Anio

Nathanaël Kuipers's Concept Car

As soon i get my hands on instructions i will post my mail so i can send everyone a copy who dont want to pay for them or dont have the money.

If my acc get baned ill make a new one. Cheers

Reading such a stupid comment bring me the idea that NK and Crowkiller should choose the people who are able to buy the instruction. For example :

- the people Crowkiller and NK trust

- and the people that the first people trust (dunno if it is understandable).

In other words, you could buy the instruction only if you are recommended by someone NK or Crowkiller trust.

Well, I guess 4lord is 12 years old. haha.

As soon i get my hands on instructions i will post my mail so i can send everyone a copy who dont want to pay for them or dont have the money.

What you are suggesting is illegal and you could be prosecuted for it. The work is copyrighted and distributing it would be theft. Anyone planning such a thing should certainly not post anything about it on a public forum.

If you can't tell, he is just trolling. I think someone here created an alternate account for the lulz. :tongue:

I was not kidding, but since alot of people are getting mad i will not do such a thing...

Take care... Gn all :*

I think what this all comes down to is what is provided back to the Lego Community... Yes, I sold many of my Gallardo instructions that Eric did for my model and I sold over 40 kits(which I really didn't make anything off of) but in turn all of that money went right back to the Lego community both directly and indirectly whether I was sending people parts they needed for free, paying for my site until the year 2014, or perhaps even inspiring a few new builders... In fact I had about 10 people ask if they could have my download for free because they didn't have the money or didn't have a Paypal account and I didn't hesitate to provide them with the Login information...

This is no different with Nathanael's new model's instructions... I have been promoting this model for well over a year and finally the instructions are available and I am not asking for a single cent from Nathanael for hosting, promoting, or helping with other issues as I feel that I owe it to him for all of the inspiration that he has provided me over the years, so I don't see what the big issue is with having to shell out a measly $15 for some fantastic well done instructions...

I am most certain that Nathanael gaining some monetary compensation will encourage and drive him to continue to produce even more amazing models in the future...

I was not kidding, but since alot of people are getting mad i will not do such a thing...

Take care... Gn all :*

If you want to upload 40MB and e-mail them out, then be my guest... Maybe you can gain some money from it....

Edited by Paul Boratko

I've got no problem with Nathanael charging for instructions. He has a fantastic moc, and if he wants to sell instructions for it, then I say go for it. With the amount of time it takes to make instructions, he deserves some compensation. :thumbup:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I've got no problem with Nathanael charging for instructions. He has a fantastic moc, and if he wants to sell instructions for it, then I say go for it. With the amount of time it takes to make instructions, he deserves some compensation. :thumbup:

Absolutely!

Sometimes, when I don't want to pay for something.......I just simply don't buy it default_laugh_new.gif

I have downloaded the instructions btw and they are of great quality. Hope that the "B-model" will also be available.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Absolutely!

Sometimes, when I don't want to pay for something.......I just simply don't buy it default_laugh_new.gif

I have downloaded the instructions btw and they are of great quality. Hope that the "B-model" will also be available.

Allright, now for something else.

I'm thinking about buying the instructions ($15 is dirt cheap if you ask me) but I really need which sets I need to build this awesome model. I am willing to cannibalize the 8070, 8048, 8049, 8262, 8264, 8265, 8292, 8294, 8295 and even the 8297 for it (I need more space anyway) but I really need to make sure I then have all the parts in the right color (preferably). Is there any way to check this? Or does anyone know a way to figure this out so I can do that myself? I would really like something like "you need sets 8070, 8294 and 8297 for this model).

Anyone?

Many people dont have the money or a way to pay for these instructions, if you are that generous to share them (not here ;)) with that people than you are a nice lad. I am glad that i started a small fire here ;)

I hate when some people dont have opportunity to get those instructions and have to stare and wonder...

I hate when some people dont have opportunity to get those instructions and have to stare and wonder...

Me too! I will call Ferrari right away. Let's see if they share our feeling default_laugh_new.gif (pun intended)

Me too! I will call Ferrari right away. Let's see if they share our feeling default_laugh_new.gif (pun intended)

Please, don't feed the troll.

Anyone got an idea of the sets needed? $15 is no problem, but I want to know in advance if I need $50 in additional BL orders.

Please, don't feed the troll.

Anyone got an idea of the sets needed? $15 is no problem, but I want to know in advance if I need $50 in additional BL orders.

Sorry about that!

I am not really sure which extra parts you need. Starting with the 8070 supercar seems like a nice start. I have posted the part list which was publiced on TB, so can take a look at what you need. I assume I can link to this part list, right?!

TBs_20110719_1-p204.png

TBs_20110719_1-p205.png

Besides the wheels it seems that having a 8070 supercar and a moderate collection of other sets/parts will suffice.

Maybe the 8070 is not even necessary if you have some other red sets. Having a Ferrari Enzo and/or 599 would help a lot.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Cool. Well since you expected this I'll just do it then and save us all the time.

Allright, now for something else.

I'm thinking about buying the instructions ($15 is dirt cheap if you ask me) but I really need which sets I need to build this awesome model. I am willing to cannibalize the 8070, 8048, 8049, 8262, 8264, 8265, 8292, 8294, 8295 and even the 8297 for it (I need more space anyway) but I really need to make sure I then have all the parts in the right color (preferably). Is there any way to check this? Or does anyone know a way to figure this out so I can do that myself? I would really like something like "you need sets 8070, 8294 and 8297 for this model).

Anyone?

Luckily, there is a new website which does exactly what you need.

http://www.rebrickable.com

Nice site! Thanks for the link :thumbup:

Hi, FYI this is my site and I was mere days away from announcing it myself :tongue:

Also I am about to upload some changes which allow user signon (optional) where you can save your set lists instead of having to enter them all the time.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi, FYI this is my site and I was mere days away from announcing it myself :tongue:

Also I am about to upload some changes which allow user signon (optional) where you can save your set lists instead of having to enter them all the time.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Exactly my thoughts when I used it. That would be great.

And the possibility to enter more than ten sets, but maybe you already implemented this.

Just keep up the good work and you will have a great site. I love it already!!

Edited by Gekke Ted

Exactly my thoughts when I used it. That would be great.

And the possibility to enter more than ten sets, but maybe you already implemented this.

Just keep up the good work and you will have a great site. I love it already!!

Ahh shucks :blush: Yes, unlimited sets when you sign in.

Ahh shucks :blush: Yes, unlimited sets when you sign in.

Awesome!! :thumbup:

Uploading a part list (Brickstore or some other format) to see whether you can build it would be nice too!

(haven't fully tried the site, so maybe it's already in it)

Awesome!! :thumbup:

Uploading a part list (Brickstore or some other format) to see whether you can build it would be nice too!

(haven't fully tried the site, so maybe it's already in it)

It can import from Brickset (haven't uploaded that change yet). Haven't looked at Brickstore yet, but will do.

O my, I really love your site! It looks nice, works great, stats are nice, etc.

I am a software engineer myself, so I know what it takes to build a site like this. Well done!

What I am always interested in is my own part list/part stats (i.e. Which parts do I have). Based on my sets and maybe additional Bricklink orders. Adding seperate parts would be great.

Don't get me started on ideas :laugh::wink:

It can import from Brickset (haven't uploaded that change yet). Haven't looked at Brickstore yet, but will do.

I am not really sure which program is commonly used for generating part lists for MOCs, but that format should be importable. These lists could be checked whether you can build it, or such a list might be added as loose parts to your collection. I can imagine your current datamodel doesn't support adding seperate parts to users, but it would be nice.

Maybe we should start a new topic, or the moderator can move our conversation to a new topic.

Edited by Gekke Ted

O my, I really love your site! It looks nice, works great, stats are nice, etc.

I am a software engineer myself, so I what it takes to build a site like this. Well done!

What I am always interested in is my own part list/part stats (i.e. Which parts do I have). Based on my sets and maybe additional Bricklink orders. Adding seperate parts would be great.

Don't get me started on ideas :laugh::wink:

Thanks, its nice to hear this and not have to constantly wonder if I'm the only one who will like this :sweet:

Always happy to take ideas on board, and add them to my huge todo list! :wink:

Thanks, its nice to hear this and not have to constantly wonder if I'm the only one who will like this :sweet:

Always happy to take ideas on board, and add them to my huge todo list! :wink:

As a matter of fact, I have thought about creating a site like yours myself. So you're not alone! :sweet:

And yes, I am familiar with those huge todo lists :wink:

Edited by Gekke Ted

As a matter of fact, I have thought about creating a site like yours myself. So you're not alone! :sweet:

As did someone last night who decided to download thousands of images via some robot. Why make your own when you can copy someone else's :angry: