Oky

Disney 2012 Discussion Thread

LEGO P&F sounds like a great idea! If those come to system, I'll definitely be picking them up for the unique hairpieces! :sweet:

Anybody else think that if it does come to system, that at least some of the characters will have those mini-doll figures or something similar. That's the best way I can think of doing Candace because of her neck. :sceptic:

Wow.

My dream is finally come true. I am a big fan of Phineas and Ferb, as you can see. I will definitely be picking this game up once it hits stores. Fingers crossed, this leads to a System theme... :blush:

There is talk of a Phineas And Ferb cinema release in 2013....perhaps this will be a cartoon theme for that year ? :wink:

There is talk of a Phineas And Ferb cinema release in 2013....perhaps this will be a cartoon theme for that year ? :wink:

Yes. In July of 2013, to be exact. It seems like a very cool game! I hope it turns into a theme. I want Agent P minifig...

Yes. In July of 2013, to be exact. It seems like a very cool game! I hope it turns into a theme. I want Agent P minifig...

Not only you, not only you!

Can't wait to see how it turns out, maybe "Build your Inaction Perry game!"

Not only you, not only you!

Can't wait to see how it turns out, maybe "Build your Inaction Perry game!"

:hmpf: Please! It's "Build your own Perry the Platypus Inaction Figure Game!" Get it right! :laugh:

No, it is obviously Skiddley Whiffers! :laugh:

If I do not see someone do a MOC of that episode combining both System and Games in a strange and bizzare fashion, I will be sorely disappointed.

Actually, if I don't see P&F make it to System, I'll be sorely disappointed...

Wow, pretty neat about the Phineas & Ferb game! I do think it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get a whole licensed theme full of sets, but I think it's certainly possible, and of course the only other licensed games are also full-blown themes (the two largest licensed themes ever, in fact).

They did release Cars in Duplo before System.

Yes, I know; that's what I was talking about (in the sense of, "I'd like it more if they did System rather than Duplo, and it'd be better still if they did both, the way they already do Cars and Toy Story"). I probably omitted a few words too many.

I for one, don't like Disney having any foothold in Lego besides POTC and Marvel.

It's a little late for that, given that TLG started doing Disney sets back in 1999 with Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse the year after, and more recently has done Cars, Toy Story and Prince of Persia all before doing Pirates of the Caribbean or Marvel.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

HQ pictures of the Duplo Princess sets have finally surfaced. Check Vidiator's post on Brickset for the hi-res links. Nothing exciting for AFOLs, but just imagine how beautiful these would be as System sets! :wub:

6151: Sleeping Beauty's Room

6151-1.jpg

6152: Snow White's Cottage

6152-1.jpg

6153: Cinderella's Carriage

6153-1.jpg

6154: Cinderella's Castle

6154-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics! The somewhat short and chubby designs with Disney-style eyes remind me of the film Lilo & Stitch more than anything else.

Sleeping Beauty's Room, Cinderella's Carriage, and Cinderella's Castle are quite overwhelmingly pink compared to the actual movies they are based on, which is a real disappointment, but not really too different from what I'd expect in a girl-oriented line like Disney Princesses.

The two Cinderella sets are probably the nicest in terms of architecture, although Snow White's set is the least overtly "girly" and so will probably be the AFOL favorite.

I like all the decorated parts in the sets. Don't eat those apples, Snow White!

I rarely keep up with Duplo, so can't totally speak to which parts are new, but I can say the parts selection is much more sophisticated than when I played with them. There is a lot more variety in plates, and they appear in more sets. There are lots of rounded parts, one of which I recognize from the similarly girl-oriented Creative Cakes set. Some of the castle elements also are familiar from Duplo's ambitious foray into medieval fantasy in the mid-2000s.

At the same time, basic bricks and simple constructions are still the order of the day. It's nice to see that the builds, even for the large Cinderella's Castle set, still seem manageable to young kids. While some might prefer for preschoolers to be challenged, I know that a toy that frustrates them will not give them the same enjoyment as one that they can build, either according to instructions or based on their own imaginations, with relative ease. And the parts, even the larger ones, allow for a certain degree of versatility. While the smaller sets don't have enough parts to make too wide a range of things from one set alone, and their diverse colors would make meaningfully color-coordinated play a challenge, they compensate for this with relatively small and simple bricks that can be arranged and rearranged in at least a few different ways.

Thanks for the high res photos. Still disappointed in how these turned out, but they are Duplo. I can only hope that this will be moved to System next year like they did with Cars. I just hope they do normal minifigures, not the Friends mini-dolls. This would be a huge opportunity lost for more female minifigures, especially since my husband and I do a lot of castle MOCs - princesses would be so very cool!

I wonder why we haven't seen pictures of the Phineas and Ferb game... I will be sorely disappointed if this is fake. :cry_sad:

Me too. In fact, I only started watching Phineas and Ferb because of this rumor. I heard about it here and then talked to some friends who encouraged me to try the show. Thankfully, 78 episodes are on Netflix instant streaming. My husband and I are hooked on it, watching it almost every day. We're into season 2 now.

Me too. In fact, I only started watching Phineas and Ferb because of this rumor. I heard about it here and then talked to some friends who encouraged me to try the show. Thankfully, 78 episodes are on Netflix instant streaming. My husband and I are hooked on it, watching it almost every day. We're into season 2 now.

You are going to love season 3. Definitely some of the greatest episodes, like Ferb Latin. It is good to watch a few episodes before seeing the movie. It is an amazing cartoon.

You are going to love season 3. Definitely some of the greatest episodes, like Ferb Latin. It is good to watch a few episodes before seeing the movie. It is an amazing cartoon.

The movie is also on Netflix, but we're probably going to wait until we watch all the episodes before watching the movie.

The show amazes me every time. The writers are ingenious, slightly tweaking the formula every episode. It never feels tired or repetitive, even though they are almost doing the same thing every episodes. It's great!

What does this have to do with LEGO Disney 2012? I can't see any connection. There is a Culture & Multimedia forum for discussing TV shows.

I don't think that this news was fake. It was listed on an actual toy website that listed a lot of other things we know about as well. I'm not surprised by no pictures yet either. We haven't even seen pictures of the Marvel sets that are only two months away!

The new Cars sets were at both my Target and TRU today. I didn't pick them up, since TRU had the new Star Wars stuff. :wub: