1 so far.

It looks as if someone took a rejected Batmobile set and combined it with Exo-Force.

9445 Snake 4x4: Now this is more like it! I absolutely adore the overall design of the jeep, as well as the 2-headed snake minifig in the background.

More than likely a day one purchase for me.

9446 Ninja Airship: Hmm...Not sure what to make of this.

Sure, it looks great, but nothing really special drawing me to it either. Of course, this is just a prelim, so it might change, if not only a little bit.

Spinners: Hoo boy! The new armour for the ninjas is just so cool, especially Nya's (?)! Very useful for making feudal Japan MOCs!

I don't really care for the snakemen spinners, though.

As for the spinners themselves, I like how TLG have now added a "battle disc". As if this theme needed anymore glaring similarities to Beyblade! :laugh:

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

I can't believe how many new weapons this brings:

- golden dagger - Was this available before?

- golden axe - Looks longer than the common axe, but it may be an illusion.

- weird snake sword thing - Useful for beating the dust out of carpets?

- snake staff - Don't really like it.

- staff with 2 golden blades on top (visible at the Jay ZX booster pack) - This is my favourite new one, good for all wizards.

- dragon sword in a booster pack will lower its price on bricklink

- ninja three spiked hand thing, forgot the name - Very useful for lances, staffs, etc.

I wish they would introduce that many new weapons in kingdoms.

The gold dagger was in the Ninjago board game. The axe is probably the same mould, given some of the other weapons also look extended.

I see a few more new or newish weapons in there. Looks like Kendo Cole gets a baseball bat. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm not too keen on most of the snakemen. They look like... pirates. I was thinking of something more elegant, like the warriors in the Atlantis theme.

That said, the blue cobras in the ship and in Cole's vehicle are very nice. Why couldn't they all look like that, instead of strange humanised faces?

The gold dagger was in the Ninjago board game. The axe is probably the same mould, given some of the other weapons also look extended.

I see a few more new or newish weapons in there. Looks like Kendo Cole gets a baseball bat. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm not too keen on most of the snakemen. They look like... pirates. I was thinking of something more elegant, like the warriors in the Atlantis theme.

That said, the blue cobras in the ship and in Cole's vehicle are very nice. Why couldn't they all look like that, instead of strange humanised faces?

The snakemen don't look like pirates to me. If they were pirates, Ninjago would have reached the maximum possible awesomeness far too soon. The Ninjas versus Pirates wave can't come any sooner than 2013. :tongue:

Also, btw, Wardancer, the two-bladed weapon in the Jay ZX booster is actually three pieces: two blades and a golden chainsaw blade. So it's even more versatile than you might have expected!

Anyway, we still have no new clues who the green ninja is. He'll probably appear for real in a summer set, but for now, all we know is that in these preliminary box arts he has the same generic-shaped eyebrows as the red ninja from 2011's packaging (which doesn't quite resemble any of the Ninjago characters). My best guesses are that he'll be Kai (the main character from the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu TV special), Nya (only main character who is Not Techically A Ninja), or Lloyd Garmadon (because hey, now that we've seen he seems to be a human character and not some demon or snake hybrid, he's another option).

I'm super-duper excited about the Ninjago TV series that might answer some of our story questions about 2012, but in the meantime we can probably expect another two-minute mini movie on Monday at the Ninjago website. That should give me my ninja fix for the next week or so.

The snakemen don't look like pirates to me. If they were pirates, Ninjago would have reached the maximum possible awesomeness far too soon. The Ninjas versus Pirates wave can't come any sooner than 2013. :tongue:

It might just be me, but as it's quite visibly not one single piece, the snakemen's headpieces look like strange-shaped hats. The fact that the snakemen look like they're wearing clothes of the same colour as their skin also kind of ruins it for me.

Still, it's not too bad. If you remove the headpieces, they look fine. :classic:

I wonder what the chances of the booster packs not being Chinese are? I'm fine with Collectible Minifigures, because there's no alternative. However, I'd avoid these altogether if they were Chinese, simply because the differences are too obvious.

It seems that the "Shredder helmet" is actually just a ninja headwrap minus the back part with a crest on it.

Also, looks like there's a red dragon-like snakeman in the green vehicle similar to what Vertea posted some time ago.

It might just be me, but as it's quite visibly not one single piece, the snakemen's headpieces look like strange-shaped hats. The fact that the snakemen look like they're wearing clothes of the same colour as their skin also kind of ruins it for me.

Still, it's not too bad. If you remove the headpieces, they look fine. :classic:

I wonder what the chances of the booster packs not being Chinese are? I'm fine with Collectible Minifigures, because there's no alternative. However, I'd avoid these altogether if they were Chinese, simply because the differences are too obvious.

It seems that the "Shredder helmet" is actually just a ninja headwrap minus the back part with a crest on it.

Also, looks like there's a red dragon-like snakeman in the green vehicle similar to what Vertea posted some time ago.

Heh Heh Heh... Totally called it. AND the cobra!

About that green Ninja: The four protagonists will learn that one of them will become the powerful green ninja thats destined to fight a great battle. This leads to the group being divided. Which I think opens up for an intresting storyline.

So depending on Lego's plans with this theme we might not see that green ninja next year at all..

Okay, being a Ninja purist, I have never been impressed with Ninjago in general. I do enjoy some of the elements like Sensei Wu's Gi and beard. The Shinto styled archways and the awesome torso provided for the female. Here is my take after a long study of the leaked photos.

Ninjas in jets - If they were placing a modern ninja element ( Agents-like) I'd be okay with it. But, just like the first series of this theme, they are obviously in a feudal era Japanese setting. My Ninjas will stay on foot or riding an animal of some sort thanks. The various vehicles will provide a nice upgrade to my parts bin or interesting new parts for my Agents. Aside from the car, they look well done and even then, the car looks like it can be tweaked some.

New Gi - Although I was happy when I found out that the Ninjas returned to the LU, I wasn't too happy about the Gi they got. Gold dragons are not my thing personally. However it looks like aside from the Kendo armor ( ? ) the Gi underneath looks to be almost a reverse of the "99" Ninja Gi so along with the reuse of the original headwrap found in the PoP and Indy lines, we may be able to increase the Clan's numbers affordably.

Snakemen - Okay, some of you may disagree with my statments about the gold dragons on the gi from the previous sets, and I'm sure there will be some who dislike the Snakemen. I'm diggin on 'em. Why? The head pieces I won't comment on just yet, I'd like to handle them first, but the torsos and heads themselves I am really happy with. My Ninja setting doesn't revolve around Ninja VS this or that, I am more traditional about that with my clan wars. But the various enemies they have introduced seems to be well suited for the theme as it is presented and the youngsters will love the play value here.

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to the release. I love the boat, kinda steampunk-ish Ninja. And if mine eyes don't play me false, we get a gold straw hat. The Snakemen temple looks to provide some interesting pieces as well and I love that the ninja have sai now as well. Nice job overall I think.

Just my 2 cents.

M

Edited by Eldervampire

The only pics I could find were tiny so I only got to really see the boat, and I must say from what I saw it's underwhelming. I'll wait until better pics to make a final judgement.

EDIT: Bigger pics! I will say now that I like that boat! The spinners are also pretty good, especially the Kendo guys! :wub: I saw no Confidential labels so I posted them here.

Edited by K-nut

The confidential labels are all over the pics :/ . However, linking to pages containing those images is supposedly fine. What we can't do is hotlink the confidential images (link directly to them).

Heh Heh Heh... Totally called it. AND the cobra!

*Applause*

I suspect there will be at least one more wave, because it seems that Zane is the only ninja without his own vehicle.

I still really like the snake vehicles. They're much more angular than I expected, and the colour scheme is nice. :classic:

*Applause*

I suspect there will be at least one more wave, because it seems that Zane is the only ninja without his own vehicle.

I still really like the snake vehicles. They're much more angular than I expected, and the colour scheme is nice. :classic:

Zane actually does have his own vehicle-- in the snake truck set he has a small snowmobile. I find it strangely hilarious that the year after he had the smallest of the four dragons, he gets the smallest of the four vehicles. Let's all hold a pity party for Zane! :tongue:

The confidential labels are all over the pics :/ . However, linking to pages containing those images is supposedly fine. What we can't do is hotlink the confidential images (link directly to them).

What confident-

:blush:

... Meh.

I liked the original Skeleton sets better. I probably won't be getting any of these. The only ones I'm considering are that Snake ATV Truck thing (the one with Zane's tiny snowmobile) and/or Cole's Batmobile looking thing (set 9444).

But otherwise, I really don't like the direction this is going in. I can't believe they even stuck with the Lloyd Garmadon idea. Plus, I don't really like the Ninja vehicles as it detracts from the fact that these guys are supposed to be Ninjas. Dragons made much more sense.

I don't know, I'll wait and see how I like them later.

Kalhiki

Zane actually does have his own vehicle-- in the snake truck set he has a small snowmobile. I find it strangely hilarious that the year after he had the smallest of the four dragons, he gets the smallest of the four vehicles. Let's all hold a pity party for Zane! :tongue:

Jay had the biggest dragon and now he has the biggest machine.

One thing that has got me questioning the set pictures is how come, in the Rattle Copter picture, its shooting snakes towards Lloyd Garmadon instead of Kai. Does this mean Lloyd is fighting on the ninjas side?

Edit: Also i translated the writing on Coles vehicle; it means transformation(as we already can guess by the picture). Although i can't seem to tell what it transforms into exactly :wacko:

Edited by Housey98

One thing that has got me questioning the set pictures is how come, in the Rattle Copter picture, its shooting snakes towards Lloyd Garmadon instead of Kai. Does this mean Lloyd is fighting on the ninjas side?

Edit: Also i translated the writing on Coles vehicle; it means transformation(as we already can guess by the picture). Although i can't seem to tell what it transforms into exactly :wacko:

I noticed that too. And I also noticed that the four armed Garmadon is attacking the flying boat. Also, I think Cole's vehicle "transforms" (I can't say it transforms, because you basically reverse the vehicle, nothing complex) into a bigger vehicle, but I'm not so sure about that because you only turn the vehicle upside-down (That's so...original)

Edited by Jouster

Nah, I think it's just a bad composition. To me it looks it shooting at the snakemen visible at the left edge of the picture.

Yep, At least Kai, Cole and Jay's vehicles can transform. But it's more a transformation of apperance than turning into a completely different vehicle.

Yep, At least Kai, Cole and Jay's vehicles can transform. But it's more a transformation of apperance than turning into a completely different vehicle.

What is the change of appearance meant to represent? E.g. Land vehicle to Water vehicle. What do the transformations of Kai's and Jay's vehicles look like?