Final Picture of 5888 Pteranodon Chase from Brickset:

*Snip*

Awesome. Is that a new olive green? It looks friggin' cool on both the Dino and the pilot. :cry_happy: That cockpit, while not new, is just plain gorgeous in trans clear. And a net? Guh, tempting...

Oh, sorry Grogall, I haven't been following this thread very closely. :blush:

They just had to stick a flick fire on there somewhere.

Honestly, I prefer the flickfire net instead of the net launcher in Power Miners

Honestly, I prefer the flickfire net instead of the net launcher in Power Miners

Perhaps, but I'm unsure how well this flickfire version will work. The version used in the Batman, Agents, and Power Miners themes wasn't perfect in terms of functionality either, and didn't tend to mesh well with vehicle designs, but at the same time I'm afraid a flick-fire version might more likely become jammed, with (for instance) one of the missiles not launching as well as the other one.

Of course, this unpredictability is present in any type of function that hasn't been used before. Frankly, the only way for us to be assured that all action features in upcoming sets are reliable would be if sets only reused action features from previous sets, and that would be boring. So don't think I'm excessively skeptical of this particular set; I just try to be aware of all sorts of uncertainty in set design so fewer things catch me by surprise.

LEGO Store in Los Angeles (Glendale Galleria) had the full range in stock as of today (Monday November 7).

Maybe see some reviews before xmas, even though they won't arrive on UK shores before January :sad:

:wub: Jealous! I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Edit:1100th post. :cry_sad:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Good old Brickshow!

I'm glad it was them who made that review, not some blurry, shaky cam footage with 90% of the "review" just being about the Minifigures.

Looks interesting, I didn't realise how much this set would cost until I saw the size of the box - silly me! seems a little on the pricey side, but like they said, that's almost certainly the Dino's fault, and it's a lovely figure so really the price is still justified. Not too keen on the butt of the rifle, though...just look unwieldy though I suppose since it's likely to be air or gas powered the recoil wouldn't be too much of a problem, so the butt would really just be there to help you get a decent shot...something that would be rather hard, given the giant syringe blocking the sights. That's not really relevant is it? no.

Set looks great though, will definitely pick it up. I know it's only a little detail, but the trans orange boat studs on the underside of those side panels really impressed me :sceptic:

Edited by Rocketbilly

I really like the look of the jeep, it's rugged and I love the fact that the striping is printed. The dinosaur looks great but I did expect it to be hard plastic like the horses or camels.

The dinosaur looks great but I did expect it to be hard plastic like the horses or camels.

I'm not an expert but I would expect all the other dinosaurs to be made of normal hard plastic, as they have moving parts. I do wonder though if such a large piece as the coelophysis (or whatever) made of "rubbery" plastic isn't gonna be more easily suspectible to different kinds of damage and wear, especially at the hands of kids?

Good old Brickshow!

I'm glad it was them who made that review, not some blurry, shaky cam footage with 90% of the "review" just being about the Minifigures.

Looks interesting, I didn't realise how much this set would cost until I saw the size of the box - silly me! seems a little on the pricey side, but like they said, that's almost certainly the Dino's fault, and it's a lovely figure so really the price is still justified. Not too keen on the butt of the rifle, though...just look unwieldy though I suppose since it's likely to be air or gas powered the recoil wouldn't be too much of a problem, so the butt would really just be there to help you get a decent shot...something that would be rather hard, given the giant syringe blocking the sights. That's not really relevant is it? no.

Set looks great though, will definitely pick it up. I know it's only a little detail, but the trans orange boat studs on the underside of those side panels really impressed me :sceptic:

Um...it's a kids toy, rifle accuracy isn't on the top of their list, I'm guessing.

I think these sets are good, but they could be better with a more detailed building.

Anyway still going to buy some of the sets, mainly for the dino´s and some folliage pieces.

I am also surprised for the early review.

I'm not an expert but I would expect all the other dinosaurs to be made of normal hard plastic, as they have moving parts. I do wonder though if such a large piece as the coelophysis (or whatever) made of "rubbery" plastic isn't gonna be more easily suspectible to different kinds of damage and wear, especially at the hands of kids?

I have plenty of rubber BIONICLE parts and they held up just fine after years of building, play, and sifting around in bins. I'd assume this is the same material. Admittedly, though, those rubber BIONICLE parts aren't printed, but still I don't think there would be a serious problem there. Did the small raptors in Dino Attack have any problems with wear and tear?

Looks like our predictions were correct - these sets are indeed being released for Christmas! I'm quite happy to know that I'll be building one of these on Christmas morning. :laugh: I can't wait to see the reviews, as well, particularly of that helicopter.

I'm also increasingly impressed with the minfigures of this line. They all seem to be unique, and even better, the original printing looks exceptionally useful for a great variety of MOCs. Can't wait to add these to my collection. :sweet:

I can confirm that what appeared to be the full Dino 2012 line was in stock at my local LEGO store (Santa Clara) this afternoon ready for purchase.

The set reviewed Im hoping will be £10-£12 when released here and looks like a good set to gauge if my boys will be interested without spending a fortune on the larger sets. Though may go for the copter myself :tongue: