iKonoKlasT

Lego Octopus, any news?

Hi guys,

I don't know if you heard about the Lego Octopus Project. It's a new Social Networking Website dedicated to Lego fans 13+.

You can find more info here: Lego conference about Social Media/Octopus

The Octopus Website: Lego Octopus Website

I know ambassadors have already access to the platform, I don't know if any of you can give us some information about the website and maybe a release date.

Thank you

Edited by iKonoKlasT

Hi guys,

I don't know if you heard about the Lego Octopus Project. It's a new Social Networking Website dedicated to Lego fans 13+.

You can find more info here: Lego conference about Social Media/Octopus

The Octopus Website: Lego Octopus Website

I know ambassadors have already access to the platform, I don't know if any of you can give us some information about the website and maybe a release date.

Thank you

I don't know anything about it, but it sounds exciting. And the name and logo definitely amuse me, since the Aquazone octopus and I go way back.

I look forward to a proper press release about this, which I suppose we can expect whenever the closed beta ends. Most of the stuff I've seen about it seems to be mostly guesswork (for instance, some people expect a more sophisticated social experience to replace MLN), but unlike many other LEGO endeavors like LEGO Universe, this feels like something I could really get behind, if my own impression of it is correct.

I don't know anything about it, but it sounds exciting. And the name and logo definitely amuse me, since the Aquazone octopus and I go way back.

I look forward to a proper press release about this, which I suppose we can expect whenever the closed beta ends. Most of the stuff I've seen about it seems to be mostly guesswork (for instance, some people expect a more sophisticated social experience to replace MLN), but unlike many other LEGO endeavors like LEGO Universe, this feels like something I could really get behind, if my own impression of it is correct.

I hope we'll get some information soon. As far as I know, the beta has been running for more than 6 months.

Sounds like one more social networking sure for me to register at and then ignore.

This is going to get flooded with jerks, and I'm surprised LEGO has the resources to waste on moderating something like this.

Sounds like one more social networking sure for me to register at and then ignore.

This is going to get flooded with jerks, and I'm surprised LEGO has the resources to waste on moderating something like this.

I find your low expectations strangely appropriate. :thumbup:

This site, however, is built for AFOLs. So I think the biggest fights we'll get over is between studs and studless. :tongue:

Can you explain me your point of view?

Can´t give you any more information, sorry.

Without you knowing what it is you already know this? It´s another type of thing, actually I think it´s the first of it´s kind in the world.
I find your low expectations strangely appropriate. :thumbup:

You also know this already?

Can´t give you any more information, sorry.

Without you knowing what it is you already know this? It´s another type of thing, actually I think it´s the first of it´s kind in the world.

You also know this already?

At least you can tell us if we should look forward to Octopus? :classic:

Also any release date?

Hey Brick Fans, I decided to do a little investigating by phoning Shop @ Home. Only one person had even heard of this, they were also curious as to how I knew about it. The Beta, so far is exclusive to the employees, Ambassadors and CP's. Also I could not get a release date. I'm going to send a follow up eMail to them as they suggested, and it may or may not be given any attention, though I have had some really good luck with them in the past on other matters. I'll let you know if I find anything further.

I haven't heard of this either, and I'm usually on the ball with these things. I won't make a judgement until we get more infomation but...

Us lowly folk :laugh: don't have any information on this and considering LEGO's last online projects (My LEGO Network and LEGO Universe) which were considered by a lot of people to be failures, I can understand why people don't have there hopes up.

It sounds intriguing, but I want moar information! :tongue:

Technically, we have some (small) news. Visiting octopus.LEGO.com confirms that the project's name is now Rebrick, and its site is now rebrick.LEGO.com. And while the site itself is still empty, we do have news on Rebrick. See here.

I've sent an e-mail and hope for a response!

EDIT: I am slow, it seems. :blush: Well, good to have news anyway!

Edited by Aanchir