alois

MOC: Modular Bank

indexed.gif B-OM-3D

My modular town is still expanding. After buying the Fire Brigade, I decided to make anouther modular MOC. It had to be a corner building, because I don't just want a row of houses, but something like a square or a block of houses. I tried to build it in the style of the 19th century Dutch architect C. H. Peters, who has mainly built a lot of post offices, in a sort of gothic-revival eclectical style. And since my town didn't have a bank building yet, it had to be a bank.

6021934262_f4d34330f0_z.jpg

6021380639_bb67d48f07_z.jpg

6021934844_d41f7ee766_z.jpg

6021380879_9a13e683b2_z.jpg

Only the ground floor has an interior.

6021380983_9d03398324_z.jpg

Mr. Coldhands withdrawing some cash:

6021381087_1006b71a35_z.jpg

Tell me what you think of it. There's more to see on my Flickr page.

Great stuff man, loving the roof. :sweet: Though I have to say the bank sign on the side of the building looks a little out of place, like almost to bulky, but maybe its just me. :laugh: Anyway, awesome job and keep it up. :thumbup:

Edited by That_Guy

Though I have to say the bank sign on the side of the building looks a little out of place, like almost to bulky, but maybe its just me.

Isn't that often the case with signs like this? They are the most ugly parts of many shopping street, and I like to have it that way in my streets too. Some of my other modular buildings also have 'out of place' signs. By the way, the sign can very easily be removed to get a 'clean' look.

Excellent work 'alois', I really like the teller windows - very clever use of old parts there and that cafe corner feel to the building - keep them comming and Brick On ! :moar:

That is another great building 'alois'. Great use of color and structure. :thumbup:

The photo of the teller window fooled me. My first thought was of a mirror in the rest rooms.

Wow! I find that Corner MOCs are a lot less common to come by, and this is superb! The colour scheme is spot on :thumbup: