Here now you could find images without watermark and in 1500+ px (if you click on download hq for 2 and further photos)

get.jpg

get3.jpg

Edited by tkf

Here now you could find images without watermark and in 1500+ px (if you click on download hq for 2 and further photos)

get.jpg

get3.jpg

Nice find. Thank you very much :thumbup:.

Anyone else looking forward to Dino Riders MOCs?:

*snippety do da*

Dude, so awesome!

Why is that fella so concerned with the dinos not having feathers? Is it really that big of a deal that you mention it twice in one post.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Hmm. I had intended to skip on that helicopter set, but that red T.rex looks so awesome.

In fact everything looks awesome, and that's a serious problem for a budget buyer such as myself! In my mind this is definitely the best dinosaur theme TLG has ever made. The vehicles of Dino Attack may have been a tad better than those seen here, but this theme delivers as far as the dinosaurs themselves go and that's one area where prior themes failed miserably. Kudos to the modelers. :thumbup:

Feathered-dinosaur-Anchio-009.jpg

Tyrannosaurus-rex.jpg

Which are YOU more scared of? I don't think feathered dinosaurs would have made very intimidating antagonists. And if you're REALLY that concerned with scientific accuracy, then what you should be asking is why humans with modern vehicles are trying to capture live dinosaurs.

Or you could remember that this is a LEGO theme. :laugh:

Way to misinterpret what I was saying. It all comes down to personal taste, and YES! those feathers DO make them look more intimidating than regular old lizard skin. Especially in the pictures you amply provided...

And I didn't argue in favour of scientific accuracy per se, but that the MAINSTREAM perception of dinosaurs is as watered down to the point where scientific accuracy is actually ridiculed and frowned upon.

With your post habemus corporem (we have the body), meaning: YOU just corroborated my point.

To flesh out my argument in favour of plumed 'saurs being more intimidating: From a modern human's view who knows such animals as reptiles, amphibians, fowl of all kind and one or the other mammal, who has learned at school that dinosaurs were gigantic "terror lizards" (that is what the term "dinosaur" actually means), what do YOU think: wouldn't he be more scared to learn those very same predators that hunt him had feathers like a modern bird instead of the anticipated scaly hide?

No croco-purse for you dino-hunter!

And I also said TLC had made the right decision in omitting feathers at all, and if not only to cater to the picture providing, laughing at plumed dinosaurs crowd *rolls eyes*

And for feathered prehistoric beasts being "not intimidating" (as if modern swans, ostriches and several VERY dangerous birds of prey, including owls, weren't), try these cutey pies for size and ask yourself whether or not you'd like to encounter those...

And to Aanchirs last paragraph concerning my Jurassic Park argument: wouldn't you agree that it actually WAS that very movie that blasted dinosaurs from obscure toys and strange fields of study into the mainstream canon of semi-fictionalised beasts? At least people around me wouldn't have had contact with palaeontology and it's findings, in this case dinosaurs, prior to those movies. You give it's impact on pop culture way too less credit.

Edit again: Concerning the feather points once more: If one does not begin to incorporate scientists' findings into a broader spectrum, here: toys, now WHEN should that happen?

Imagine the following: Little child gets it's dino-toys and is happy to play. All good. Now comes along the great day of having an excursion to a museum where scientists made a good effort to portray their findings (look above) into models, scenes and artistic interpretations. Now the child sees all this and is terribly puzzled as to whether these be falsely represented or it's toys... another world view shattered. I know it from experience as I WAS actually one of those dino-kids that walked into such a museum, having a big book on them under my arm, believing T-Rex' arms had never been found (such claim was in that book) and learning there not only had been found arms of it, but also quite enough to make sure the animals appearance is correct.

To end this: I don't actually think TLC would do itself a favour in campaigning strongly towards scientific accuracy, but it wouldn't hurt it either to strike a compromise, as was mentioned by someone above.

Another edit: This time in favour of the theme (hooray)!

I definitely dig the minifigures! Their vehicles may not strike a nerve with me, but both faces and body prints are very useful. I can also make out at least one that would make for a good castle peasant's clothing. Their new guns and lime green syringes are useful, too.

Edited by Cutty

Way to misinterpret what I was saying. It all comes down to personal taste, and YES! those feathers DO make them look more intimidating than regular old lizard skin. Especially in the pictures you amply provided...

And I didn't argue in favour of scientific accuracy per se, but that the MAINSTREAM perception of dinosaurs is as watered down to the point where scientific accuracy is actually ridiculed and frowned upon.

With your post habemus corporem (we have the body), meaning: YOU just corroborated my point.

To flesh out my argument in favour of plumed 'saurs being more intimidating: From a modern human's view who knows such animals as reptiles, amphibians, fowl of all kind and one or the other mammal, who has learned at school that dinosaurs were gigantic "terror lizards" (that is what the term "dinosaur" actually means), what do YOU think: wouldn't he be more scared to learn those very same predators that hunt him had feathers like a modern bird instead of the anticipated scaly hide?

No croco-purse for you dino-hunter!

And I also said TLC had made the right decision in omitting feathers at all, and if not only to cater to the picture providing, laughing at plumed dinosaurs crowd *rolls eyes*

And for feathered prehistoric beasts being "not intimidating" (as if modern swans, ostriches and several VERY dangerous birds of prey, including owls, weren't), try these cutey pies for size and ask yourself whether or not you'd like to encounter those...

I have spoken.

Good grief... have some free advice: polishing your post on a LEGO forum with vocabulary words like you're preparing a college thesis statement isn't a good use of your time. :hmpf:

And more to the point... I'm surprised that you're more intimidated by the overgrown turkey I posted (I'll admit that it wasn't a very fair comparison), and while I suppose that is more a matter of personal taste, I'll bet you a shiny new nickel that LEGO's target audience disagrees with you.

Besides, even though feathered dinosaurs are still dangerous (I never said they weren't) that doesn't make them scary. You could come up with any number of reasons why giant fluffy reptiles are the scariest beasts imaginable, but as you yourself said, it just conflicts to much with the mainstream perception of dinosaurs. If they more closely resemble a pheasant than a fanged death lizard, it's just not going to have the same appeal to kids (and probably adults too).

Yes, birds can be dangerous. No, that does not make them scarier. I don't know when in this conversation we stopped talking about LEGO and started talking about my respect for feathered predators. I can promise you, though, that LEGO's choice of printing on an unreleased line of toy dinosaurs won't affect that. :classic:

This is seriously off topic... it's probably best to end this discussion before it gets out of control. That seems to happen a lot here. :sceptic:

No more paleontology lectures please. Yes, children will get unrealistic (to a given value of realism seeing as we can't even guess at colouration) viewpoints of what dinosaurs should look like, but then the first exposure many kids get to dinosaurs it t his:

George-dinosaur-plush-nice.gif

That is Gerorge the pig's (Peppa Pig's little brother) toy dinosaur in plush toy form for babies. Most pre-school age children watch Peppa Pig here in the UK, can't vouch for abroad but Barney and many muppets also feature non-realistic cartoon cuddly dinosaurs. Maybe eve Reptar...

These kids do not want raging death machines and are going to be equally entranced at the museum with the realistic dinos as they would be to see a guy in a Dino mascot costume.

Only the stupidist of children would be disenchanted by media representations of dinosaurs not being the same as the real thing. After all, muppets don't live next door, their friends at playgroup don't look like superdeformed cartoons, animals don't talk and rarely do trains have faces, let alone be powered by steam...

So a toy company can make some pretty cool looking dinosaurs without destroying the hopes and dreams of future paleontologists. It might even get the kids into paleontology and as they mature and learn they will easily accept the true state.

As for mainstrea? How long has Brontosaurus been a redundant term? Centuries? How many people still call any sort of long necked dino a Brontosaurus?

Extreme_Dinosaurs_by_nemethpatrik1988.jpg

Imagine this as a theme!

It seems that the smallest one is not that movable as I thought. But its ok, I want 3-4 of them. But this horned dinosaur (Forget a name), This will be amazing addition to my orc army!

Imagine this as a theme!

Don't show this to people that invent NinjaGo sets, they have added snakes, if they see this we could have come into Dinousaur Ninjas :)

I have always wanted Dino Riders based theme from LEGO.

DRSeries1Picture.gif

May be these dinos could be modded to this. We got some studs on dinosaur tops,so we could make a seat with weapons i think.

While the theme looks quite good and the dinosaurs are quite awesome I don't think I will buy any sets as I personally have zero interest in the vehicles. I would have hoped that they would have made at least the smallest set without any vehicle, like in the Pharaoh's Quest, but there's no denying that vehicles are always a selling point to most kids and afols alike... The dinosaurs will probably be very expensive in BrickLink, as the other parts of the sets won't offer much covering for the resellers. :sceptic:

And to Aanchirs last paragraph concerning my Jurassic Park argument: wouldn't you agree that it actually WAS that very movie that blasted dinosaurs from obscure toys and strange fields of study into the mainstream canon of semi-fictionalised beasts? At least people around me wouldn't have had contact with palaeontology and it's findings, in this case dinosaurs, prior to those movies. You give it's impact on pop culture way too less credit.

Dunno, I would disagree with that, to an extent. As I see it the dinosaurs have been a big thing among generations of kids (mostly boys, probably) long before Jurassic Park, which just took an already very popular subject and churned money out of it. Certainly it made dinosaurs all the more popular, but they were well on the map of popular culture before that, too.

I can also make out at least one that would make for a good castle peasant's clothing.

The backseat one in the velociraptor set? Good catch! I'm always on lookout for more Castle-worthy torsos.

edit: How could I forget to praise both Pteranodon and Triceratops for rockin' my socks tonight! Good stuff! I'd like a small contingent of both as mounts for my Castle trolls!

The backseat one in the velociraptor set? Good catch! I'm always on lookout for more Castle-worthy torsos.

:facepalm: Usually I'm always looking out for stuff to add to my Kingdom, but this theme just didn't register as a possibility. I hadn't thought of using the Dinosaurs as mounts, but now I might have a proper excuse for buying some of these sets. Huzzah. :sweet:

As for the strangely-heated feather argument, I would actually prefer if they had some kind of plumage. I know they're more menacing and mainstream this way, but I'm sure Lego could make a good accurate Dinosaur. I just hope the upcoming Jurassic Park reboot/sequel will show them with feathers, and over time, scientifically-accurate Dinosaurs will be the mainstream image. :classic:

Aw, maaaaaaaaaaaan!

You guys just HAD TO mention how much of this stuff could be used for castle/fantasy armies, didntcha?

Dang it!

Now I'm going to be even broker than I was already going to be. *sigh*

Not just castle stuff - I'm noticing that a ton of these minifigs would be absolutely fantastic for steampunk designs. :thumbup: This and the Superhero theme will probably be my focus for this winter.

Precisely the one!

As for that plumage-argument: I will leave it at that, as I did fight enough windmills for the day and also see that there's no ground to be won here. May anyone prefer "naked" 'saurs all the more, I keep to my own preferences. :-)

Be well all!

Cutty

I will add HR images of the new Dino sets in the next day or two!

For now here is a taste.......... Warning picture link to 2000+ pxl. version!

Dino 5888 Pteranodon Chase

a_5888_box_front_800.jpg

c_5888_detail_1_800.jpg

So enjoy for now! and come back soon! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Wow, thanks for the pic, grogall. This set got fanstatic figure. But I'm not happy about nearly everything, except for the figs. Might bl those 2 instead of buying a whole set :sceptic:.

Like White Cat said, those figs are fantastic and extremely useful but the seaplane itself is a little lackluster. I'm not sure exactly what bothers me about it - probably the awkward looking cockpit/front section. But the pterodactyl looks great and this could be a good parts pack if nothing else.

Who knows, it could grow on me. Reviews are always very telling!

Thanks for the fantastic pictures, by the way! :thumbup:

Edited by Algernon

I have two uses for the dinosaurs in mind. I think I already mentioned elsewhere the natural history museum exhibit idea but I also want CMF alien greys rampaging through my city mounted on them. Going to find a way to attach some kind of saddle and reins. and guns. head mounted lasers and side mounted particle disruptor cannons. Only thing I can't decide on is whether to go for the green or brown versions of the dinosaurs. I think it looks weird with them mixed so it's got to be one or the other. At the moment I'm leaning towards brown. Aliens riding armed dinosaurs will be so cool though. :wub_drool:

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Not a bad looking set! I haven't found any info about it on third party retailer sites, unlike the other sets in the theme, so maybe it's a LEGO Exclusive?

I have two uses for the dinosaurs in mind. I think I already mentioned elsewhere the natural history museum exhibit idea but I also want CMF alien greys rampaging through my city mounted on them. Going to find a way to attach some kind of saddle and reins. and guns. head mounted lasers and side mounted particle disruptor cannons. Only thing I can't decide on is whether to go for the green or brown versions of the dinosaurs. I think it looks weird with them mixed so it's got to be one or the other. At the moment I'm leaning towards brown. Aliens riding armed dinosaurs will be so cool though. :wub_drool:

Yeah, brown seems a bit better somehow. But really, you can't go wrong with dinosaur-mounted guns of any sort! :devil:

Edited by Darth Hagrid

Not a bad looking set! I haven't found any info about it on third party retailer sites, unlike the other sets in the theme, so maybe it's a LEGO Exclusive?

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed earlier in the thread - that's why clear pictures haven't surfaced until now. Unfortunately, that may mean it's a little on the pricier side. :sceptic:

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed earlier in the thread - that's why clear pictures haven't surfaced until now. Unfortunately, that may mean it's a little on the pricier side. :sceptic:

From what I've heard, they'll all be a bit pricey. :hmpf_bad: The large dinosaur molds are probably jacking up the price...

I have always wanted Dino Riders based theme from LEGO.

May be these dinos could be modded to this. We got some studs on dinosaur tops,so we could make a seat with weapons i think.

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw these pic's! :laugh:

:oh::oh:

Those sets are AMAZING! :wub: I will get them ALL! I am going to be so broke when I get what I want:

2 Raptor Chase

3 Hideout of Celeophysis

2 Pteranadon Case

2 Hydroplane

1 Triceratops Hunt

1 T-rex Helicoptor

1 Dino Research Station

Add that to most of the Ninjago wave, all the SW sets, the Batman sets, and the 2 Hero Factory, and my wallet is dead. :sing: Sorry wallet. :grin:

Can't wait to see that!

But I like all the variety of these dinosaurs, it could represent different populations of animals or different genders depending on your imagination.

Does anyone out there have any idea if there is a backstory to go with the theme? In the background of the Box Art I can see a city, as well as electrified fences surrounding some of the jungle. Very interested to learn more.