Sign in to follow this  
blackpyre

MOC and Mod Smokehouse and POTC The Mill

Hey Everyone,

Ever since the contest that just ended went up, I've been wanting to motorize The Mill. So I did it, but realized I had no room to put the batter pack and IR reciever without rebuilding everything. That's why I included a second building,The Smokehouse.

Now Pirates and POTC characters can dry meat for their long voyages and thave a nice place to hide their LEGO Power Functions technology which does not fit their time period. ;)

Here's the link to it on Flickr.

Hope you all enjoy.

Nice, I've been thinking about adding powerfunctions to a pirateship :P

Hey a motorized pirate ship would be awsome. Especially if you could get it on tracks to move around. The only problem I saw with the idea was the fact that ships are rather top heavy. Perhaps if you connect enough wheel bases below it would be stable.

I did find that you can place blue tiles on the plastic straight sections of track without any problems with a train. It would be one way to hide the track without having to paint it. Sorry, I'm a purist, but I have an open mind.

Oh and I'm happy someone liked the smokehouse. Our LUG will have a big Western theme which will transition into pirates. Therefore, I needed certain types of buildings that worked well without offending the eyes. One of the things I really like about it is that the roof is built on a 16 x 16 green baseplate. This makes it increadibly easy to handle. It was also a perfect choice to hide stuff in since it calls for solid walls. I'm only sad that I don't have any room to detail the inside.

Normally, I'd build a completely new MOC for something like the water wheel. I'd add gears to slow down the rotation more and probably end up with a larger design. But our LUG has a lot of kids come by when we display and we like to have a variety of sets that they may recognize. The Mill was my attempt to give those who come by a little of both.

Will

A pirate ship moving around is still far away, I was thinking of using the PF for opening cannonhatches, extracting cannons and the like :pir_laugh2:

All I need is an effective construction for the hatches, so you can't see from the outside.

Good idea! I love how fast it goes; it would be tough to stay on that version. It looks like it belongs in a POTC amusement park. :pir-grin:

I'll just move this to the MOCs forum.