Sign in to follow this  
Lobo723

Lego Plastic Bags

Today I got home from work & my sister asked if I had some yellow Lego bags. So i Asked what for?. She says " I got an idea " So I gave her my stash and this is what she started doing with them.

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

she Cuts The ends of

bag3.jpg

Then She Cuts Strips

bag4.jpg

then she ties them together

bag5.jpg

Then she works her magic with the hook (one bag makes this much)

bag6.jpg

more bags added

bag7.jpg

Then I asked what she was making and she said its a lego bag.

So I Said a lego Bag out of Lego Bags? She Said Yup

Ill post more pics as she Goes along

Crochet with spare LEGO Store bags? Genius. :classic: I love it when people think up creative uses for LEGO packaging.

Ah yeah I’ve seen this with milk bags. :thumbup:

Wow, kudos to your sister, that's a good idea.

I actually only have one gigantic yellow LEGO bag, and that is being used to house all my opened LEGO boxes that I have folded down, it works perfectly. It even fits the large boxes like the new falcon, the RGS, our the Imperial star destroyer.

Interesting concept. Is it actually strong enough to hold anything, or just for show?

I just asked my sister she said its strong enough for things. She also said its going to have some fabric as a liner for the inside. Ill post pics of this when she does it

Sadly, I have an odd obsession with my Lego bags and save them all. I'll use them to transport different things on trips home to see my parents or take a lunch to work in one. I could never cut them up like that. I know, it's weird.

However, that's a very creative idea.

Neat idea.

I wouldn't cut up my bag since my local Lego store charges 5 cents per plastic bag.

Neat idea.

I wouldn't cut up my bag since my local Lego store charges 5 cents per plastic bag.

Wow! They actually charge you to bag the items you purchased? There is a chain of grocery stores here in Philadelphia that charge 10 cents per bag but they are this discount store that sells stuff really cheap. I'm still surprised a Lego store would charge for the bag though. Must be a Canadian thing.

Wow! They actually charge you to bag the items you purchased? There is a chain of grocery stores here in Philadelphia that charge 10 cents per bag but they are this discount store that sells stuff really cheap. I'm still surprised a Lego store would charge for the bag though. Must be a Canadian thing.

Sure is a Canadian thing..I thought the cashier was joking at first! And it's in most of the big stores like Zellers, Walmart etc.. :hmpf:

Anyways I really like what your sister did to that bag :wub:

I presume the charge is to help persuade people to reuse and recycle the plastic bags, as 'one use' plastic bags are a waste of natural resources and an unnecessary component of landfill.

As for the OP, this is a great use for plastic bags, I am sure I have seen this method used to create fashion accessories etc. on sites like etsy.

The bag "Bag Tax" is only in Toronto, and a few other jurisdictions, with some chains charging it throughout their stores.

Now, back on topic. :wink: