You think thats big? Meet this guy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentinasaurus

He is quite small really.

I thought we were talking about marine reptiles. Land reptiles have no relevance in this discussion. :tongue:

Btw, I meant by Liopleurodon the one from Walking With Dinosaurs. Now that I look at the wiki page, I see that the biggest one was just over 30 feet. Not sub-biting-in-half material. :hmpf_bad: / :cry_sad:

I thought we were talking about marine reptiles. Land reptiles have no relevance in this discussion. :tongue:

Btw, I meant by Liopleurodon the one from Walking With Dinosaurs. Now that I look at the wiki page, I see that the biggest one was just over 30 feet. Not sub-biting-in-half material. :hmpf_bad: / :cry_sad:

Heck with it, Lego should go all out and give us a Dino set with Predator X! *oh2*

Dykker_og_hval.jpg

Edited by Suspsy

Errr... I think that some of you want to see such a dinosaur in Dino Theme.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6721-1

I remember this theme from presschool :P That was awesome. They'd make babies like these!

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7000-1

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7001-1

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7002-1

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7003-1

There was also T-Rex, Brachiosaurus and Styracosaurus. I've got 2 of them :P But, yep. I think that they'd make these dino-babies. So sweet :3

Edited by MakutaNocturn

So who else saw the comic in the new LEGO magazine?

I saw it! Lego usually features a teaser for new themes in the last magazine of the year, so I was expecting something like that.

Its too bad they had all action theme villains side with the aliens, it would have been more interesting to have them band together to fight against the extraterrestrial threat.

Its a shame Lego took the black and white view that all bad guys should be on the same side just because they're evil.

Interesting concept of bringing the themes together though.

You think thats big? Meet this guy- http://en.wikipedia....Argentinasaurus

He is quite small really.

I'll see your Argentinasaurus and raise you an Amphicoelias...

Observe

Edited by Mikeosaurus

I haven't kept up with this theme as closely as some others even though I love dinosaurs (who doesn't?); there's just too much LEGO to spread my attention around on. :cry_sad: But I have to say I think these look great (even if the dinosaurs aren't necessarily quite up-to-date; for the record, I'll have no trouble imagining feathers and hair and the like on the appropriate creatures in my own collection, as warranted - it's pretty much what we have to do with other LEGO critters anyway, after all), and I love the designs.

I wanted the Dino Attack / Dino 2010 line, but never got any of those sets, so this theme revisitation is a welcome "second chance" for me. I do intend to throw these animals and the ones from my Adventurers Dino Island, Dinosaurs (early 2000s) and Jurassic Park sets together, for greatest variety; while the different themes' and eras' dinosaurs (and other prehistoric fauna) do reflect different design aesthetics and whatnot, for me I think there's probably just enough stylistic continuity that they'll work fine together. Part of me wonders whether some of those older elements might be resurrected in this theme at some point, though - I could see something like the Dino Island pterosaur being included in a Dino promo polybag, say.

I'd like to see an all-out rumble between the Dino Attack and the Dino Tyrannosaurus rexes.

I'd like to see an all-out rumble between the Dino Attack and the Dino Tyrannosaurus rexes.

Hehe, I was thinking of making a series of MOC match-ups between my Dino Attack and my Dino sets. (Not that I have the Dino sets yet, but I will get them. :wink: )

Wow these sets are awesome. Im undecided on the colour choice its alright but, its definitely not what I would have chosen. the dinosaurs are impressive and the coelophysis was an unexpected treat. I will probably get most of these sets. I have been waiting for a new dino theme since dino attack/2010 i didnt like those dinos they looked cool when I bought them at least the vehicls were good lol. I checked the website too its not that great it just shows a slide show and some other things like with pharaohs quest but, Unlike pharaohs quest its not a very exciting site.

Hmmm, 638....

Type it into the calculator on the homepage. Then you get a video of 3 hunters finding a T-rex. The smiling, beat-up guy from the Celeophysis set appears to have a double-sided face. Not sure about the others.

Type it into the calculator on the homepage. Then you get a video of 3 hunters finding a T-rex. The smiling, beat-up guy from the Celeophysis set appears to have a double-sided face. Not sure about the others.

Umm, what calculator? :wacko:

Edit: Don't worry, found it :wink:

Edited by Housey98

I wanted the Dino Attack / Dino 2010 line, but never got any of those sets, so this theme revisitation is a welcome "second chance" for me. I do intend to throw these animals and the ones from my Adventurers Dino Island, Dinosaurs (early 2000s) and Jurassic Park sets together, for greatest variety; while the different themes' and eras' dinosaurs (and other prehistoric fauna) do reflect different design aesthetics and whatnot, for me I think there's probably just enough stylistic continuity that they'll work fine together. Part of me wonders whether some of those older elements might be resurrected in this theme at some point, though - I could see something like the Dino Island pterosaur being included in a Dino promo polybag, say.

The Jurassic Park raptors are a far cry from the Dino versions... :laugh:

I saw it! Lego usually features a teaser for new themes in the last magazine of the year, so I was expecting something like that.

Its too bad they had all action theme villains side with the aliens, it would have been more interesting to have them band together to fight against the extraterrestrial threat.

Its a shame Lego took the black and white view that all bad guys should be on the same side just because they're evil.

Interesting concept of bringing the themes together though.

Ooooh, theme crossover? Can you tell me more?

TC

TC

Haven't seen the original comic myself, but the artist has the art w/o dialogue on his Flickr photostream. You can get a pretty good idea from that what's going on.

I kinda like it; it reminds me of the similar holiday crossovers for LEGO Alpha Team in 2004 and for Time Cruisers in 1996. Even knowing that the main objective is "advertise as many sets as you can in this ONE MAGAZINE", it's always amusing to see LEGO characters on a zanier, more playful level.

Haven't seen the original comic myself, but the artist has the art w/o dialogue on his Flickr photostream. You can get a pretty good idea from that what's going on.

I kinda like it; it reminds me of the similar holiday crossovers for LEGO Alpha Team in 2004 and for Time Cruisers in 1996. Even knowing that the main objective is "advertise as many sets as you can in this ONE MAGAZINE", it's always amusing to see LEGO characters on a zanier, more playful level.

I enjoy Lego crosovers too! It's a fact that Lego universe is full of diferent worlds and themes.

And the Dino site creeps me out... The radio noises, roars...

TC

The comic features the aliens bringing together villains from this year's action themes such as Amset-Ra and the Atlantis Gaurdians.

The bad guys combine their respective techs to create a robot/walker for their goal of taking over the world(of course!) but they are thwarted in the laziest way imaginable: The Alien Defense Unit has a microchip which tells them the robot's weak point.

That's basically it, a T. Rex from the dino theme has a cameo at the end as the alien's "plan B."

Edited by Mikeosaurus

Final Picture of 5888 Pteranodon Chase from Brickset:

5888-1.jpg

Final Picture of 5888 Pteranodon Chase from Brickset:

5888-1.jpg

Wow, I'm impressed only posted it 3 weeks ago!? *huh*