Anio

Nathanaël Kuipers's Concept Car

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I didn't think it warranted a new post. I have added another of Nathanael's supercars to the rebrickable database - his 8458 alternate build: http://rebrickable.c...ilver-sportscar :grin:

Note that there are also instructions for one of his much more elaborate supercars made from 8458 and 8466. Anyone have the link handy? I'm referring to this car:

supercar4.jpg

Note that there are also instructions for one of his much more elaborate supercars made from 8458 and 8466. Anyone have the link handy? I'm referring to this car:

supercar4.jpg

I believe that is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=79271 but the instructions are for the chassis only from what I can see. Still, it should be pretty easy to build the rest from the photos.

I believe that is here: http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?f=79271 but the instructions are for the chassis only from what I can see. Still, it should be pretty easy to build the rest from the photos.

That's not the file I'm thinking of. Someone did complete instructions of the whole car. I have the PDF, but I can't remember where I originally found it. It was posted in a link here on Eurobricks.

Last night I have finished building my copy of Nathanael's Concept Car, and I must say, that was one of the best building experiences I've ever had ! The car is very nice, and has a well thought modular design. Really impressed thing is, that everything is so well engineered, and very carefully designed as a 4 main modules, that fits together perfectly.

My hat of to you, sir Nathanael.

concept_car_-_main_modules.jpg

PS: I'm waiting for few minor parts in red from BL order, and than I'l make some pictures.

Edited by Povratnik

I think I might have to buy/download the instructions for this, it looks awesome!

I have just looked at the parts list on Rebrickable, and as far as I can see, I have everything already, and in the right colours, with the exception of the very light grey beams, but white will do for those.

I still don't have the tyres though, so I am ordering 4 of the nitro muscle sets from bricklink (cheaper to get 3+ sets, and more than 2000 pieces for less than $200NZD!)

Edited by Matt The Tuba Guy

Well i have built this now, and the tyres have arrived too (WHY ONLY ONE SET?!)

It is really awesome!

I decided to put the engine in the back, and give the sets blue stripes.

I didn't realise until I built it that it had optional FWD and RWD, and it is built so that the engine can be put in the front or back.

I might considering updating it with new panels and put a roof on it.

A great car! :thumbup:

Speaking of this car....

I actually have a copy of it that I picked up in a bulk purchase and I would be willing to part with it. If anyone is interested just PM me and we can work something out.

Speaking of this car....

I actually have a copy of it that I picked up in a bulk purchase and I would be willing to part with it. If anyone is interested just PM me and we can work something out.

Just PM'd you

Hello guys,

It is with deep regrets that I have to sell this wonderful model...

Just read the first page if you are not convinced yet with the awesomeness of that supercar.

I sell it as a kit. If you do not have the instructions, you will have to buy it on Crowkiller website : http://www.crowkille...nstructions.php

If you want, to make things easier for you, I can send you the instruction, so that you do not have to pay by paypal. But I will charge 15$ (let's say 12€) in the price of the kit.

Then, of course, I will transfer this money to Nathanaël Kuipers.

I sell this awesome model at 300€.

The buyer supports the shipping costs. This cost depends where you are located. I live in France.

You can PM me here, or email me at setechnic@gmail.com if you are interested. ;)

I will edit this message when the model is sold.

Edited by Anio

Here me recommendation of sets very suitable for building the concept car of NK:

concept-car-sets.jpg

The 8653 is quite essential and the best start point cause of its flex-axles and - even more - the metallic wheel covers...

The 8070 is also a very helpful set for this car

The nitro 8146 is also quite essential for the rims and for the huge wheels (but contains only 2 of them - but i could buy two more at bricklink for 1,9€ each)

The 8386 is helpful for some red parts and some stuff

the 8366 contains some special design parts

the 8455 and 8069 contain a lot of all these needed stuff needed for each technic studdless model

With these sets there are only about 100 remaining parts, all of them very cheap at brickling (but probably most of them you will have in your spare part repository)

So for me this is fine because there is no need to sacrifice an important set (the 8455 and 8366 i own twice and the 8653 is very beautiful but overall not a really impressive set - the rest i have dismantled just for MOCs, not really sets needed for shelf-display ;-)

Just my 2cts for building the concept car...

Last night I have finished building my copy of Nathanael's Concept Car, and I must say, that was one of the best building experiences I've ever had ! The car is very nice, and has a well thought modular design. Really impressed thing is, that everything is so well engineered, and very carefully designed as a 4 main modules, that fits together perfectly.

My hat of to you, sir Nathanael.

concept_car_-_main_modules.jpg

simply agree with all these praisings (s.a. and the initial posting of Anio) .. there is not one word which is an overstatement - BUILD this beauty!

In addition building this concept car can be a course in state of the art studdless building techniques...

My hat too of to you, sir Nathanael.

Do the instructions tell you how to make the convertible roof or the gullwing doors?

Wanting to make gull-wing Concept Car for so long and finally managed to pull it off after visiting this post.

Green panels need to be replaced with proper ones missing from LDD

a6sRCci.jpg

In a few days after i rebuild complete car and test them i will post instructions if i get an approval from Nathanael.

Wanting to make gull-wing Concept Car for so long and finally managed to pull it off after visiting this post.

Green panels need to be replaced with proper ones missing from LDD

a6sRCci.jpg

In a few days after i rebuild complete car and test them i will post instructions if i get an approval from Nathanael.

have you also build the wonderful convertible?