Oky

Disney 2012 Discussion Thread

Wow that is one awesome free build. All we get up in Canada in terms of free builds are candy canes and flowers made of basic bricks. :grin:

OIL RIG!!!!!! What I've been waiting for for months! It looks stellar to me, though a little messy and a little small. A must have for me. And Mater's escape isn't bad, so I'll probably get that too.

It's nice to see more characters, particularly colourful ones. :classic:

The Oil Rig is okay. It would probably integrate well with City sets, but I'll pass.

I'm a bit disappointed with Oil Rig Escape. Not only does it not include Torque, but it's also much more crammed than I had hoped. I wouldn't expect TLG to give us the giant rig that we saw in the movie, but I think it could have been a little bigger than this. Well, at least they finally made Grem in an accurate color.

I think the oil-rig looks very cool. I love the "smashed" car in the back-ground. Have they changed the color of Grem to orange, like he is in the movie, or is that another car?

A must-have, one for me and one for my sons.

Morten

Thanks, I've added the US and Australian prices to the first post.

Also, thanks to member refriedbeans, who brings us news of a Lego Cars build event at TRU where they will give out a Rod "Torque" Redline set! :sweet: It says it's exclusive to this event, but I think he might be included in the upcoming Oil Rig Escape set. I don't think TLG would make new printed parts for an exclusive set like that.

6239035019_199982c87c_z.jpg

The parts are not printed but are stickers, and the front blue cheese slope is not 2 1 x 1 but 1 1 x 2 blue cheese slope, they were talking about this on Bricklink.

I have added HR images of the 2012 Cars 2 sets to my BS gallery...

I will not link em at the moment, but the logo will take you there directly.

cover.jpg

Enjoy for now! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is the 2012 Disney-thread, isn't it?

If so I'm hugely disappointed to see nothing of a potential John Carter (of Mars) line. I take it they try to avoid a second "causa PoP" and all the poor sales, but come on! It's JOHN "WARLORD OF MARS" CARTER for hell's sake!

What an opportunity for awesome minifigure and vehicle design come to waste...

My only hope is, as the movie is mid-2012 we'll have some surprise summer sets, but that there is no straw to grasp on right now griefs me to no end... I would have liked some green martians, especially Tars Tarkas. *sigh*

Ah, well, never mind... just needed to get this off my troubled soul, please bear with me here :-)

Be well all!

Cutty

I love the "smashed" car in the back-ground.

Agreed. It's quite a nice, macabre, little detail they've included. :devil_laugh:

I have added HR images of the 2012 Cars 2 sets to my BS gallery.

Great! Thanks, grogall! :sweet:

The parts are not printed but are stickers, and the front blue cheese slope is not 2 1 x 1 but 1 1 x 2 blue cheese slope, they were talking about this on Bricklink.

Indeed. I found this pic on Flickr:

6247464806_fc463b01f4.jpg

Cars2 by MorsLEGO, on Flickr

Agreed. It's quite a nice, macabre, little detail they've included. :devil_laugh:

Great! Thanks, grogall! :sweet:

Indeed. I found this pic on Flickr:

6247464806_fc463b01f4.jpg

Cars2 by MorsLEGO, on Flickr

yes, have seen at least 2 sellers on BL selling these (go to search and type in words torque or redline) so not sure of the availability of this particular car, though they were talking about making a listing for it on the bricklink forums, and someone submitted an entry for it, but nothing being done by the catlogue people about it, does anybody know if this car will be in any other future set?

yes, have seen at least 2 sellers on BL selling these (go to search and type in words torque or redline) so not sure of the availability of this particular car, though they were talking about making a listing for it on the bricklink forums, and someone submitted an entry for it, but nothing being done by the catlogue people about it, does anybody know if this car will be in any other future set?

Seeing as it uses stickers, rather than printed parts like almost all other Cars sets to date, he's probably not planned to appear in any sets in the near future. Granted, there's nothing stopping TLG from deciding to put him in a set later on, but I figure if they already had plans to do so they'd surely start printing his eyes and mouth at least before his "debut".

I think the "Torgue" looks like a car that will only come in this form in this set. The cars in all the other sets looks much more well designed, pritet parts, etc. This "Torque" looks like left hand work for ToysRUs, if you ask me.

Hoping for another version though.

Morten

I think the "Torgue" looks like a car that will only come in this form in this set. The cars in all the other sets looks much more well designed, pritet parts, etc. This "Torque" looks like left hand work for ToysRUs, if you ask me.

Hoping for another version though.

Morten

Well the one we got is just like the other CARs except instead of printed parts it has stickers, also it doesn't have the smooth wheel cover pieces either, its all basic parts build.

Well the one we got is just like the other CARs except instead of printed parts it has stickers, also it doesn't have the smooth wheel cover pieces either, its all basic parts build.

My point exactly, the other Cars are really cool parts in special colors, lots of printed parts etc. This is just basic stuff with a few stickers.

Morten

My point exactly, the other Cars are really cool parts in special colors, lots of printed parts etc. This is just basic stuff with a few stickers.

Morten

So True, but sadly its the only way to get this car too.

To everyone complaining about Torque not being in the Oil Rig Escape set, Torque was never in that scene in the movie (trust me, I've seen it twice and it's my favorite Pixar movie) - there was McMissile, Dr. Z and about a hundred different colored and trimmed Gremlins, Pacers and Zaporozhets (didn't see any Yugos though). I have little doubt that he'll appear in a set soon, though. He seems too small to me - he's a muscle car! I hate LEGO's scale. Make Mater (a big tow truck), give him a five-stud wheelbase, and then make Max Schnell, a mid-sized German sedan, and give him a six-stud wheelbase. Hopeless.

Anyway, I have some ideas for new sets for Cars 2. I'd love it if they made all the other WGP race cars, so far we have Max Schnell, Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli, Jeff Gorvette, Raoul CaRoule, but we still need Carla Veloso, Lewis Hamilton, Shu Todoroki, Miguel Camino, Nigel Gearsley and Rip Clutchgoneski.... what do you think is the likelyness we'll get all of them?

To everyone complaining about Torque not being in the Oil Rig Escape set, Torque was never in that scene in the movie (trust me, I've seen it twice and it's my favorite Pixar movie) - there was McMissile, Dr. Z and about a hundred different colored and trimmed Gremlins, Pacers and Zaporozhets (didn't see any Yugos though). I have little doubt that he'll appear in a set soon, though. He seems too small to me - he's a muscle car! I hate LEGO's scale. Make Mater (a big tow truck), give him a five-stud wheelbase, and then make Max Schnell, a mid-sized German sedan, and give him a six-stud wheelbase. Hopeless.

Anyway, I have some ideas for new sets for Cars 2. I'd love it if they made all the other WGP race cars, so far we have Max Schnell, Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli, Jeff Gorvette, Raoul CaRoule, but we still need Carla Veloso, Lewis Hamilton, Shu Todoroki, Miguel Camino, Nigel Gearsley and Rip Clutchgoneski.... what do you think is the likelyness we'll get all of them?

Well we already have Shu. :classic:

To everyone complaining about Torque not being in the Oil Rig Escape set, Torque was never in that scene in the movie (trust me, I've seen it twice and it's my favorite Pixar movie)

Actually, he was, but in his Gremlin disguise. I know, it was a long shot hoping for him to be included in the Oil Rig, but it was the only set I could imagine TLG to include him in, and seeing how they love to include random characters in licensed sets sometimes, it would have been possible, but oh well.

And I agree, they certainly could have done a better job on that TRU promo set, but it was probably easier for them to construct him out of basic bricks than specialized ones.

Sheesh, you sure are obsessed with those wheelbases...

Well, I don't think this is the place to discuss wishlists, but the likeliness of all of them being made largely depends on how far TLG is willing to take this theme. We don't even know if there will be any more sets after the January wave. But even if they keep the theme going for a while, I think it's unlikely we'll get all of them, unless maybe they make another large racing set with all of them in it.

Actually, he was, but in his Gremlin disguise. I know, it was a long shot hoping for him to be included in the Oil Rig, but it was the only set I could imagine TLG to include him in, and seeing how they love to include random characters in licensed sets sometimes, it would have been possible, but oh well.

And I agree, they certainly could have done a better job on that TRU promo set, but it was probably easier for them to construct him out of basic bricks than specialized ones.

Sheesh, you sure are obsessed with those wheelbases...

Well, I don't think this is the place to discuss wishlists, but the likeliness of all of them being made largely depends on how far TLG is willing to take this theme. We don't even know if there will be any more sets after the January wave. But even if they keep the theme going for a while, I think it's unlikely we'll get all of them, unless maybe they make another large racing set with all of them in it.

saywhut Rod was at the oil rig? I checked on Pixar wikipedia, but I couldn't find anything. I know he was disguised as a Gremlin at the party, but I couldn't find anything about him being at the oil rig. Do you have "proof" (I mean, I trust you I just want to know where you saw him)?

This is what Holley Shiftwell said to Finn at the Grand Prix debut party:

The oil platform you were on, turns out they're sitting on the largest oil reserve in the world. (...) The Americans actually discovered it just before you did. They placed an agent on that platform under deep cover. He was able to get a photo of the car who's running the entire operation. (..) The American is here tonight to pass it to you. He'll signal you when he's ready.

Clearly she's referring to Torque.

Now Jeff Gorvette is replaced depending on what region of the world the film is shown (Wikipedia), like Frosty....

frosty001.jpg

Super V8's Rock

:excited:

Now why isn't the different characters for each region released as a car ? :wink:

Though Jeff Gorvette in the watermarked image is all yellow and no printing....perhaps stickers in the box, if there is and fingers crossed - in Oz he'll outsell everything Lego....We'll have a Super V8 Lego car if we do ! :wink: