It could be possible that TLC have taken a leap out of Primeval's book. These dinos could have appeared through something similar to anomalies. Of course it won't be anomalies exactly as that would mean licensing but it could be something very similar.

The word anomalies is not owned by ITV or Primeval, plenty of people have used the word anomalies. So it could be done. I missed both Dino attacks and Dino 2010 when they came out ( I had a grim dark days)

I wonder when abouts they are coming out.

A

Dino Attack was a method of selling sets with a violent focus to bloodthirty American rugrats

I did read through this thread far enough to see that Peppermint_M sort of half-heartedly apologized for this disparaging remark. I expect this sort of thing almost everywhere on the internet EXCEPT in a LEGO community where people are generally nice and sensitive and friendly to all people regardless of race or nationality.

As an American on a European LEGO forum, I do expect some Eurocentricity, but never expected that all the children in my country would be described in such a negative light, especially by a moderator whose comments should be expected to model the friendly and accepting community that I believe this forum to be.

An American such as myself could read the store terms of just about any US based Bricklink store that sells to Europeans and conclude that all Europeans are criminals who demand that people in other countries commit serious jail-able crimes by falsifying customs forms so they can cheat on their taxes for something as trivial as the purchase of TOYS, but I prefer to believe that would be an unfair assumption and that there are probably just a very few LEGO fans in Europe who do this and this is not typical of the European LEGO fan. :grin:

Just to show that not all Americans are violent bloodthirsty monsters, our family would never purchase even a Police set for a child and we remove any sort of weapon from any set that we purchase for ourselves. In our LEGO-land, there are no nationalities, no negative stereotypes, and no violence. All people have yellow skin and there are no mean people on the internet.

As for new Dino sets. . . . I would have LOVED them as a kid, but I'll have to wait and see if this theme is something I would like as an adult. I might have to buy a set for my nephew to play with, but only if a minifig fits inside the crushing jaws of a T-rex :grin:

Edited by Yucca Patrol

Oh dear god. Lets not start that up again, we'll be here for days.

When do you think these sets will become available? Typically, by early December, people starts seeing the next wave pop up in stores... I hope that's the case here, I want that jeep.

When do you think these sets will become available? Typically, by early December, people starts seeing the next wave pop up in stores... I hope that's the case here, I want that jeep.

I am unsure on that one. Seeing as the prelims were out this autumn, they can't be for later in the year. Official pictures will be out soon enough and these sneeked catalogue sets often come for Christmas in the US and January in the UK with the rest of Europe varying from country to country.

Sorry Algernon. I know I am late to the party, but I was shocked to see a moderator in a LEGO forum behave this way.

You don't get out much, do you? Honestly, she shouldn't have even apologized as it is, her comment wasn't out of line and if you can't see some truth in it, I don't think you're being exposed to many of your neighbors and their offspring.

As for this being a LEGO forum, yes, it's a LEGO forum. For adults. Adults should be able to see this comment for it's reality. If your child is browsing this site without supervision, they might be offended by some of the things they see, though I doubt they would even notice this particular comment.

And your expectation that Eurobricks might be a little Eurocentric is just as far off. The 5 top members of the staff are French, Belgian, Australian and 2 bloodthirsty Americans, of which I am one. We aren't offended. Toughen up, buttercup or go back to the imaginary world of non-violent vegetarian tea-party throwing dinosaurs that you must be living in if you can imagine this theme not requiring violence to work.

End of discussion. If you'd like to continue this, please feel free to contact me privately, this is not the place for it. Oh, and if you've been storing all of those nasty weapons somewhere, I'd be happy to take them off your hands so that they can be disposed of properly. :grin:

tl;dr: Lighten up, please.

With an official release in January (as that Polish catalogue said), I guess your hopes have a chance of coming true...

It could be late december as the website we got our recent images from clearly states 'December 2011' :wub:

The word anomalies is not owned by ITV or Primeval, plenty of people have used the word anomalies. So it could be done. I missed both Dino attacks and Dino 2010 when they came out

Oops my mistake, when I said licensing I didn't mean the word anomalies. I meant that if TLC went with the idea of portals the look couldn't be the exact same as Primeval's anomalies. :tongue:

Edited by Housey98

I kinda bumped into a representative stocking up TRU for bricktober and it's definitely one of two themes that get officially released before new year's, but I don't remember which month. the other was "Big Bang" which had no logo and I'm sure is just codename placeholdery for Superheroes or something

I kinda bumped into a representative stocking up TRU for bricktober and it's definitely one of two themes that get officially released before new year's, but I don't remember which month. the other was "Big Bang" which had no logo and I'm sure is just codename placeholdery for Superheroes or something

Unless Sheldon and co. have been immortalised in Minifig form :laugh:

(not a fan, just caught a few episodes one evening)

It could be late december as the website we got our recent images from clearly states 'December 2011' :wub:

Oops my mistake, when I said licensing I didn't mean the word anomalies. I meant that if TLC went with the idea of portals the look couldn't be the exact same as Primeval's anomalies. :tongue:

That's fine, it's a common mistake.

I think it will be a Christmas set, ALOT of toys come out then

That's encouraging. I'm surprised that we're potentially less than 2 months away from release, and we haven't even seen any non-prelim shots yet. It really looks like LEGO's cracking down on those leaks this year.

I will probably be having Dinosaur battles on Christmas morning like someone half my age. :sweet:

I'm surprised that we're potentially less than 2 months away from release, and we haven't even seen any non-prelim shots yet. It really looks like LEGO's cracking down on those leaks this year.

Agreed. Heck, we haven't even seen ANY kind of pics of the Superheroes sets which are due to be released around the same time! :wacko:

Just to show that not all Americans are violent bloodthirsty monsters, our family would never purchase even a Police set for a child and we remove any sort of weapon from any set that we purchase for ourselves. In our LEGO-land, there are no nationalities, no negative stereotypes, and no violence. All people have yellow skin and there are no mean people on the internet.

Wow, ignorance; the resolution to all of lifes problems, that couldn't possibly screw up a child. I myself don't mean to be nasty, and I don't know how old your child is, but giving any young, easily influenced child Utopian ideals isn't going to solve any problems. What happens when that perfect world he/she wants ceases to exist? Will he want everything to be perfect, DEMAND everything to be perfect? What if they begin to see that no nationalities, no cultures, no personalities, and all people having the same color skin is best for everyone? Or They can't understand why people don't like them, why others can be so unkind, the poor child can't take the pain, becomes depressed, the world then crashes in on them.

Not to say that would actually happen, and I have no knowledge of your own life, but what you wrote reads as a awfully simplistic way of ignoring wrongs instead of explaining what makes them so.

There is a tendency towards violence in every society, some could say media and peers, social economic stress and other factors cause Americans to have more violent children then Europe and other countries. But really saying something isn't so, especially war and violence, is bad in any part of the world due to its existence in all societies.

Really, in my opinion the more variety and understanding of variety the nicer people will be, I've experienced it myself. That's why I love these colourful Dinos, they have a certain Jurassic Park factor as well.

PS: I apologize for stoking the fire, didn't realize this has been replied to already...

Edited by the last chronicler

'the last chronicler' Didn't we all agree to stop this discussion? Really it helps us nothing with what people should be discussing here;the new Dino theme

Love the closer look at the Headquarters. Seems like a much more substantial base set than most "bases" recently.

And that Triceratops is awesome, in fact all the dinosaurs look fantastic. The minifigs are a real letdown though, very generic.

Not bad at all. The base looks a lot more substantial from this angle. The truck and smallest set both look great too.

This theme seems to be a pretty big win! :thumbup:

EDIT: Some more detailed thoughts:

5882: At first I was 50/50 on this set but now I'm liking it a lot more, even though it hasn't changed much. It seems to be a pretty decent package for $10. The dino and fig are great, and extra foliage is always useful. I think this one is gonna go over well.

5883: Honestly not feeling this set at all. The minifig and pterodactyl are cool, of course, but the set itself is doing nothing for me. It just seems empty, and frankly I'd rather keep my $20.

5884: Still one of the best sets in the theme, although $30 is pushing it a little bit. I love the dinosaur, and the jeep is lovely - it looks nice and bulky. The minifigs are fantastic too (I LOVE the Indiana Jones-esque guy). I'll definitely be picking this up. :thumbup:

5885: I'll admit that it's hard to deny the appeal of a huge, tank-like truck, but I'm not completely sold on this one. I like it, but the likely price tag will probably keep me away. It also needs another minifig.

5886: I still really like that helicopter! It does look pretty empty, though, now that I see it from this angle. It feels a little off-balance. I don't know if real Skycranes look like that, but it still looks slightly off to me. On the whole, though, I'm still pretty interested in this one. Ultimately, the price will make up my mind.

5887: Okay, I take back what I said about this set before. It looks great! I'm loving the high security prison vibe, and the set actually FEELS like a base - something many LEGO HQs lack, even the good ones. The T-Rex looks fantastic with this color scheme (I wish they kept it for 5886) and the smaller vehicles don't look half-bad either. Again, though, LEGO seems to be skimping on minifigs. The exclusive female fig looks great, though, and I imagine a lot of collectors will get the set just for her. Jurassic park vibes galore!

Again, my verdict on this theme is 4/5 :thumbup: s. Some the sets seem overpriced, yes, but on the whole there seems to be a lot of great buys. Can't wait for December!

Edited by Algernon

Wow, these pics are fantastic! Speaking as a lifelong dinosaur fan and collector of dinosaur merchandise, I can say that these look really, really great. The raptor and the T. rex should have feathers, but that can be forgiven. I'm just torn between the red T. rex and the green one. Probably will end up going with the former, since it'll be cheaper. Or perhaps not.

For some reason that celeophysis looks so much better now, I want a whole pack of them!

The raptor and the T. rex should have feathers, but that can be forgiven.

Actually, there is no evidence hinting that any tyrannosaurid had feathers, much less the tyrant king himself. Fossilized skin imprints show pebbled scales, not feathers. You're probably right regarding the raptor, although I'm personally glad they left that detail out. I have always thought feathered dinosaurs looked pretty silly!

For some reason that celeophysis looks so much better now, I want a whole pack of them!

Actually, there is no evidence hinting that any tyrannosaurid had feathers, much less the tyrant king himself. Fossilized skin imprints show pebbled scales, not feathers. You're probably right regarding the raptor, although I'm personally glad they left that detail out. I have always thought feathered dinosaurs looked pretty silly!

I totally agree with you. I always thought that feathered dinosaurs looked really silly and I do not entirely buy into the whole feathered dinosaur thing. I am really happy with the new dinosaur sets and I think the dinosaurs are just plain awesome. I really hope that Lego considers making a second wave with a sauropod, stegosaurus, and dilophosaurus. That would be just too awesome. :sweet: