That's my kids Dino haul arrived from the US and it escaped customs. Not sure how yet, must be how my friend has declared it on the packaging. Brilliant value and christmas from my kids side all wrapped up, sorry for the pun.

Masked, can you review the Triceratops one (5885) next as Darkdragon did a great review of the Raptor Chase set already?

Yep I'm already half done.

The chopper in that T-rex set (not HQ) looks like a pretty good representation--from what I've seen from the front photos, need some of the tail and tailboom to be sure--of a Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe/Skycrane, now rebranded "Erickson Aircrane". (Trivial note: Erickson's dirty little secret is that they're presenting refurbished Sikorskys as if they were brand-new aircraft...)

I've only got two smaller sets at the moment, but this theme is shaping up to be my favorite theme, surpassing Alien Conquest and Pharaohs Quest. The dinos are...awesome! Those new guns are cool, and the minifigures are awesome, as well. The olive green suited guy, which I believe we get three of, the dude in black(triceratops). The vehicles to boot. Doesn't help either that my favorite color is yellow. :classic:

ok, my dad checked the lego store again. Aparently the lego store wont have the dino sets until late december early january he mentioned a date but he forgot it (he said the twenty something) which isnt much to go on :sad:

Really loving this theme. The dinos are pretty amazing. I don't have a Pteranodon, but of the rest, each head comes off and is connected to the body by a Technic style pin. (Only exception being the tiny raptor-looking green one from the Dino Defense set whose head is connected to the body...a single piece.) Oh, the MOC possibilities. I've been waiting to see the inevitable flood of dino mechs. Haven't seen anything completed yet (any leads?), so I started on one last night. Couldn't resist. Who knows if I'll finish. Enjoy. (Sorry if this is the wrong place...I'm showing it not to "show-off" the MOC per se, but moreso to show an example of the new dino pieces in "the wild" and how they can be connected to other pieces.)

On a related note, finally got a chance to build the copter from T-Rex Hunter I picked up two weeks ago, and I have to say I love it. Simple but effective design with some cool playability. (I particularly appreciate the harness to lift the T-Rex.) I did get Dino Defense but I'm not too interested in taking the time to build it, for what it's worth. Don't get me wrong...it does look like a fun / great set, but just a little big for my current work space and I know I'll just end up taking it apart anyway. I really just wanted the dinos and pieces. BUT the other two sets (Triceratops Trapper & aforementioned T-Rex Hunter) I got and have built are brilliant vehicles, the best in the series imho. Actually, I think they're some of the best I've seen in a while, but I'm seemingly easier to please compared to some of the critics I've seen on here. I have to say, between this theme, Alien Conquest, and Pharaoh's Quest, TLG's non-licensed action themes have been pretty fantastic lately. Being a fan of bulky yellow construction City vehicles (like these), Dino 2012 is a welcome theme, with its combo of this style vehicle and the dino action. Quirky and fun.

post-14237-132233731629.jpg

TLG has messed up the description of Dino Defense HQ, but in our favor: it gives us some information about the one Dino set not released yet.

Protect the Dino HQ and send the dinos running!

Emergency! A vicious pteranodon is attacking one of our heroes on his jet boat and needs rescuing. Zoom down in the swift Ocean Interceptor, fire the net and capture the flying dino before he grabs his prey. Includes 2 hero minifigures and pteranodon dinosaur.

•Includes 2 hero minifigures and pteranodon dinosaur

•Vehicles include Ocean Interceptor and jet boat

•Features rotating propellers, opening cockpit, net shooter and flick missile

•Fire the net shooter!

•Load the jet boat onto the Ocean Interceptor!

•Measures over 11” (27cm) long and 10” (25cm) wide

•Pteranodon measures over 4” (10cm) long and 7” (17cm) wide

•Jet boat measures over 1” (2cm) wide and 2” (5cm) long

See it for yourself:LEGO messed up AGAIN!

TLG has messed up the description of Dino Defense HQ, but in our favor: it gives us some information about the one Dino set not released yet.

Yes, they gave the wrong info, but isn't it just describing this set?

5888-1.jpg

Good to know the little boat can fit onto the plane itself, I was wondering if that was the case.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

My brother and I checked the LEGO Store in Paramus, New Jersey today, and they had the Dino sets in stock. They also had the HQ built and on display, and I have to say I'm very impressed with those Dinos.

Can someone confirm that TRU has the plane set? Last time I was there, I don't remember seeing it, they had every other Dino set.

Can someone confirm that TRU has the plane set? Last time I was there, I don't remember seeing it, they had every other Dino set.

I had the same experience. Maybe it's just not available yet. My local TRU had all but that.

Its great seen reviews for the four sets Ive got my kids for Christmas. Hopefully see one for the Helicopter set soon, pick that up in January when they hit the UK stores

The TRU exclusive set doesnt appeal as much to me, not to say my kids may want it to complete the wave :tongue:

I had the same experience. Maybe it's just not available yet. My local TRU had all but that.

Well, maybe it isn't an exclusive to TRU...or it hasn't been released yet, which would be strange. Once again, can anyone confirm this being a TRU exclusive? I'm going to Target tomorrow, I'll check there.

Edited by Legocrazy81