Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day One

Petr was going to say that penalty would be worse than not voting, but smart lady Ruslana say it for him. :wub: She is smart.

I am on same page as the everyone else. How can we know now who the scum is? Only way to do that is to look at what people say during the day, or try to rise dirt ourselves and see what crawlers show up. I also want to say, you say that we could all vote and not reach conviction and save ourselves from penalty, but penalty is for not reaching conviction, so be careful! I agree with Wilem about Ninja, I see same thing when I hear Sky's words. Okay, my lips are just moving now, I have just repeated things.

Normally, I do not like first day vote, in plays I read that is. But I am also usually wrong when I say that. I see what Nika say and I think it is true. If we do no vote, we will lose town for sure, if we do vote, we maybe get scum. There is just so little to go on. I will make list for me on who I think to vote, and if anyone accuses one of them on my list, maybe I will consider.

*huh* That is much talking, I am sorry, usually I just watch and listen. I have to go fix hair now.

I don't think it will be worse. As bad, maybe.

If there is a lynch, worst case scenario, we lose a valuable town role.

If there is no lynch, I imagine a non-voter might be taken. Maybe. But, I think God loves his game so much that he wouldn't allow a scum member or an ability member of town to be taken out for those reasons, especially on the first day. So the worst case scenario is a vanilla townie is taken out.

I think it's good for us to vote, but since a majority is needed for a lynch, we'd be better off voting without necessarily reaching a lynch, unless there is genuinely something suspicious to go after. I've never been a fan of these abstract penalties. I seem to recall being martyred in a past life partly because of 'penalty fear,' and frankly, I don't care for it.

But I'm just a drunken laborer, what do I know? :tongue:

I disagree. If a townie with a valuable action is about to be lynched, what will he do? He'll most certainly not just die quietly, I think he'd talk to somebody he considers trustworthy, tell him his role, so that the trusted person can stop us from doing a mistake. Even if we don't listen, he still might tell us his role himself. So the worst case is, that we get into the situation that we have to decide wether to believe him or not. From that on we might still let him go and try to figure out if he said the truth or kill him nevertheless if his claim sounds too mad.

The penality might be everything. I remember watching the documentary about a governor during the prohibition making the National Guard prevent all night actions for two days in a similar situation. We might get the same thing with just town actions, or the scum might get a bonus convertion that night or we might all get penality votes or something we couldn't even dream of. Of course we may "just" lose a vanilla townie, but we won't necessarily gain anything from our night actions, so maybe we're tomorrow just at the same point with nothing but a vanilla less and another townie dead or converted. What shall we do then? Do some talk about vodka, decide not to vote and then go to sleep, waiting for the scum to kill or convert all of us?

And what do we gain from voting without lynching? It says "If the day ends without a conviction".

I disagree. If a townie with a valuable action is about to be lynched, what will he do? He'll most certainly not just die quietly, I think he'd talk to somebody he considers trustworthy, tell him his role, so that the trusted person can stop us from doing a mistake. Even if we don't listen, he still might tell us his role himself. So the worst case is, that we get into the situation that we have to decide wether to believe him or not. From that on we might still let him go and try to figure out if he said the truth or kill him nevertheless if his claim sounds too mad.

I agree, partly. The accused will likely role-claim indeed. But 'trusting' someone on the first day is simply impossible for a regular townie. So, then we'd be left with a potentially valuable role exposed publicly to the scum.

As everyone else, I have absolutely no idea what to base my vote on. And even if we would decide to randomly convict, who would cast the first stone? It will very likely only backfire on that person, because - as so many already concluded - that person is likely wrong.

And what do we gain from voting without lynching? It says "If the day ends without a conviction".

You do gain something, because you can observe people's voting patterns, which - much later in this ordeal - can be very valuable information. But I agree with you that it's not very likely that we'll have a majority agreeing on a person to convict today.

You do gain something, because you can observe people's voting patterns, which - much later in this ordeal - can be very valuable information. But I agree with you that it's not very likely that we'll have a majority agreeing on a person to convict today.

I never said I wouldn't believe that we'll get a conviction. I was replying to Denis, who suggested to vote without reaching a conviction.

I, Petr, am not opposed to casting stones, even first ones. We are all in understanding that we know almost nothing. There are some people I am suspicious of more than other people, it is true. With 28 people in town, it is hard, Petr know, to try to find one person to vote on first day. But you are right, dirt will be stirred by vote, and if Petr have to pick someone off list of twenty-seven suspects, I will. I am happier if I pick someone who I think is 1% suspect, instead of someone else picking someone who I think is 0% suspect, yes? We can forgive stone throwers too, we know no one knows anything but mob.

We can forgive stone throwers too, we know no one knows anything but mob.

I can forgive townies when they're wrong. But you shouldn't rule out the possibility that there may be a scum stone thrower who would never be 'wrong', because he would never throw the first stone at one of his scum buds.

There are some people I am suspicious of more than other people, it is true.

In that case, please share with us so that we can start somewhere.

Wow I have a lot to catch up.

I personally am not a fan of voting on the first day. Solely because I find it hard to determine if someone is scum or not when you have noting more than just the remarks people made during the day. I do know that it's possible to successfully convict on the first day. But it's hard to do so. I don't know what the penalty for not reaching a conviction might be. But I'm not sure if I'd like to find out... On the other hand I don't like loosing one of my fellow town members, vanilla or with ability. If someone has a solid lead on who might be scum, I will most likely join the voting.

Haha. It is all gut my friend, and I have more people who I would not vote for day one rather than people I trust. I do not think Denis is scummy, he is vocal. He also say he trust Wilem, and scum would not say that they trust anyone day one, I think. By extension, I think Wilem is okay, he did help. On same token, Boris check out with me, he quote something that he could have easily not qoute. The mention of converter was not in discussion today, but he summon it from past, and remind us that God did say something about converting. Scum would try to keep that hush-hush. So, those are three people I do not suspect. See why I keep quiet? Not much use.

And gut-feeling wise, I trust Ruslana and Irene. Ask why? I do not know. It is just gut feeling. Do not listen to silly Petr, he has almost no back-up for his thoughts. He is afraid that this may cause more confusion than help...

On same token, Boris check out with me, he quote something that he could have easily not qoute. The mention of converter was not in discussion today, but he summon it from past, and remind us that God did say something about converting. Scum would try to keep that hush-hush.

At the risk of defeating a point favoring me, I feel inclined to point out that the possibility of a converter was being discussed before I woke up, and I quoted god to back up Wilem's point.

I know this, but you could have also just not say anything and let his point stand alone with no extra information. You do not do that. Makes you less scummie.

That's true, but even if we believed him and he really did have an important night action, he would most likely be killed and blocked that night by the scum (they would anticipate the Doctor's possible protection of this person, so they would block him as well just to make sure he doesn't perform his action).

I do not think Denis is scummy, he is vocal.

I agree. While scum do like to sow confusion, I can't imagine one of them putting his neck on the line so early. I think we'll most likely find scum among those who aren't contributing much (if anything) to the discussion.

That's true, but even if we believed him and he really did have an important night action, he would most likely be killed and blocked that night by the scum (they would anticipate the Doctor's possible protection of this person, so they would block him as well just to make sure he doesn't perform his action).

Though for the scum to do so, they'd have to have two blockers and know who the Doctor is.

Though for the scum to do so, they'd have to have two blockers and know who the Doctor is.

I must've phrased that wrong. I meant that the scum's one blocker (if they even have one) and the scum's killer would both target the same person (the one who role-claimed), just in case that person is protected by the Doctor. So even if they aren't able to kill him (the person who role claimed), they'll still be able to prevent him from using his night action.

I, Petr, am not opposed to casting stones, even first ones. We are all in understanding that we know almost nothing. There are some people I am suspicious of more than other people, it is true. With 28 people in town, it is hard, Petr know, to try to find one person to vote on first day. But you are right, dirt will be stirred by vote, and if Petr have to pick someone off list of twenty-seven suspects, I will. I am happier if I pick someone who I think is 1% suspect, instead of someone else picking someone who I think is 0% suspect, yes? We can forgive stone throwers too, we know no one knows anything but mob.

Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person?

Talking about what scum might do to someone who role claims seems somewhat pointless until the situation comes up.

I'm not sure that anyone has really done anything to warrant trust yet. Talking like a townie would be easy to fake and I have no doubt there are those among us who would do it expertly.

As for suspicion, I think Eugene (Eskallon) seems suspicious only because he mentioned a drug habit. I think the mob would prey on the weak and exploit substance abuse to get what they want from someone. This is only a feeling, though. No one else has really set off any alarms for me.

Denis' view on voting makes me slightly suspicious of him, he didn't seem to concerned with loosing town folk, but that is me literally gasping at straws.

I must've phrased that wrong. I meant that the scum's one blocker (if they even have one) and the scum's killer would both target the same person (the one who role-claimed), just in case that person is protected by the Doctor. So even if they aren't able to kill him (the person who role claimed), they'll still be able to prevent him from using his night action.

Ah, I see.

Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person?

It's that annoying fake Russian accent some insist on having.

As for suspicion, I think Eugene (Eskallon) seems suspicious only because he mentioned a drug habit. I think the mob would prey on the weak and exploit substance abuse to get what they want from someone. This is only a feeling, though. No one else has really set off any alarms for me.

He's the only one who's done something strange in my view as well, though the question is whether or not that was just roleplaying.

While this may be true, I don't think we should judge books by their covers. In some of those great American movies I've seen people were convicted because of their roleplay character traits which never ended up good.

While this may be true, I don't think we should judge books by their covers. In some of those great American movies I've seen people were convicted because of their roleplay character traits which never ended up good.

Yes, I admit that it might just be roleplaying but it's the only suspicion I have. I'm far from saying we should get pitchforks ready for him. I just thought it was worth discussing.

Haha. It is all gut my friend, and I have more people who I would not vote for day one rather than people I trust. I do not think Denis is scummy, he is vocal. He also say he trust Wilem, and scum would not say that they trust anyone day one, I think.

And gut-feeling wise, I trust Ruslana and Irene. Ask why? I do not know. It is just gut feeling. Do not listen to silly Petr, he has almost no back-up for his thoughts. He is afraid that this may cause more confusion than help...

I don't think it's wise to trust anyone at this point. I love my wife with all my heart, but how could I know if she's secretly working for the Mafia or not? Trust is a luxury given only to the mobsters, so claiming you trust someone makes you look suspicious to me. But then again, as you said, a mobster wouldn't voice out people they trust. Unless you're using reverse psychology on us, and now I've got a headache from all the thinking. I'm just a simple mechanic, after all. What would I know... :sceptic:

You are ever so right. A stupid accent is no reason to vote someone of or to consider them to be suspicious. Although a stupid accent can indeed be very annoying.

He's the only one who's done something strange in my view as well, though the question is whether or not that was just roleplaying.

A bit of Heroin never hurt anyone anyway. Now my drug habits are part of who I am. I am who I am. We can't change who we are Nika.

...Unless you're using reverse psychology on us...

Let's not go down that path of thinking. It usually goes in circles.

It's that annoying fake Russian accent some insist on having.

Ugh, I can't stress the unnecessariousness of that.