Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

Edward Elephant's new boat

builders_guild.gif

"I need to update my fishing boat after all these years" thought Edward...

brickshelf1.jpg

So here it is

brickshelf2.jpg

Its based off the older style wooden fishing boats.

brickshelf3.jpg

brickshelf5.jpg

The hatch reveals a hold full of fish on ice.

brickshelf6.jpg

brickshelf7.jpg

lowering the net

brickshelf8.jpg

brickshelf4.jpg

Enjoy.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That's a big upgrade! And a beautiful boat, too! :sweet:

There are great features here, the working net and the hold full of fish, and the life preserver and wrench on the side of the cabin.

Edward Elephant and Marc Monkey both look like they're having a lot of fun in their grand new boat and they can certainly catch more fish, :grin: but I wonder if they'd feel more at home if their beautiful boat had been painted (built) with the bright primary colours that are synonymous with Fabuland?

Looks like a lot of Fabuland characters are getting upgrades lately. :wink: It's a lovely boat for a great Fabuland character. And while I like the more realistic color scheme, I have to agree with Pandora: some use of primary colors, for example on the hull (blue maybe?), would give it an even bigger Fabuland feel. But great work nonetheless. :classic:

That is a very nice and, to me at least, realistic looking fishing boat. It would probably look good in a town harbour too.

*huh* What the what? That's amazing. I'll post more detailed comments later as I'm at work right now, but I love you. :wub: In the meantime, I will just give you a Fabuland Builders Tag and add you as a member in the index. Awesome job! Thanks for contributing and welcome to the Guild. :grin:

What a fantastic upgrade. You have done a spectacular job on the boat, it is so clean and tidy, everything has its place and looks just right where it is. Very true to life. I love that you have used a lot of bigger bricks too, it is not that often that I see MOCs that use 2x4 bricks and bigger (everyone seems to work with millions of little tiny bricks and plates. You have given me renewed hope for my collection), just it really adds to the authentic Fabu feel. :sweet::thumbup: