Oky

2012 LEGO Boardgames Rumours & Discussion

The "Battle of Hoth" game looks difficult to customize. The attack ranges rely heavily on the board layout to balance them.

Thanks for sharing the playing instructions! I downloaded the building instructions, but they never put the playing instruction for download. I'm still hoping to buy this through a friend, but now, if I really wanted to, I could build something like it and play.

I picked up the Battle Of Hoth the other day, built it last night and had a quick game before I had to rush off. I see it could take on a similar approach to chess. Difference being that the board, pieces & objective are all customisable. I had fun playing by myself... haha. Curiously, it says 2 or 4 players but really it's 2 teams of however many on a team. This could be a plus or a minus, compared to eg Heroica where you originally have up to 6 individual players*, you could actually have 4, 5 or more people on each team if you built a big enough board and had enough troops for everyone to get involved before the game is over. 32 microfigs sounds a lot, but for the game's play it doesn't seem to be overkill.

*with a suitably modified board you can have as many players as you want of course...

Someone posted this link over on the facebook Heroica fan site:http://www.bbcw.com/product.php?productid=23560&cat=&page=14

The description for Ilrion says:

"Coming from Lego.

Heroica is a new series of exciting adventure games that can be played seperately or combined into an even greater game experience! Continue your adventure in the world of Heroica with new heroes, potions and treasure. Its up to you to locate the Catacombs, fight your way past the vicious bats and lumbering zombies, and defeat the vampire lord to rescue the king!

This release features:

Lego Games - Heroica Ilrion.

2-3 players.

240 pieces.

Ages 7+

SKU LEGO3874

RELEASE: AUGUST 2012"

So that confirms details of the monsters being Zombies (which obviously ties in with the Catacomb theme) and a vampire Lord! Remains to be seen what the extra game mechanics will be (potions, traps and the giant bat thing!).

Anyone know when Kokoriko and Mini-Tauras are coming out?

Can't wait for the Heroica expansion!

Well... They're both available here in Austria (and I'm sure in Germany also).

They're also available via S@H here.

Anyone knows anything about the Heroica Ganrash mini expansion?

Is this something still to be released or promotional stuff (which probably will never be available to me except for eBay)?

Edited by Cerator

Anyone know when Kokoriko and Mini-Tauras are coming out?

They've been out here for about a month, along with City Alarm & Battle Of Hoth. My Mum told me she has bought them already, she is addicted to Lego board games at the moment! I'm still beating her, but only because of multiples for MOCs...

Anyone knows anything about the Heroica Ganrash mini expansion?

Is this something still to be released or promotional stuff (which probably will never be available to me except for eBay)?

I don't like the chances for most of us regarding that one unfortunately, but I could be wrong (hopefully).

*sigh* Looks like those three board games are not coming to the U.S. :sing: Makes me sad because I'm trying to collect all the board games. I really like them! Gonna have to start looking for the best prices, but shipping's gonna gauge me. :sad:

I happened to be in my local toy shop yesterday and noticed that they did not have any of the new 2012 board games, so I asked about them. The owner said: "Yeah, well, the lego board games sell so poorly that we will not sell them anymore."

I live in Holland, so I can alway order them on the internet, but I alway thought they sold well, but maybe this is not the case, or maybe just not where I live.

I happened to be in my local toy shop yesterday and noticed that they did not have any of the new 2012 board games, so I asked about them. The owner said: "Yeah, well, the lego board games sell so poorly that we will not sell them anymore."

I live in Holland, so I can alway order them on the internet, but I alway thought they sold well, but maybe this is not the case, or maybe just not where I live.

I think it's hit or miss as to whether the board games are doing well. In certain places, they may not sell at all, maybe because of lack of advertising.

On another note, Kokoriko and Mini-Taurus will not be sold in the U.S., but they are listed on Amazon.com right now from the same seller. If you buy them together, shipping is combined. I got the two for $50 with shipping.

med_gallery_6705_159_50261.jpgmed_gallery_6705_159_7912.jpg

I'll update the first post some time tonight :thumbup:

*sigh* Looks like those three board games are not coming to the U.S. :sing: Makes me sad because I'm trying to collect all the board games. I really like them! Gonna have to start looking for the best prices, but shipping's gonna gauge me. :sad:

I ordered some of them off of the french amazon site using google chrome trnslation. they shipped for about 10.00 to the us and the price was very reasonable.

I ordered some of them off of the french amazon site using google chrome trnslation. they shipped for about 10.00 to the us and the price was very reasonable.

I was actually able to get the three board games not released in the U.S. :laugh:

Amazon.com had a listing for Mini-Taurus and Kokoriko. I had some Amazon points and gift cards so I ended up paying $20 cash for both, not a bad deal.

As for the Star Wars Hoth game, a friend was able to get it for us using the UK Amazon discount. Shipping of course brought it back up so my total was about $47. A bit much, but better than it could have been otherwise.

I'm looking forward to Ilrion, though I hope it's not the end. There are other new locations on the map online, but it could be that these games are not doing as well as LEGO wanted so they're cancelling the other ones... I'm hoping not. I'm hoping they're just spreading them out so as not to inundate the market like their first few waves of games. Well, only time will tell.

Ilrion bugs me a little bit. The spartan decoration doesn't really evoke the feel of what the scene is supposed to be as well as the other sets do. The figures are great. The vampire's lair is pretty great. But this is a catacombs converted to a sewer system, or something? Because "catacombs" does not equal "flooded" - that's only in Spielberg's Venice.

Are the pumps specifically trying to flush out the undead? Because that's probably a good idea. It also makes sense to have the vampire around with zombies rising out of the catacombs, I'm sure he's responsible anyway. and maybe we're trying to flush him out and can't get to him, which is why we're traveling down there anyway, and why his room is so starkly different from the rest of the board.

But that's a bit too much backstory for this little board game, right? The catacombs don't really have any visual cues to say "these are ancient burial tunnels." The secondary water color is a little too evocative of ice.

eh, whatever. Still getting it as soon as i see it :tongue:

Sadly it looks like final stage, with boss and king :( But as I said- there are two new heroes!

I hope not! The in-game map implied there was at least three more stages, unless they've decided to cut the plans short. Looks about the same price as Waldurk and Nathuz?

The Vampire, Zombies and new heroes are exciting additions. I wonder what the new powers will be? (as there doesn't appear to be any new weapons).

Edited by andhe

Ilrion bugs me a little bit. The spartan decoration doesn't really evoke the feel of what the scene is supposed to be as well as the other sets do. The figures are great. The vampire's lair is pretty great. But this is a catacombs converted to a sewer system, or something? Because "catacombs" does not equal "flooded" - that's only in Spielberg's Venice.

Are the pumps specifically trying to flush out the undead? Because that's probably a good idea. It also makes sense to have the vampire around with zombies rising out of the catacombs, I'm sure he's responsible anyway. and maybe we're trying to flush him out and can't get to him, which is why we're traveling down there anyway, and why his room is so starkly different from the rest of the board.

But that's a bit too much backstory for this little board game, right? The catacombs don't really have any visual cues to say "these are ancient burial tunnels." The secondary water color is a little too evocative of ice.

eh, whatever. Still getting it as soon as i see it :tongue:

The pump must be to activate the bridge, no?

Next to the weapons there's the missing pieces to make a bridge (in front of the "jail")

Seems like a number of people over on the Heroica Facebook Fan group have been able to pick up the new Ilrion set from TRU.

The new characters are a Sage (white) who can pick up one items up to 4 spaces away, and a prince (dark blue) who when he defeats a monster can move up to 2 spaces. The green potion is defensive and can be used to prevent any loss on your turn.

The zombies are strength 2, vampire bats are strength 1, the vampire lord is strength 3. The giant vampire bat is strength 4 and it has it’s own health bar. The 'coffins' are the barriers of the game, if you roll a Skull you lose 1 health and move back one as normal, but also vampire bat on top of the coffin.

The relic is the Fang of Fury which can be used as a melee skill. You defeat the monster and gain 1 health.

(Thank you to Ted on Facebook for the info).

Edited by andhe

Thank you for this information! But I can't find Heroica facebook page, could you send me a link?

The Ilrion set... I can't wait to get it! The sage and Prince have pretty nice powers!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I'll be picking up Ilrion tomorrow, and I willing to to take pictures. (WARNING: pictures will not be of very good quality.) the sage and princes powers sound like overkill, don't you need to roll shield? I'm going to be changing it so it costs one HP to use their powers. other than that, a boss with a health bar, an interesting relic, and a king that does absolutely nothing at all, this is a great game.

PS: didn't Lego say that this was our year for Heroica sets?

I'll be picking up Ilrion tomorrow, and I willing to to take pictures. (WARNING: pictures will not be of very good quality.) the sage and princes powers sound like overkill, don't you need to roll shield? I'm going to be changing it so it costs one HP to use their powers. other than that, a boss with a health bar, an interesting relic, and a king that does absolutely nothing at all, this is a great game.

Yes you still need to roll a shield to use the special ability. I don't have Ilrion but am guessing that my 'magic bar' rule should still work (each hero starts with 4 'magic' similar to health. On rolling a shield you can either use your magic or regenerate it. Each magic point either counts as a hit point (where enemies have health to the value of their strength) or life point in the case of the druid/staff).

PS: didn't Lego say that this was our year for Heroica sets?

I'd forgotten they had said that! I hope they have plans for something big, as one new set hardly counts as 'our year'... Maybe some grand finale set? With all heroes, new monsters and a final big boss.

I'd forgotten they had said that! I hope they have plans for something big, as one new set hardly counts as 'our year'... Maybe some grand finale set? With all heroes, new monsters and a final big boss.

Maybe, If thats what we want, Maybe we could see The Rift as a possible set. It's mentioned vaguely in the goblin kings and werewolves profiles, I'm envisioning a dark place full of lightning and swarming with monsters, as a 50-dollar mega-set it would work quite well.