As well as a Stegosaurus, I'd like to see Apatosaurus or Giraffatitan. The body wouldn't have to be any bigger than the T. rex's; just give it a nice long neck and tail.

Has anyone seen these at Target?

Not at target I was there last night. I have only seen them so far at TRU.

Does anyone have any info on the storyline of this theme (i.e. why there are dinos near a city)?

LEGO Magazine suggested that the Alien Commander (from Alien Conquest) unleased them as a plan C, but I think that was just to get people excited for the theme. :sceptic:

LEGO Magazine suggested that the Alien Commander (from Alien Conquest) unleased them as a plan C, but I think that was just to get people excited for the theme. :sceptic:

I knew about that, and you are probably right. I was wondering if anyone had any other information.

Anyone else notice a color difference with the yellow pieces? I've noticed it on 5885 & 5884. Example, on 5885, the front slopes below the missile pods are a different shade than the 1x6 that sits between them... On 5884, the 1 x6 slopes on either side of the hood plate are different, as well.

I found

ad on Youtube. It explains some of the stuff in the sets.

Ha! That's a cool ad. Dude just jumps on the T-Rex like it's nothing, I love it! Nice find, MB.

I found

ad on Youtube. It explains some of the stuff in the sets.

So I'm guessing it's like Jurassic Park or something? I'm sure theres a highly illogical explanation for all of this. Maybe thats why the site isn't up yet, because they still haven't figured out the why.

As well as a Stegosaurus, I'd like to see Apatosaurus or Giraffatitan. The body wouldn't have to be any bigger than the T. rex's; just give it a nice long neck and tail.

C'mon seriously?! So far there is already loads of highly recognizable dinosaurs ommited so why do something like Giraffatitan??

If there is another wave, we should expect Stegosaurus, either one of Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus or Apatosaurus and if they want to really push the vehicle assignment something like a plesiosaurus for a decent sized boat. (TLG love boats!)

Then I would think something like Spinosaurus as it's sufficiently different from T-Rex and would capture the Jurassic Park lovers attention.

Has anyone seen these in the UK yet?

It's going to be a long wait for them :D

Argos has them listed now.

C'mon seriously?! So far there is already loads of highly recognizable dinosaurs ommited so why do something like Giraffatitan??

Seeing as how Giraffatitan is essentially the larger African version of Brachiosaurus, it's at all unreasonable.

Then I would think something like Spinosaurus as it's sufficiently different from T-Rex and would capture the Jurassic Park lovers attention.

Jurassic Park fans generally HATE Spinosaurus and the third movie though.

I think the theme will be a success. Very soon sets will be available in my city and I will make raid on toy store. There is only one drawback in the series:

Despite the fact that the jungle are the backdrop for the sets some of them do not even have a bit of vegetation. If there is another wave, I hope the situation will change.

Jurassic Park fans generally HATE Spinosaurus and the third movie though.

Very true! But do the kids hate it? Dinosaur toy companies tend to quite like the Spinosaurus, i guess it makes a good battle rival for T.Rex with the kids.

Considering the leaks so far I'm kind of surprised we don't know anything yet of the next wave.

Very true! But do the kids hate it? Dinosaur toy companies tend to quite like the Spinosaurus, i guess it makes a good battle rival for T.Rex with the kids.

Spinosaurus is the Rodimus Prime to Tyrannosaurus rex's Optimus Prime. He's been marketed in earnest, but in the end, the masses prefer the true dinosaur king. But this is beginning to get off-topic, methinks.

Considering the leaks so far I'm kind of surprised we don't know anything yet of the next wave.

There still hasn't been any confirmation one way or the other about a second Dino wave, has there?

There still hasn't been any confirmation one way or the other about a second Dino wave, has there?

Not as far as I know. Generally, I'm thinking that Dino is either going to be

a) PQ-esque, with only one wave

or b), a wave every winter to make room for the AC waves in the summer.

For one wave they've made a big investment in molds!

I'd be pretty shocked if this didn't get at least one more wave like Atlantis and bare in mind that dinosaurs as a toy is already a wel established market.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the plane set is available at S@H and I saw it in a LEGO store.

I just noticed this too. Seems a bit pricey but may be associated with the dino included.

Not as far as I know. Generally, I'm thinking that Dino is either going to be

a) PQ-esque, with only one wave

or b), a wave every winter to make room for the AC waves in the summer.

AC is coming in summer?...

Coelophysis autopsy. That's what kids will want. in a lab of course. and those hazmat helmet pieces from the CMF series in yellow. vats of Dino goo and barrels of that green stuff in the darts the scientists use. And bones and computer screens. cool stuff.

A truck with a cannon that fires a net would be cool too. Dino eggs would be spectacularly cool. as would giant millipedes and other oversized creepy insects and arachnids.

sorry to break the flow, just had to set this down. before I forgot.

carry on...

Heres what I (and by the sound of it others too) would like to see in another wave:

•Oviraptor - some sort of set showing it stealing dino eggs - equivalent to Pteranodon tower set size

•Spinosaurus - in the biggest set so it's equivalent to a T-Rex

•Some sort of plesiosaur and submarine - equivalent to T-Rex Hunter size set

• Giant Millipede type creature - Bit bigger than Coelophysis set size so about £12.99? 

• Brachiosaurus(Large Dinosaur type)- equivalent to Triceratops set size 

• Kaprosuchus (My favourite dino :wub: ) with some sort of vehicle that can traverse water and land emphasising how its similar to the dinosaur itself. Maybe a hovercraft? About £34.99.

Maybe it will be like Agents? Discontinue for the summer wave and re-appear in the next winter wave or even the next summer wave (similar to what Darth Nihilus said a few posts back).

Edited by Housey98