Actually, there were two green ninja in the old Ninja theme, both exclusive to this minifigure pack. One was male and one was female. And anyway, I don't think the past Ninja theme can be counted on for hints about future minifigures, since Ninjago is a heavily story-based theme and the previous Ninja theme was far less story-based.

One thing that surprises me is that Zane doesn't have any sets with his name in them. However, set names can be unreliable for telling you the set's actual contents-- if you were to look at the set names for this year's Ninjago sets without knowing their contents, you might think there was no set with a fire dragon, and no spinner set for Jay or Frakjaw. It could be that Zane will have a vehicle in some set facing off against the snake people in a set that has their name and not his-- or, alternatively, he may not have any vehicles until the second wave, since I doubt a theme so successful would not have a summer wave planned.

I'm kind of curious what the ninja minifigures will be like in this theme. Will they wear their normal outfits or DX outfits from this year? Will they start out in already-existing outfits, and then get new outfits later, just as the ninjas this year started in the normal outfits and moved on to the DX outfits? Or will they start out with brand-new outfits to keep the character designs fresh?

hey- I've got that middle ninja's torso! I found it in a bag of legos at my local thrift store.

Anyway, I would really like to see some elemental weapons for our ninjas- like for Zane, something trnas-blue, and for Kai, trans-red etc.

As far as our protagonist's outfits goes, I'm hoping to see something new- something that shows they've graduated and are masters of their art. Perhaps a gold printing of their elemental insignia?

Whatever happens, I really hope they lose the whole names-on-the-backs-of-their-robes dealio. It makes it very hard to use those awesome dragon torsos for anything else.

Does anyone think that lyoid will have reptilian armor like garmadon had skellie armor?

About the ninjas having vehicles, I don't know what to think. Jay's is the one I'm the most excited for because the lightning dragon was epic. And what kinds of vehicles will they have? So many questions. :grin:

Hopefully it will be Zane. White Ninjas are really boring to me. But I love that old green Ninja! :wub_drool:

I hope not, I've only got two Zanes. Cole would fit best, and the colour scheme would also change. Red, blue, white and green... might work?

"Destiny's Bounty" sounds very piratey. Looks like the only building is the Venomari Shrine, but that sounds like a small set.

There are less sets than I expected. I suppose that means another wave is in order. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

Are there any prelim pictures out? I noticed a couple snake tail pieces online but I doubt it's genuine as they were parts I hadn't seen before.

Are there any prelim pictures out? I noticed a couple snake tail pieces online but I doubt it's genuine as they were parts I hadn't seen before.

Link?

The snake tails are most likely genuine as they come from a site that leaked other things and was shut down by TLG.

Don't you understand? Maybe,just maybe, the green Ninja is Lloyd Garmadon! It would make sense! He is the leader of the Snakeman and Snakes will be probably green!

Don't you understand? Maybe,just maybe, the green Ninja is Lloyd Garmadon! It would make sense! He is the leader of the Snakeman and Snakes will be probably green!

No, it specifically says that the green Ninja is an upgrade. Lloyd ( :sick: ) has never been released so it won't be him.

No, it specifically says that the green Ninja is an upgrade. Lloyd ( :sick: ) has never been released so it won't be him.

:hmpf: Forgot about that...I don't see any ninja to get another colour,thats a bad ideia,I hope it doesn't happen :devil: ...and Lloyd,will he get a proper villain name? Tune on next episode to find out :grin: !

All righty! We're so very close to seeing prelims, so I think it's about time we start predictions!

I'd like to see drawings, sketches, ideas and such of what you guys think we'll see. What do you think the snake man will look like? What about Lloyd Garmadon?

I think this will be a fun way to pass the time until we see some real stuff, and when we DO see it, we can compare what we guessed and see who guessed right!

Personally, I'm gonna try my hand at some quick sketches of what I'm thinking the snake people might look like.

What do you guys think?

Kay... here's a VERY rough sketch I did on Paint a couple of minutes ago.

please note that this is only what I THINK the snakemen will look like, and not an actual representation of something existing... that I know of.

Clicky to see

this head mold is more like the classic dragon, but I like it. The real thing will probably look much different, but I think the idea will remain similar:

Molded printed head, printed body, printed snake tail.

I'm thinking of coming up with five different heads for each color, since that's probably what LEGO will do.

As far as I recall from the leaked photo, the tail part actually is "multi-tail", more like medusa style...

As far as I recall from the leaked photo, the tail part actually is "multi-tail", more like medusa style...

Which leaked photo? The one I saw showed a singular tail, though multiples would be kind of neat.

But if we really wanted multiple tails, wouldn't we just use the tentacles from Atlantis/Alien Conquest?

EDIT:

Just did two more sketches- the purple and red snake people.

TWO SNAKES?

Edited by ---Vertea---

Well, the pic I've seen had 5 tails, each individual and similar to vertea's drawings. They were dark blue, black, purple, red, and dark green. To see the pic, google Ninjago 2012 and it should be near the top. Does anyone know if it's real or not?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edit: Sorry, I'm wrong, What saw was not a leaked pic. I didn't read it properly. Here's the link so that others don't make the same mistake.

Either way, this is super exciting and I hope to see some real prelim pics!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Well, the pic I've seen had 5 tails, each individual and similar to vertea's drawings. They were dark blue, black, purple, red, and dark green. To see the pic, google Ninjago 2012 and it should be near the top. Does anyone know if it's real or not?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Ohhhh I see what you mean! :facepalm:

You mean five different coloured tails not one piece with five tails!

if you look at EXOFORCE theme

The 4 heroes: takeshi, hayato, hikaru, & ryo all have 3 different torsos each.

...where as the current ninjago ninjas only have 2 different torsos each.

So to make the 2012 wave of sets more interesting it would be wise to introduce 4 new torsos, as this would definitely be good on the sales, as most people are more willing to buy if they are getting something new. Buying a new set with minifigs that you already have isnt as exciting as fresh new minifigs that you don't have.

Of note, also from EXOFORCE the master Keiken is like sensei Wu, and the girl Hitomi is like Nya...& the robots are like the skeletons. Can see the similarities from the 2 themes. so the trend may follow.

Maybe my memory just faded. The snake tail part could be the one shown on the Lowlug forum, and I got the impression they were "medusa" because of seeing many tails. But, yes, the leaked picture I was talking about was from taobao, the Chinese equivalent of eBay.

Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe my memory just faded. The snake tail part could be the one shown on the Lowlug forum, and I got the impression they were "medusa" because of seeing many tails. But, yes, the leaked picture I was talking about was from taobao, the Chinese equivalent of eBay.

Sorry for the confusion.

no worries, man.

I really wish I had save a picture of that spinner part I saw on taobao... it looked kind of like a lego beyblade lol.

So to make the 2012 wave of sets more interesting it would be wise to introduce 4 new torsos, as this would definitely be good on the sales, as most people are more willing to buy if they are getting something new. Buying a new set with minifigs that you already have isnt as exciting as fresh new minifigs that you don't have.

Of note, also from EXOFORCE the master Keiken is like sensei Wu, and the girl Hitomi is like Nya...& the robots are like the skeletons. Can see the similarities from the 2 themes. so the trend may follow.

Actually I believe the ninjas will get two new torsos each next year. They also get two new headgears each as well..

It's true, there are some major parallels. Of course, regarding torso decorations, the parallels end there. Exo-Force just had one torso design per character per year, whereas Ninjago had two for each main character in just the first year. Also, the torso designs in Exo-Force's first year were sometimes shared between characters, whereas each ninja has a unique torso design.

It's also interesting to note similar parallels between Exo-Force and Knights' Kingdom before it. It seems that a cast of four hero minifigures is a popular choice for TLG's System storylines, just as a cast of six hero characters per story cycle is the norm in constraction themes like Hero Factory and BIONICLE.

I always find myself wondering if the characterization in LEGO endeavors like The Adventures of Clutch Powers and the Ninjago sets is better than in the Hero Factory episodes because of the smaller cast of main characters. The writing could also be a factor, though.

Actually I believe the ninjas will get two new torsos each next year. They also get two new headgears each as well..

Thanks for the info! I wonder what new headgear is involved... any chance of their regular hair pieces? That'd be really cool in an official set.

hey mirandir, I was wondering if there is any way you could nudge us in the right direction in regards to finding these pictures? Right now, you're probably the only person who knows anything so far, which is odd for this time of year...

So after Lloyd Garmadon :hmpf_bad: , is it going to be Laura Garmadon and her evil makeup men :laugh: ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg