Look at what came guys! I'll have the review done soon.

6337211035_49e84aa8cd_o.jpg

Arg! Double jealous, Dino set, one I want most, and Shadow ARF. Damn you.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Look at what came guys! I'll have the review done soon.

6337211035_49e84aa8cd_o.jpg

ARGH! I need to see that review! Can`t wait to get my hands on some of these sets!

Got 5885 Triceratops Trapper, 5886 T-Rex Hunter, and 5887 Dino Defense HQ yesterday. Only had time to build 5886 and open the rest just to see the dinos, and from these brief interactions I have to share that these are truly fun sets with some great pieces. I may not get the others because these three have what I need, but I will share that, after building 5886, I may end up getting another one of these sets at the next buy-one-get-one 50% sale at TRU for the Tyrannosaurus (which I love), the black minifig torso with the cool utility vest that could be used for custom figs across themes (eg sci-fi, steam punk, post-apoc, military, etc), the cool tires, and the black crossbar/railing pieces. (There are other fun pieces in there as well.) Oh! And there was some question a while back as to whether the tranquilizer on the rifle was removable...it is and can be replaced with other pieces such as a lightsaber handle for a scope.

The truck itself is very cool as designed. I love the unique shape of it. The trap cage is really fun.

I foresee many MOC mechs with dinosaur heads, a la the Ostrich phenomenon, since the connection is a basic Technic pin. These heads are very cool (the larger dinos). Very poseable. The mouths of the t-Rexs have a cool clicking feature. One could argue that the overall aesthetic of the dinos is too detailed. I see it. However I think they look great and don't contrast too much with the minifigs, especially in light of the ever evolving look and the infusion of more and more detail.

Can't wait to read folks' reviews to get their takes.

Having bought the HQ set and building, I must say that this theme is one of TLG's best in a while, in respect to other action themes. The figs are great, and the Dinos are so much more better than the ones from the old Dino theme. The raptor in particular is my favorite. The set itself reminds me a lot of the King's Castle from the Kingdoms theme, because of the way it is set up, and how you can arange the building sections however you want. I originally was only gonna buy this set, but now having seen the set built and everything, I'm probably gonna buy all the other sets, just so I can have an army of Dinos.

On a side note, I have noticed something about the Dino's colors. If someone bought all the sets, they could evenly split all the Dino's up so to have a good team and a bad team. The good team would consist of the T-Rex from the HQ set, the triceratops, the green raptor, and the little raptor from the smallest set of the theme. The bad team would have all the rest. Just a neat thought.

Can't wait to read the first reviews. I really hope that Dino sells well enough that Lego decides to give us a second wave.

I picked up 4 of the sets a few days ago and am really impressed with it all. I'd love to try my hand at a review but only have the camera on my phone, so photos probably wouldn't be up to par. Let me know if you guys think it's worth trying out on one of the smaller sets!

I hadn't bought many legos since I was a kid, but the one two punch of Atlantis and now dinosaurs brought me back in(my favorite legos were the Aquazone etc themes, and dinosaurs are my area of study). Been reading over these forums for some months now, but with the Dinos arriving in stores I just had to chime in.

My favorite set has to be the Tower Takedown, which reminds me so much of an older comic series and cartoon, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, where someone lures Pteranodons to a bell tower with a bunch of fish. I've seen this set get overlooked in favor of the (awesome) vehicles and HQ, but to me this is everything the theme has to offer in an extremely small and well designed package. Add an aquatic dino to it for even more fun.

Just had the e-mail from my friend in Boston. My order from Lego in the US has reached him and he is redirecting it to me Wednesday or Thursday.

Been looking at the videos on youtube and I think these sets will be quite a hit with my kids. Hopefully the box makes it through customs in the UK unscathed and untaxed........

For information I ordered 5882 - Ambush Attack

5884 - Raptor Chase

5885 - Triceratops Trapper

5887 - Dino Defense Headquarters

Life is beautiful :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Vh_Am4VHs

EDIT:This guy has reviewed all sets :D

I was just about to share that link - watched all of them last night. They look good, and the guy does a fair job of reviewing them, which is good - though he does tend to say "so yeah" every few seconds. Much better than most " teh first on yootube!!!11!!" reviews, though and it's certainly convinced me to buy the chopper and I also didn't realise that the Triceratops transporter had a removable cage on the back.

In all fairness, the reviewer appears to be about 10 or under. Still, that is an annoying habit of his.

Want the HQ!

Anyone seen these in Target yet?

I went there Sunday and there weren't any, tough TRU has them and Ninjago, I think.

In all fairness, the reviewer appears to be about 10 or under. Still, that is an annoying habit of his.

Want the HQ!

Ha, I'm in a coffee shop so I'm not listening to audio, wouldn't have guessed. I'm just realizing I could do video reviews. I always find myself grabbing a new set and feeling guilty for not doing a review but I don't have the time, and video reviews are appreciated, helpful, easy. hmm.

Had that ponytail escaped the collectible minifigures line yet? Also I find myself wondering why I hadn't seen that rotor configuration yet. Makes more sense than having the blades hinged off the piece where they can flop and flail, guess I never thought about the pieces having room for that arrangement.

And I still say they need a couple goats in there for good measure. Gotta keep those dinos well fed.

And I still say they need a couple goats in there for good measure. Gotta keep those dinos well fed.

T-rex doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. deino2.gif

T-rex doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. deino2.gif

Duly noted. :tongue:

Anyway, I don't think that there need to be goats in the sets, at least, not when there are so many tasty humans around.deino2.gif

(I hope you don't mind I used your image Deinonychus. :blush: )

Okay since my review will take about another day, what kind of teaser picture would you guys like?

How about ratings? :sweet:

Masked, take a picture of the T-Rex eating a minifig :devil:

And post the ratings in minifig blood! :grin: